Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #575
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Build my car GM build it!!!
I was at 3400 on Sat. Where is my car!!!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #576
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
UCF- Can you tell us when new Vin's are generally added to your spreadsheet? Best times to look? When nothing would change? As always, very much appreciated.
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #577
SDCamaro

Drives: Camaro 2SS CGM
I have asked my dealer about what is up with Moreno Valley getting 38 cars. He is going to ask. I will let everyone know what he finds out.
SDCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #578
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
UCF- Can you tell us when new Vin's are generally added to your spreadsheet? Best times to look? When nothing would change? As always, very much appreciated.
Each morning around 8am EDT. I have a program that runs on a scheduled task each morning at 7am. You'll start seeing new entries soon thereafter. It *should* be done by 8am. But it's not completely stable yet so this morning, for example, it got stuck and was running for too long so I had to kill it and restart it. It's now scanning from 100001 to 101500 so there's quite a bit of data to process and outgoing website connections. I'm working towards it being completely automated and hands-off.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #579
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
Build my car GM build it!!!
I was at 3400 on Sat. Where is my car!!!!
If you build it, they will come!
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #580
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro View Post
I have asked my dealer about what is up with Moreno Valley getting 38 cars. He is going to ask. I will let everyone know what he finds out.
Don't mean to knock anybody, but seriously, what is up with Moreno Valley?
Old 03-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #581
bevot9

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2LT

okay tell me what yall would do...
My parents (I'm 17) ordered the camaro for me the first day you could order it at Eldorado Chevy of Mckinney, Texas. I got 2LT (they didn't want me to have any faster hp). They told us, we got the first Camaro at their dealership.

Well now since everyone is finding out all their information and getting all excited, we contact our dealership to find out more about the event code or the vin if they had it yet. They say they don't have either but we are still number 1. I do a little research find out one car is being sent to my dealership an 1SS (I think #319 thanks to awesome vin list). We call and ask about it, they say they sold it to a big company that deals with NASCAR. Okay fine but still they lied right! I understand that a big company receives faster than a regular consumer but at least tell me and not bs!

So we are upset since they can't seem to find the event code or anything important (we even talked to the manager) and call customer service who looks up are info and actually has to call our dealer to get the info since they don't care sharing any info with the person who ordered it. We find out the event code is still 1100!!! I bought the first day!!! So then I go look at my welcome kit and it says "date ordered: 10/16/2008" three days after we ordered it.

So I feel like my dealership (Eldorado Cheverolet of Mckinney, Texas) is bs-ing us and not actually worring about my order at all. Should my event code still be 1100?

Please help!!!

What would you do!?!
bevot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #582
UCF w00t
Geek

Guys, please don't turn the Moreno Valley stuff into an issue. Yea, they've got a ton of cars (and it looks like more on the way as they were one of the last few in the most recent update as well). There has to be some explanation other than them just getting cars for the sake of getting cars; that's just not logical. If this data becomes a pain for GM, they (most likely) could make the US page more like the Canadian page and effectively take away our ability to access the data. So please, just let it go. There's nothing any of us are going to do about it even if there was something uncool going on so no point in getting worked up over it.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #583
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Guys, please don't turn the Moreno Valley stuff into an issue. Yea, they've got a ton of cars (and it looks like more on the way as they were one of the last few in the most recent update as well). There has to be some explanation other than them just getting cars for the sake of getting cars; that's just not logical. If this data becomes a pain for GM, they (most likely) could make the US page more like the Canadian page and effectively take away our ability to access the data. So please, just let it go. There's nothing any of us are going to do about it even if there was something uncool going on so no point in getting worked up over it.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #584
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevot9 View Post

My parents (I'm 17) ordered the camaro for me the first day you could order it at Eldorado Chevy of Mckinney, Texas. I got 2LT (they didn't want me to have any faster hp). They told us, we got the first Camaro at their dealership.

Well now since everyone is finding out all their information and getting all excited, we contact our dealership to find out more about the event code or the vin if they had it yet. They say they don't have either but we are still number 1. I do a little research find out one car is being sent to my dealership an 1SS (I think #319 thanks to awesome vin list). We call and ask about it, they say they sold it to a big company that deals with NASCAR. Okay fine but still they lied right! I understand that a big company receives faster than a regular consumer but at least tell me and not bs!

So we are upset since they can't seem to find the event code or anything important (we even talked to the manager) and call customer service who looks up are info and actually has to call our dealer to get the info since they don't care sharing any info with the person who ordered it. We find out the event code is still 1100!!! I bought the first day!!! So then I go look at my welcome kit and it says "date ordered: 10/16/2008" three days after we ordered it.

So I feel like my dealership (Eldorado Cheverolet of Mckinney, Texas) is bs-ing us and not actually worring about my order at all. Should my event code still be 1100?

Please help!!!

What would you do!?!
Well your car would still have gotten passed up anyways. There was a constraint on LS/LTs until last week so the dealership couldn't submit your order for processing whether they wanted to or not. They should've called you and given you the option to change to an SS or wait but it sounds like you wouldn't have had any choice but to wait anyways. As long as they didn't have another car pulled this past week or this coming week, you aren't getting screwed at all and are right where you should be.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #585
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevot9 View Post

Please help!!!

What would you do!?!
A lot of people who ordered the first day are still at 1100....me included. Be patient. Most dealerships only have 1 person who actually submit the orders.A lot of dealerships only do that function once or twice per week. If you gave your salesman your order info on the 13th, then he gives it to the person who actually submits the order. That person probably only submits orders on Friday(the 16th). Calm down.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #586
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
X1billion

and if that were seconds and we started back in 1959 it would be now!
50 cars to one dealer out of the first 1500 does not mean squat to any of our orders. Please just let it die a slow peaceful death and be ever so grateful for what we have......
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #587
bevot9

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2LT
Okay thanks make me feel a little better. I knew I should have gotten the SS!!!!
Thanks a lot. And thats kewl on the VIN list whoever figured it out...pure genius!
bevot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #588
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
2g1ft1ew5a9100373
On order:
2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote