Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #29
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnSS View Post
How can Vendors get an idea of attendance without pre-registration? I know a lot of people say, I will be there! Wouldn't a pre-paid registration give vendors solid numbers, to quantify their attendance?
Vendors attend hoping to make sales at the event and build relationships to make sales after the event. Attendance numbers don't translate directly into sales. Some vendors have found success at CamaroFEST with on site installations. Others have gone in different directions based on their experience with the FEST. The 6th Gen will be out for the next FEST. My guess is you'll see a great vendor turn out as they look to capture market share with the new car.

Other vendors stayed the course and continued to support the FEST this year, even with the 5th Gen in the last months of production.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #30
RJT2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
TAG UR IT you and everyone else has my appreciation and respect for putting on a great fest.
2010 2SS/RS L99 CAI intake Stainless Works headers and Hi-flow cats CORSA cat back exhaust livernois motorsports dyno tune VMAX throttle body ELITE catch can GM clean side catch can 2014 lca BMR rear toe links PEDDERS Supercar suspension PEDDERS poly subframe bushings JPSS BLACK MAGIC rear sway bar DSS 1000 hp axles 1LE wheels Michelin 285/35 tires CTS-V front brake upgrade fuel rail flip heater hose relocation
RJT2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #31
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Could we all pitch in $50/$100 per car to help with more staff and vendor fees? I know it's more money but just a thought
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #32
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Geographically, I would vote somewhere in Kansas. More centrally located for everyone!

Geographically, the fest has been more central the last 4 years. It leaves the majority of the east and west coast high and dry. Let's move on and have it more east or west. Preferably west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #33
Snakeater

Drives: 2010 ss/rs Camaro///1978 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
This.

I left the store tent ONCE on Friday to go to the restroom. Allan (Milk) was awesome and ran to get us all food. We were just too busy. I got to get away for like 30 minutes on Saturday but dang, man....I want to see the vendors, check out the car show, and hell...even run the autocross but can't. Robert and Merc were stuck up in the drag booth and running up and down the track hunting down drivers trying to make that run smoothly. Autocross volunteers worked their @SSES off

This is a huge undertaking and most don't know just how much time is given up by those who actually bust their butts working behind the scenes so others can have a good time. And NO ONE...I do mean NO ONE got paid anything to do this. This was complete volunteer work so "you" could have a good time. That's the caliber of people we have here...just overwhelming to know how wonderful and kind these folks are.

Thank you to all the others I didn't get the chance to meet who helped put this together. You all ROCK!!!

Thank you for all the hard work
Old 08-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #34
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
This.

I left the store tent ONCE on Friday to go to the restroom. Allan (Milk) was awesome and ran to get us all food. We were just too busy. I got to get away for like 30 minutes on Saturday but dang, man....I want to see the vendors, check out the car show, and hell...even run the autocross but can't. Robert and Merc were stuck up in the drag booth and running up and down the track hunting down drivers trying to make that run smoothly. Autocross volunteers worked their @SSES off

This is a huge undertaking and most don't know just how much time is given up by those who actually bust their butts working behind the scenes so others can have a good time. And NO ONE...I do mean NO ONE got paid anything to do this. This was complete volunteer work so "you" could have a good time. That's the caliber of people we have here...just overwhelming to know how wonderful and kind these folks are.

Thank you to all the others I didn't get the chance to meet who helped put this together. You all ROCK!!!
Thanks for the hard work of the entire Camaro5 crew! Maybe at next fest, there could be a sign up for "relief crew" for places like the store tent. I would have, and I bet many others would have volunteered an hour or two... A couple of shifts would give you some participation time.... Or even keep store booth at the host hotel, etc.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
How can Vendors get an idea of attendance without pre-registration? I know a lot of people say, I will be there! Wouldn't a pre-paid registration give vendors solid numbers, to quantify their attendance?
You are 100% correct... we simply hang our asses out there every year hoping you guys will show up (and you do). But not all vendors are going to do that. I can assure you the ones that showed up this year did better than any other year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
Could we all pitch in $50/$100 per car to help with more staff and vendor fees? I know it's more money but just a thought
Just show up and pay an entry fee. As long as we have attendance we can make the balance sheet work out. Pre-paid registration is a must and if someone couldn't make it they could still donate that way to keep it going. Like I said at the Meet and Greet we are simply grass roots and not professionals at this but the attendees keep it going. We had the BEST SPECTATOR turnout ever this year so Thank You all for making it work and I apologize to those who expect something a bit more professional.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #36
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I haven't made a Fest yet eager for one to come out here to the West but kudos to all of you volunteers that put in ur time for this.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:40 PM   #37
SSL Callaway

Drives: 2011 Callaway SS Convertible
My vote would be for Denver. There is a drag strip, a large Camaro group and a drive through the mountains would be awesome!
Old 08-10-2015, 10:49 PM   #38
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Puff Puff Pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 11:20 PM   #39
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I too think it is very special when people come from all over the country to one place. It's a real testament to the enthusiasm around this Auto and around this Club. There are plenty of other things to do the rest of the year in different regions already. Of course us people in the Midwest like it centrally located, However,
If you pick a place on the east coast or west coast as opposed to the Midwest, I guess it would be great to try and choose a place where people would want to plan a vacation before or after the fest. that may help them justify the long drive. just a thought. I know it has to be a tremendous amount of work to look for new venues each year knowing that whatever you decide some part of the country is probably going to be unhappy.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:01 AM   #40
Snakeater

Drives: 2010 ss/rs Camaro///1978 Camaro
St. Louis is nice place and just redid the track there
Old 08-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #41
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
No matter the location, if it works out for me with work and kids sports, I will be there!
Great time this year!

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:58 AM   #42
nkdaws01

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
The selfish part of me wants it back in Kentucky. It is pretty centrally located after all . Or perhaps up in Lansang, where the 6th gen is being built.
nkdaws01 is offline   Reply With Quote