Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-01-2019, 10:49 PM   #15
5thgenlife

Drives: zl1
I know there is issue with rubber not sealing tight enough to cap causing cap to leak, i lifted rubber and dropped oring under it, tightened it up good. I also have a snapon vacuum and i have found that unless you have the hose vertical you will always see bubbles.

I honestly dont know how yours supposed to solve the issue when everytime it doesnt work you slap the old one back on.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
5thgenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:20 PM   #16
Reapers2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenlife View Post
I know there is issue with rubber not sealing tight enough to cap causing cap to leak, i lifted rubber and dropped oring under it, tightened it up good. I also have a snapon vacuum and i have found that unless you have the hose vertical you will always see bubbles.

I honestly dont know how yours supposed to solve the issue when everytime it doesnt work you slap the old one back on.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Yeah installing such a simple component and it working or getting it to work is frustrating. This is my daily driver and not having a running car is not a option. I cant really solve this issue since there has to be something is actually wrong with the part. Reinstalling the factory master cylinder just proves that my installation and methods are not flawed. I use to think that I had to be doing something wrong, but the instructions are simple and bleeding the master cylinder and clutch system is pretty simple also.
Reapers2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:30 PM   #17
Reapers2SS

Matt at Tick Performance is taking care of me. Sent it back and hope to resolve this issue.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:35 AM   #18
5thgenlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapers2SS View Post
Matt at Tick Performance is taking care of me. Sent it back and hope to resolve this issue.
What did they do the first time you sent it back?
Old 06-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #19
Reapers2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenlife View Post
What did they do the first time you sent it back?
Well I did pay for the lifetime warranty. First time he said he took it apart and basically did a rebuild. He said I was fine though. I think there might be a issue with the pressure line that goes down to the slave cylinder. I never saw brake fluid leaking but doesn't mean air was being pulled in. This might allow air in and push out. Unsure.. One thing I do know is that the master cylinder was not allowing a pressure or enough force to press on the pressure plate and disengage the clutch which would give me a firm pedal. It may also be a issue with the size of the line, it could be to large. Either case the principal of bleeding the stock master cylinder is the same and with the stock parts I was able to bleed and get a pedal. I was also using the Tick speed bleeder this time. Once I had the factory master cylinder, pressing the clutch pedal and opening the bleeder the brake fluid came out with much higher pressure. The tick one came out at a much lower pressure, more like a steady flow.

With this time spent I think this weekend I am going to install the Monster LT1S twin disk clutch while I am waiting on the master cylinder.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #20
Reapers2SS

Update: Replacement came in this Morning

So just alittle update, this morning I received a replacement New Tick Clutch Master Cylinder. I spoke with Matt @ Tick earlier this week and I sent back my original and he said that they would send me a Brand New one.

I could already notice a few changes: 1 being the torque screws that hold down the supply nipple was now a larger screw and the hose that's supplied seemed to be different. Anyway, I got it installed, gravity bleed it and then did a install bench bleed to get it filled with fluid. Immediately I had a pedal but felt a little sponge. I bled it with the speed bleeder about 10 times and the pedal felt good. I adjusted the rod end out until I got a smoother 1 gear engagement. Took it for a drive and everything works great. When I let up on the clutch pedal there is a immediate difference from stock, the clutch engages a lot quicker, crisper, and I feel less slippage at higher rpm shifts. I only had two 1st to 2nd gear grinds but I think that was just my hand moving faster than my foot pressing the pedal down far enough. All high rpm shifts in the other gears are perfect.

I'd like to thank Matt@Tick Performance working with me and helping me out with getting through these issues. I'll have to wait on a reply back and see if they found anything wrong with the first one. As of now a satisfied customer.

Time now to install the Monster LT1S twin disk.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #21
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Tick is good peeps...r you using Dot 3 or 4?

Peace
Old 06-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #22
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
Glad to hear you got it squared away i got mine installed and am currently tring to bleed it and like you its pumping fluid but no pressure im bleed accoring to instructions and nothing ill b calling tomorrow and referencing your same issue
Old 06-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #23
5thgenlife

Glad you finally got it taken care of.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:57 PM   #24
fastblack10ss

Drives: 2010 SS M6
So what was the problem; bad master cyl?
I ask because I cannot get mine to bleed with speed bleeder and pedal stays to floor. I’ve put about 1/2 liter through this thing. Even removed the remote reservoir and went back to combined brake/clutch reservoir in case the remote reservoir couldn’t seal.
I’ll call Tick if I can’t get a response from anyone on what to check before assuming bad new master cylinder.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:03 PM   #25
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
glad to hear it's all good. i know they made a revised part back mid last-year when i had initial issues, and my replacement was 10x better.

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:28 PM   #26
dru21281

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblack10ss View Post
So what was the problem; bad master cyl?
I ask because I cannot get mine to bleed with speed bleeder and pedal stays to floor. I’ve put about 1/2 liter through this thing. Even removed the remote reservoir and went back to combined brake/clutch reservoir in case the remote reservoir couldn’t seal.
I’ll call Tick if I can’t get a response from anyone on what to check before assuming bad new master cylinder.
Did you replace the slave cylinder also? After changing my slave and clutch(already has the Tick adj master installed prior and worked fine) I couldn't get it to bleed either.
I think there was an excessive amount of grease inside the slave cyl(which the manufacturer puts on the orings that the fittings go into) and clogged the system.
Had to use a vacuum bleeder on both ends to get any fluid to move through the system. Finally the Fluid coming out was black with white particles floating around, which I'm guessing is the grease... It has now taken me almost 2 qts of fluid and 1 month to get clean/clear fluid coming out of the speed bleeder...
It could also be a master cylinder problem, but if you did change the slave its worth a shot

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
dru21281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:24 PM   #27
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Interesting thread, I have had the exact same experience as Reapers2ss. Sending it back to Tick, and hoping it works when I get it back.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:45 AM   #28
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
So I got my Tick master back, and it works now. They said they tested it, and it was fine and passed the test and sent it back. I'm thinking they did something to fix it?