Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-30-2020, 09:25 AM   #1
DAP_Driver

Drives: 2015 Z28 (sold)
Thoughts on Extended Warranties

Good morning,

I’m curious to hear if anyone has purchased an extended warranty and if you recommend them. I understand garage queens (that literally aren’t driven) and track rats defeat the purpose but for those that are somewhere in between: is it worth it? Chevy’s 3rd party offers a 60 mo/60k mile package for $3108, which is comparable to other offerings. It’s exclusionary so only shows what’s not covered - and very little isn’t covered. While the Z28 doesn’t have bells and whistles like blind spot protection, etc, the powertrain alone might make it worth the money. Thanks!
DAP_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP_Driver View Post
Good morning,

I’m curious to hear if anyone has purchased an extended warranty and if you recommend them. I understand garage queens (that literally aren’t driven) and track rats defeat the purpose but for those that are somewhere in between: is it worth it? Chevy’s 3rd party offers a 60 mo/60k mile package for $3108, which is comparable to other offerings. It’s exclusionary so only shows what’s not covered - and very little isn’t covered. While the Z28 doesn’t have bells and whistles like blind spot protection, etc, the powertrain alone might make it worth the money. Thanks!
Recently purchased the GM Extended underwritten by AMT... I'll let you know!
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:08 PM   #3
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
I purchased the extended warranty to have the peace of mind in case of a major failure. I don’t plan on modding this car so the decision was easy for me and if it wasn’t a keeper car then I probably wouldn’t have paid for the extra warranty. That’s the criteria I used when making the decision.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #4
gsxrturbo

Drives: 2010 ss
depends if you can fix yr own stuff,if not go with the warranty
gsxrturbo is offline   Reply With Quote