Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 03-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #43
Viczl1

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Not sure why you say Stunnah came off harsh?? He brought up VERY valid points about the roads in Germany. Also for someone to be touting they drive the stock F1's in 30* temps and at 110mph in rain has a death wish imho and reckless. Hope that wasn't harsh for anyone in here. ��
Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #44
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterboy8 View Post
It's not like a tire is going to "fail" like a mechanical part when it breaks. It will stop sticking as well as it used to, a decent driver should be able to feel them sliding around a little more than they used to. It's not like one day they're perfect and the next they don't work at all. I'm not sure what you're getting at by saying you told him so. Seems a little harsh, like you're taking it personally. The OP started a thread for people's ideas and opinions. Snickers just offered his.
You're right, a good driver will feel them slide around... and it's at that point and time you may be paying the price when you slide right off the road in to a ditch, like some have on this forum.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:40 PM   #45
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
It's not like a tire is going to "fail" like a mechanical part when it breaks. It will stop sticking as well as it used to, a decent driver should be able to feel them sliding around a little more than they used to. It's not like one day they're perfect and the next they don't work at all. I'm not sure what you're getting at by saying you told him so. Seems a little harsh, like you're taking it personally. The OP started a thread for people's ideas and opinions. Snickers just offered his.
Nothing personal nor harsh simply a reply to a post...Tires do fail, but unlike a mechanical part it's usually referred to as a "blowout"...If you take a worn tire to the limit the chance of a blowout or failure is increased (at 100 mph) and to have confidence in a summer only tire and drive it in 30* temps when we know that is beyond it's capability is ridiculous...This thread is about BFG's Comp 2 A/S and how they perform as a DD not track dedicated...So you can ride with "Snickers" (on borrowed time) and I'll drive my car or ride with someone else that has the BFG's...Surely you have read the countless threads dedicated to the members that have to store their cars in the winter because they don't want to destroy the GY's summer only tire...Is this clear enough for you???

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:43 PM   #46
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viczl1 View Post
Not sure why you say Stunnah came off harsh?? He brought up VERY valid points about the roads in Germany. Also for someone to be touting they drive the stock F1's in 30* temps and at 110mph in rain has a death wish imho and reckless. Hope that wasn't harsh for anyone in here. ��

Old 03-23-2017, 11:49 PM   #47
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
You are far from our side of Texas, but my local tire shop (Tires By Design) got me these tires the same day. I also believe they keep them in stock. You could call them and see if they will direct ship them to you... (281) 487-2028 ask for Timmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1 prerunner View Post
I'm only considering them for DD, want to eventually get another set of wheels for track tires. Anyone know where I can buy the BFG's? Local Discount Tire doesn't have an ETA and Tire Rack is sold out also with no ETA.
Like "flipstyledsm22" stated check your local tire source they can get them overnight...

Old 03-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #48
ls1 prerunner

Drives: 14 ZL1 w/ Recaro seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
Like "flipstyledsm22" stated check your local tire source they can get them overnight...
Locally nothing was available, no ETA or anything. Ended up calling TireRack and even though the site said backorder the vendor I spoke with said he had a "very limited stock" in these tires so I took those of their hands. Sadly they arrive the day I'll be leaving out of town, so won't get to install them for about two or three weeks from now.
ls1 prerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #49
1troyd23

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
BFG also offers a summer only tire, here's a link check it out... http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...odrich/home.do
i don't believe these are summer only tires, they have the same 400 tread rating as the A/S...or that is a very hard "all summer" tire !! lol
1troyd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:10 PM   #50
RareDarkness

Drives: 2013 ZL1 CAMARO
Just ordered a set from tire rack. Listed as in Stock with limited quantity. Estimated delivered 4-5 days from now. Fronts and rears coming from different locations. Now to order my mrr wheels for them to go on.
RareDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #51
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Some pics of MRR 228 with BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S. This was before I installed my ZL1 Fender guards.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #52
Genzl1rev

Drives: 2014 ZL1 RED HOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Some pics of MRR 228 with BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S. This was before I installed my ZL1 Fender guards.
What's the Offset?
Those look nice.
Are they Z28 Replicas?
2006 Volvo R60 AWD>2010 Acura ZDX Black (the Batmobile)
2Wheels:Kawi Eliminator>Honda CB1
Genzl1rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:06 PM   #53
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Nothing personal nor harsh simply a reply to a post...Tires do fail, but unlike a mechanical part it's usually referred to as a "blowout"...If you take a worn tire to the limit the chance of a blowout or failure is increased (at 100 mph) and to have confidence in a summer only tire and drive it in 30* temps when we know that is beyond it's capability is ridiculous...This thread is about BFG's Comp 2 A/S and how they perform as a DD not track dedicated...So you can ride with "Snickers" (on borrowed time) and I'll drive my car or ride with someone else that has the BFG's...Surely you have read the countless threads dedicated to the members that have to store their cars in the winter because they don't want to destroy the GY's summer only tire...Is this clear enough for you???
A blowout vs. sliding around is completely different. But you can claim victory dude.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:21 AM   #54
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
A blowout vs. sliding around is completely different. But you can claim victory dude.
I'm not seeking a victory just stating the facts dude...

Old 03-30-2017, 12:57 PM   #55
RareDarkness

Drives: 2013 ZL1 CAMARO
My BFGs got delivered yesterday. Dayum they are meaty! MRR 228 wheels getting delivered today. Cant wait to get the setup put on.
RareDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #56
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareDarkness View Post
My BFGs got delivered yesterday. Dayum they are meaty! MRR 228 wheels getting delivered today. Cant wait to get the setup put on.
Nice, I think you will be pretty happy with them.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote