Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
Thoughts on ZL1 offer

I'm currently working with a dealer that has a 2014 ZL1, with the 20% cash back offer it is $47k (this is without any discount from the dealer).

I've had a couple emails back and forth and asked what sort of deal they would make on the car with me trading in my car (2011 2LT, 25,000 miles, no options -- manual transmission, no RS, etc). KBB on my car is $16-17k and it is fully paid off. My car is still under warranty (GM Major Guard) for another 30 months and plenty more miles. I also have two sets of wheels/tires (winter and summer) that will be of no use to me if I trade for the ZL1. Not sure if the dealer cares or if the warranty can be transferred to them, but it should add a little to the value I feel, especially since you do need the winter tires here.

They haven't given me a number yet but the salesman says his manager asked him, "what is it going to take to put the deal together? What is the OTD figure that will make him buy our car?"

I had hoped they'd make me an offer first, but since they don't seem to want to throw a number out, what OTD figure should I shoot for? I also have about $1600 in GM Card credits that I could use.

They have had this car for about a year, so I'm guessing they think this is their best chance to sell.

I'm thinking $44,000 for the car - $17,000 for my car - $1,600 GM credits plus TTL (6.25% tax) for OTD price of $28,000? Thoughts?
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
If this is the same one in CT that I'm looking at I'd hurry up if I were you!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Pick up the phone and talk to the manager and see what it will take to close the deal. With 20% already off ... I can't see them going that far down on the price but you never know. Worth a shot.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I wouldn't get to picky if already at a 20% discount. There aren't too many of those around and you better jump on it if you want it. That's a great price and take way the huge depreciation hit that most of us suffered.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
zogster

It's not in CT.

One member here got $5k off from the dealer in addition to the 20% from GM. I think that's unlikely, but $3k off seems reasonable to me considering the scenario. They've had the car for over a year and haven't been able to sell it. Now they have the 20% off and it hasn't sold in a week or so of having it at that price. Soon the 20% will be gone and they could be stuck with it for even longer. That's my POV at least.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zogster View Post
It's not in CT.

One member here got $5k off from the dealer in addition to the 20% from GM. I think that's unlikely, but $3k off seems reasonable to me considering the scenario. They've had the car for over a year and haven't been able to sell it. Now they have the 20% off and it hasn't sold in a week or so of having it at that price. Soon the 20% will be gone and they could be stuck with it for even longer. That's my POV at least.

Yeah, you have until 1/2/15, right?

Maybe they'll extend it, and gave that timeframe to really urge the people on the fence?

For 47k, I presume it doesn't have Recaros/Nav. I personally don't give a f about Nav or any of the other options, but Recaros would be awesome to have.

Tell them you'll pay what they're asking if they order the Recaros for you!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #7
zogster

Yes the deals end 1/2/15. The main thing holding me back is what the 6th gens will look like. I don't want to buy this thing and regret it in 2 weeks because the 6th gen blows me away. If the deal was to get extended to 1/15/15 I would wait and see and hope this ZL1 doesn't sell.

Only options are NAV and carbon fiber insert. I would like the Recaros but I won't make them a deal breaker. That is a pretty good idea though, to make them order them for me.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #8
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Yes the deals end 1/2/15. The main thing holding me back is what the 6th gens will look like. I don't want to buy this thing and regret it in 2 weeks because the 6th gen blows me away. If the deal was to get extended to 1/15/15 I would wait and see and hope this ZL1 doesn't sell.

Only options are NAV and carbon fiber insert. I would like the Recaros but I won't make them a deal breaker. That is a pretty good idea though, to make them order them for me.

Just my opinion but if GM follows what Ford did with the Mustang redesign your going to be wishing that you bought the 5th gen. Ive never even seen one person looking at them on the dealers lot. The previous Mustang gen will hold its value esp the 302 and Gt500. The new Gt350 looks less metro-corporate. The Gen6 Camaro renderings I have seen so far........no thanks.

Last edited by Nor Cal ZL1; 12-26-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #9
Jbrick11

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
Just buy the car what is a couple of thousand of dollars. You will regret it if they sale it.
Jbrick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #10
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:

Buy the ZL1, you wont regret it. From the renderings ive seen on the 2016 im not too impressed and look at how Ford screwed up the Mustang, so if you dont buy it you may regret that more.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #11
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
I'm currently working with a dealer that has a 2014 ZL1, with the 20% cash back offer it is $47k (this is without any discount from the dealer).

