Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #43
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
THIS!!!!!!!!

The pick up truck was equal at fault because why did he just not let speedy Gonzales over in the first place? He was 100% taunting him on and should be held liable, f***ing db. I hate when ppl intentionally speed up from letting you over then slow down when you are begind them.

Hell, just yesterday on my way to a location (in my work semi) I was on 45 north between Houston and Dallas and signaled to get over to the left to pass another semi (my truck is governed at 80 mpg), and this black newer f250 literally gunned it and did all he could to try to keep me from merging into the left lane, he went as far as to have 65% of his truck in the gravel and median trying to "force" me back to the right. I held my pace and was 100% content with pushing this loser completely in the grass median (which he came to his senses and figured out). I merged, passed the truck then safely moved back into the right lane (no going slower, no brake checking etc) So many idiot drivers out there.
I get the anger when someone speeds up to prevent you from making a safe and reasonable pass to the left. People pull that crap all the time, and I got no problem cutting them off. But, in this case, the Camaro had no business attempting to merge in there at that moment, and the pickup driver had ever right to prevent it.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #44
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
maybe he was in a rush to go the hospital or something. dont be so quick so judge
Old 04-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #45
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Nobody should intentionally block another car, regardless of the way they are driving.
Yes, the Camaro was driving in a very aggressive, ridicules manner but perhaps they had somebody that was in medical distress and were rushing to seek help ?? I realize that is a long shot but without knowing the facts I (and the pick up driver) have no way of knowing.
These drivers out there that for some reason take it upon themselves to "police" everyone else are a real problem.....just as much as the idiot aggressive ones.

There were 3 people at fault in this accident, all are to blame.
First is the Camaro for his aggressive driving.
Second is the pick up for playing "cop"
Third is the semi-truck, he surely knew what was going on and could have slowed and removed himself from the situation.

If I had to bet, I would say the Camaro was just driving like an idiot but without knowing the facts I would've just let him pass, call the authorities, and hopefully they would be able to intervene up ahead.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #46
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
We have the passing lane law here but it's not a blatant violation they won't do anything. My point is the retard tried to cut off the truck by trying to fit into a space a Miata would have a hard time going through then rides the trucks ass in order to make a point to hurry up even though the truck continued the speed he was going before this whole thing started and even though he slowed down to stir the pot a bit it still would be called passing, that's what the law states here, if there's a no vehicle on your right and a car must merge into the right lane to pass you may be fined. I don't know what the law is else where but here the truck is completely in the right with the semi next to him. My point is this it was a bad situation with the biggest fuggtard being the camaro driver and once the cops get the video the truck driver might get a harsh taking to while the other guy will be completely screwed having to pay for everything which he should be held responsible.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #47
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Brake checking is one of the most dangerous things you can ever do in a car... just don't do it folks.

This entire accident was so preventable and this is exactly what dick waving gets you. Both of these idiots should have their licenses suspended.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #48
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
We have the passing lane law here but it's not a blatant violation they won't do anything. My point is the retard tried to cut off the truck by trying to fit into a space a Miata would have a hard time going through then rides the trucks ass in order to make a point to hurry up even though the truck continued the speed he was going before this whole thing started and even though he slowed down to stir the pot a bit it still would be called passing, that's what the law states here, if there's a no vehicle on your right and a car must merge into the right lane to pass you may be fined. I don't know what the law is else where but here the truck is completely in the right with the semi next to him. My point is this it was a bad situation with the biggest fuggtard being the camaro driver and once the cops get the video the truck driver might get a harsh taking to while the other guy will be completely screwed having to pay for everything which he should be held responsible.
Amen.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #49
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
the pickup driver should be jailed and camaro driver ticketed.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #50
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Just sucks that dumbass roped two other people into his wreck.

Sorry, I don't blame either truck. I doubt the rig changed his speed any, and that pickup is under no obligation to exceed a speed he's comfortable with to let some asshole who tried more than once to force him off the highway around him.

It may have been smarter to do so, but I doubt the law would support blaming the pickup. I know I don't let anyone push me around on the highway, especially if they're driving like a retard.

Stuff happens, maybe the Camaro misjudged the truck's spot before trying to move over - we all know how visibility in these things can be - but to then hop over and try to drive up that pickup's ass like that is inexcusable.

Got what he deserved. I hope the pickup driver got out and politely informed him of what he was doing wrong before wrecking everybody.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:42 AM   #51
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
Nobody should intentionally block another car, regardless of the way they are driving.
I don't fault the truck driver for not stomping on his brakes to let the car-driving ass-hat squeeze his car into what was probably less than a 1.5 car-length space. Watch from about 0:32 and pay attention to the shadow of the vehicle in front of the truck driver.

The 18-wheeler was likely on cruise control, and you just can't expect 18 wheels and 80,000 lbs to be driven like a 4000 lb 4-wheeler. My son drives an 18-wheel box and my son-in-law runs an 18 wheel flatbed. What I hear from them bothers me. What I don't scares me.

I saw no evidence of "medical emergency". If that was the case, why didn't the car driver take to the right side around the 18-wheeler in the first place? Like, go where there isn't any traffic instead of where there is . . . dumbass.

Norm
Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 AM   #52
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
Sorry, I don't blame either truck. I doubt the rig changed his speed any, and that pickup is under no obligation to exceed a speed he's comfortable with to let some asshole who tried more than once to force him off the highway around him.
In most states, this is absolutely false. You don't drive the speed your comfortable with in the left lane while blocking traffic. It's a ticketable offense and is the cause of MANY accidents.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #53
Minoclan

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Coupe (Red Hot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
maybe he was in a rush to go the hospital or something. dont be so quick so judge
I agree 100%. There could have been an important issue.
Minoclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:46 AM   #54
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
In most states, this is absolutely false. You don't drive the speed your comfortable with in the left lane while blocking traffic. It's a ticketable offense and is the cause of MANY accidents.
The pickup was passing the rig, which is all you need to be doing in the left lane. As long as you're going the minimum and you're passing someone, left lane is a-okay.

At the very least I'm pretty surprised so many folks here think the pickup was more in the wrong than the Camaro.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #55
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Cam - you do realize that there was a vehicle ahead of the small truck. Left lane speed wasn't his choice either. At 0:40 you can even see the right side quarter of this vehicle as the truck swerves left.

Edit - at about 0:49 this vehicle cuts in front of the 18 wheeler that's in front of the 18 wheeler that was eventually involved in the wreck.

Review all of the evidence, people.

Norm
Old 04-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #56
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Lot of idiot in that video. Too bad the truck driver was hit with it.