Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #3473
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Well guys I fianally got the word that all of my parts are in for the Suspension overhaul. Looks like next week sometime I will be loading up the truck and heading to American Brake and Muffler in Fredricksberg for the full treatment. Take a look:

From Pedders:

164086 SportsRyder Supercar Coilover
EP1167HD Zeta HD Differential Mounts
EP1201HD Camaro HD Rear Sub Frame Repl
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack/Pinion Mnt
EP6577 Camaro Front Radius Rod Bush
EP7264 Zeta Rear Lower Control Arm In
EP7322 Camaro Rear Upper Control Arm
EP7323 Zeta Rear Trailing ArmToe Link
PDUSACAM2800 Camaro Complete Brake Hose Kit
PDUSACAMFULL Camaro Full Alignment Kit

From Pfadt:

Camaro Adjustable Sway Bars - Sport
Camaro Performance Rear Trailing Arm
Pfadt Camaro Sway Bar End Links
2010 Camaro Engine Mounts
and maybe the new 2010 Camaro Camber Kit

Yeah I know the kitchen sink must be in there somewhere.
Figure what the heck just do it all and get it over with.
I had to go with a hybrid of sorts due to parts availablity, gotta remember I am 500 miles away from dealers.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #3474
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Well guys I fianally got the word that all of my parts are in for the Suspension overhaul. Looks like next week sometime I will be loading up the truck and heading to American Brake and Muffler in Fredricksberg for the full treatment. Take a look:

From Pedders:

From Pfadt:

Camaro Adjustable Sway Bars - Sport
Camaro Performance Rear Trailing Arm
Pfadt Camaro Sway Bar End Links
2010 Camaro Engine Mounts
and maybe the new 2010 Camaro Camber Kit

I had to go with a hybrid of sorts due to parts availablity, gotta remember I am 500 miles away from dealers.
Nice list MWS - can't wait until you get those parts put on and feel the difference

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #3475
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Quote:

Man that search feature can come back a bite a guy, huh RS?
It's OK buddy have fun, I wont hold it against you.

Remember posts never go away, I got a warning this last weekend for calling a Jerk a Jerk.
Yep Ivan got me on that one, I even got myself. When it comes down to it having cars like these is no fun if you don't go out and enjoy them now and then.

mws you have a nice list of suspension mods there. That puppy is going to be race ready now!!! Keep us posted.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #3476
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
Yep Ivan got me on that one, I even got myself. When it comes down to it having cars like these is no fun if you don't go out and enjoy them now and then.

mws you have a nice list of suspension mods there. That puppy is going to be race ready now!!! Keep us posted.
Man I will need all the help I can get to keep up with your other half....she will be getting her racing license next. I do plan on hitting that track of yours this summer for a few lessons.
I am with you on the having fun with these cars!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #3477
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:

From Pedders:

Welcome to the PEDDERS NATION!!!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #3478
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
MWS, congrats on going with that awesome suspension package! The REALLY funny thing about our story is that when RS first decided to do the LPE upgrade, at first I was gonna keep my car stock. Then after looking over his shoulder for about a month on this site, I said, "Well maybe after yours comes back, if I like it, I might send mine." Then when his was almost finished we took the trip to LPE, visited that awesome facility, 570 gave us a ride in his beast, and I signed the papers that day for the 650 package! Now look at me. Like I said earlier, a lot CAN change in 9-10 months! I love my car more and more each and every day.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:21 AM   #3479
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
MWS, congrats on going with that awesome suspension package! The REALLY funny thing about our story is that when RS first decided to do the LPE upgrade, at first I was gonna keep my car stock. Then after looking over his shoulder for about a month on this site, I said, "Well maybe after yours comes back, if I like it, I might send mine." Then when his was almost finished we took the trip to LPE, visited that awesome facility, 570 gave us a ride in his beast, and I signed the papers that day for the 650 package! Now look at me. Like I said earlier, a lot CAN change in 9-10 months! I love my car more and more each and every day.
Hee Hee...Hey When I ordered this car back in 2008, a cool stock car was all I thought about. Then I found this forum...since then it seems like I am running my own stumulis program for the aftermarket parts manafactures.
So I guess nothing leads to excess like excess, huh?
Oh well if you all are anything like me all the modding has been every bit the fun that initialy ordering the car was.
So here is to modding the cars we love
Old 05-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #3480
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Hee Hee...Hey When I ordered this car back in 2008, a cool stock car was all I thought about. Then I found this forum...since then it seems like I am running my own stumulis program for the aftermarket parts manafactures.
So I guess nothing leads to excess like excess, huh?
Oh well if you all are anything like me all the modding has been every bit the fun that initialy ordering the car was.
So here is to modding the cars we love

I see your and raise you - just not in the car...LOL

nice list MWS... Wait till you see how well it handles AFTER you put all that stuff in your car! You will love it! P.S. - you better have some reading material.. it takes quite a few hours to put all them parts in.

Yup... Modding is half the fun.. the other half is actually USING it...!!!
I will have my next set of CCW wheels for the track on the 27th!!!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #3481
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
I see your and raise you - just not in the car...LOL

nice list MWS... Wait till you see how well it handles AFTER you put all that stuff in your car! You will love it! P.S. - you better have some reading material.. it takes quite a few hours to put all them parts in.

Yup... Modding is half the fun.. the other half is actually USING it...!!!
I will have my next set of CCW wheels for the track on the 27th!!!
You are right, nothing like airing out my LPE beast on a quite road to bring that grin right back.

I will probably leave the car off and head over to San Antonio for the day. My 10 year old son thinks about the Bass Pro Shop like we do about Lingenfelter.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #3482
Hoverman

Drives: 2010 2ss
Ok guys, I don't know where Arrouo Secco NM is, or what is there, but I would be up for it. But I would like to throw something else out. There is a new first class track in Wilcox AZ. Its a Motorsports ranch, I guess if you have alot of $$$$$ ( 50,000) you can join, store you car or cars fly in land on their private runway and run your cars on there road track or drag strip even get instruction. I live close so I have been in contact with some of the owners , they seem like great guys, they even have a history with LPE. On July 2,3 and 4 they are having a all American Track day and the track will be open. I will be going and would love to see some other of our SW LPE folks there. 3 Days of Fun!!! You can look them uo at www.indemotorsports.com
Pfadt adj coilovers,Pfadt trailing arms,
Pfadt Dif Bushings, Pfadt rear tie rods
Hotchiss Cassis Brace, LPE 3.91 gears
MGW shifter,Billetprototypes Catch Can
LPE Pedals, LPE Sway bar links
LPE custom ralley stripes, Paint upgrade and 4 coats of clear
Lingengelter Embroidered Headrest
Foose wheels, LPE Brake calipers with slotted rotors
Hotchiss/LPE Strut Brace,
Hoverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #3483
mws444

Here is the web site for Arroyo Seco: http://www.arroyosecoraceway.com/

It is a tight course from what I have been told. THe long straight is also a quarter mile drag strip.
I checked out the Site you posted the link on and by their rules if I am reading them right you have to have a racing license to run there.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #3484
Hoverman

No licence needed they are open to groups and have open days for a fee now and then. The company I work for has a contract with them and I have talke to the owners many times. It will be great in July. But Arroyo Secco sounds great also, what dates were you thinking of.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #3485
Hoverman

Looked at the link, sounds great , I'm in for sure.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #3486
mws444

I would love to be able to swing it but the weekend of the 4th will from a family point. Wife will probably draw the line on that one.