Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #29
erik13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Got a call from the service manager at the dealer today...GM contacted him and he said he will care of it free of charge.
erik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #30
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Simple logic, a filter doesn't throw a code.
Actually it will. The filter is a charcoal filter and they degrade over time. A bad filter in the canister will allow too much gas fumes to bypass it triggering the sensor which in turn throws a code.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #31
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The vent solenoid is physically located INSIDE the gas tank which is why you have to drop the rear end to replace it. The canister on the other hand is physically located right behind the the passenger quarter panel near the filler neck. This is the way it is, and the way it always has been. Where are you coming up with they was right beside each other or that the solenoid is inside the canister?
Sorry Mr Draco but your wrong. The Vent solenoid is not in the fuel tank and has never been in the fuel tank. I'm coming up with that because I'm one of those "parts changers " and I have replaced plenty of vent solenoids in not just camaros but all kinds of chevy vehicles.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #32
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik13 View Post
Got a call from the service manager at the dealer today...GM contacted him and he said he will care of it free of charge.
That's great to hear!

I'm happy that the concern will be addressed and resolved for you. Feel free to contact me again if you have any further questions.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #33
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
Sorry Mr Draco but your wrong. The Vent solenoid is not in the fuel tank and has never been in the fuel tank. I'm coming up with that because I'm one of those "parts changers " and I have replaced plenty of vent solenoids in not just camaros but all kinds of chevy vehicles.
don't you just love the ignorance on the internet lol,... vent solenoid in the tank now that's good, least the guy didn't drop the tank looking for it.
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #34
thiggin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
don't you just love the ignorance on the internet lol,... vent solenoid in the tank now that's good, least the guy didn't drop the tank looking for it.
Yea I know. Most of the time I just read and roll my eyes lol.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #35
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
Also gotta love people to make stuff up about their "job" to try and put more weight on their side vs someone who actually owns and works on the car in question .

Oh and like I mentioned earlier, I have replaced both parts in question on a few Chevy's and have removed them from my Camaro when this issue first arose so I would know where they was located and how to remove them.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #36
thiggin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Also gotta love people to make stuff up about their "job" to try and put more weight on their side vs someone who actually owns and works on the car in question .

Oh and like I mentioned earlier, I have replaced both parts in question on a few Chevy's and have removed them from my Camaro when this issue first arose so I would know where they was located and how to remove them.
Well I'm not getting in a pissing match with someone that obviously doesn't know what there talking about. But I've been working for GM for over 20 years and I work on these cars everyday. So believe what you would like.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Document ID_ 2201718.pdf (131.4 KB, 788 views)
File Type: pdf Document ID_ 2197856.pdf (90.1 KB, 488 views)
Old 11-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #37
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
Well I'm not getting in a pissing match with someone that obviously doesn't know what there talking about. But I've been working for GM for over 20 years and I work on these cars everyday. So believe what you would like.
Got that right, keep the faith and move forward.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #38
Sambolambo

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
It is located on top of the gas tank, not inside. It's #9
Attached Images

Sambolambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #39
BigE82

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
I to have the P0449 code. I spoke to the dealership the day after I got the CEL and got a $900-$1000 quote for the repair ....... NOT going to happen! however when I asked for a part number (hopes of buying the part and doing the work myself at my buddy's shop) the service dept. guy could not produce one. I've looked all over and read just about everything I can find on the subject the diagram posted here in an earlier post confirms what the scanner and Chilton's manual have said about being wedged above the frame and gas tank on the rear passenger side. but still cant find an actual part number to the vent valve solenoid that attaches to the charcoal canister. everything keeps coming up with what appears goes in the tank. any help tracking this PN down would be very helpful
Old 11-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #40
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
As long as the problems been diagnosed I would never pay what a dealer would charge. Do it my self. If its something I have not ever done I learn how to do it. Everyone has a first time. In this case you are off the hook, but with your car getting older the time will come when it won't be taken care of by warranty. Besides, its fun to take them apart and put them back together better than they were.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #41
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
If this is something that I could fix with the correct part then hell yeah, I'll do it!

The problem is, I also can't seem to find a part number to buy.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #42
Sambolambo

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
According to the GM parts list, you can't get the part separate. You have to get the canister, evap emis. It includes #'s 9,10,11,13 &14. Refer to my last post diagram. The part # for this kit is 92226690.
Sambolambo is offline   Reply With Quote