Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
BROMIGO86

Drives: Orange 2011 Camaro SS
Question 2011 Camaro Ss exhaust question

I have a 2011 Camaro ss with a MagnaFlow catback exhaust, what's everyone's opinion on BBK with high flow cats? Or if I should go with something else. I'm trying to stay in a reasonable price range too.
BROMIGO86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
I can't speak to the fitment of the BBK Long tubes or the finish quality on the headers they make now. I had a buddy with a fox body mustang in college that had chrome BBK longtubes where the finish started flaking and surface rust in places. That was almost 20 years ago though and I'm not sure how long it took for the finish to deteriorate.

If you are interested in budget headers that a lot of people on this forum use, check out speed engineering for the lowest cost option. There was a guy who just installed them in december that walks through what he had to do to get them to fit.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543471

Others have run the same headers with no problems and didn't have to modify them.

For a little more money, I went with Texas speed headers ($582). They fit great with no modifications for me personally.

Lastly, the other reason I would stay away from BBK is the primary size. I think they are 1 3/4". Find something that is either 1 7/8ths or 2" if you have bigger power goals in the future. 2" primaries will most likely require slight modification on the driver's side to clear.

Oh and both the TSP and Speed Engineering options are 304SS and the weld quality on all that I have seen look very good.

Good luck Bromigo! And let us know which way you go. Take some pics too!
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #3
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
The setup in my sig was put together with adapters and band clamps. Everything fit well except for like some of use, had to dimple the header tube by the passenger frame.