Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
sscamaross

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
HID bulb issue

Passenger headlight bulb is not working but the passenger DRL comes on instead...is this a built in safety feature that when the headlight goes out the DRL comes on... I replaced the bulb and still no luck.. when I put the new bulb in I cracked the little ceramic looking tube that is a sleeve for the wire that follows along side the bulb..would this stop the bulb from working?....I should also mention I purchased the RS headlights along with the gen5diy harness about a year ago and no problems until now ..also fuse is ok
sscamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
The little ceramic tube is the place that the arc generates inside of xenon gas. So, yes. A cracked tube will cause a failure.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
I recommend you try swapping the bulb over from the other side to see if it works. If not, move the ballast over from the other side as well. If that doesn't work, you need to start chasing power source issues.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #4
sscamaross

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Thanks...do you know if the fog light comes on when hid bulb goes out..wondering if there are some wiring issues
sscamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #5
firedruish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaross View Post
Thanks...do you know if the fog light comes on when hid bulb goes out..wondering if there are some wiring issues
When my connection for the HID bulb went out the Fog (driving light) never came on. The LED halo stayed on full time. I had to have the entire assembly replaced on mine. I drive a 14 with different headlights than you.

Good luck
Old 09-26-2018, 11:57 PM   #6
ss_suave

Drives: Camaro
Would the halo still come on if the ballast is bad? My halo comes on for the driver side but the headlight doesn't... already tried two new bulbs so I believe it is the ballast.

Has anyone change a ballast before on 2011 camaro?
ss_suave is offline   Reply With Quote