I've had a couple emails back and forth and asked what sort of deal they would make on the car with me trading in my car (2011 2LT, 25,000 miles, no options -- manual transmission, no RS, etc). KBB on my car is $16-17k and it is fully paid off. My car is still under warranty (GM Major Guard) for another 30 months and plenty more miles. I also have two sets of wheels/tires (winter and summer) that will be of no use to me if I trade for the ZL1. Not sure if the dealer cares or if the warranty can be transferred to them, but it should add a little to the value I feel, especially since you do need the winter tires here.

They haven't given me a number yet but the salesman says his manager asked him, "what is it going to take to put the deal together? What is the OTD figure that will make him buy our car?"

I had hoped they'd make me an offer first, but since they don't seem to want to throw a number out, what OTD figure should I shoot for? I also have about $1600 in GM Card credits that I could use.

They have had this car for about a year, so I'm guessing they think this is their best chance to sell.

I'm thinking $44,000 for the car - $17,000 for my car - $1,600 GM credits plus TTL (6.25% tax) for OTD price of $28,000? Thoughts?

For the money you will absolutely not find anything that comes close. I have a 14' ZL1 that I use as a daily driver. I have 13000 miles on it and left it totally stock. You know the numbers as good as I do. 0-60, 1/4 mile, top speed, etc., but in my humble opinion the ZL1 is so much more than what those numbers tell you. I never in my life thought I'd get a Camaro, not that I'm a car snob, they just never really appealed to me. Even the SS kinda makes me go....."Meh", but the ZL1 absolutely blew me away when I first saw it in 2012. There's just a cool factor with the car that's hard to describe. Plus, it's just a great car to drive. Even after having it a year and driving it 5 days a week I smile when I get in it. For me having a standard transmission will always trump any performance advantage an automatic brings. It's just soooo much fun! Several things really impressed me with this car. Fit and finish on my car is absolutely first rate. Not a panel out of place even a little bit. The paint is flawless, and trust me I looked over the entire car with my face an inch from the paint. The car I bought sat in the showroom the entire time so it never saw any weather, which I really liked. I haven't had a single hiccup or rattle after 13000 miles. I put a lot of highway miles on the car, but I also get on it periodically simply because it brings out the kid in me and I love acceleration. It's only 13000 miles, but it runs perfect. It drives really nice on the highway. Just cruising around it's very comfortable. I love that you can change the character of the car with the click of a button or two. Most new performance cars have this, but it's still cool. Think about this, when I went into the showroom the ZL1 was sitting right next to a 2008 Ferrari. I can't remember what the model was. There was a sign in between them that laid out several performance parameters.....hp, qtr mile, top speed, 0-60. The last stat was the price. Ferrari $205,000, ZL1 $59000. The ZL1 beat it in every category. You have the opportunity to buy this car for much less and have performance that only 5-10 years ago was reserved for the rich. I'm biased, I admit it, but Chevy hit it out of the park with this car. You will NOT be disappointed, regardless of what they come out with in 2016. Obviously I wasn't aware that Chevy was going to take 20% of their cars or I would have waited. Having said that, I have no regret paying full sticker for the car. It's worth every penny. Get it!!
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #12
zogster

I told them I wanted $28k OTD. I haven't even mentioned to them yet the $1600 GM Card points I have. I'm hoping they come back with $30k OTD and I can add in the "oh, do GM card points count on the ZL1/20% cash back?" to get it down under $28.5k.

Thanks for everyone's input!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #13
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
I told them I wanted $28k OTD. I haven't even mentioned to them yet the $1600 GM Card points I have. I'm hoping they come back with $30k OTD and I can add in the "oh, do GM card points count on the ZL1/20% cash back?" to get it down under $28.5k.

Thanks for everyone's input!
47,000 is already a smoking deal. If you mess around much with them the car will be sold. If you want the car make the deal before someone walks in with cash.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #14
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
47,000 is already a smoking deal. If you mess around much with them the car will be sold. If you want the car make the deal before someone walks in with cash.
Exactly! When I was in farm equipment sales back in the '80's, I always kept this sign on my desk:

"The great deal you want to think about until tomorrow may be the same deal someone else is going to close today."

These cars at the 20% off is an absurdly great deal! If you want that car, don't screw around thinking you have time because I am sure there are others looking at that same car, possibly from several miles away.

You snooze, you may just lose.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote