Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #1
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
LPE Dual Pump HPTuners

I have a LPE dual fuel pump installed in my car. This pump requires a remapping of the fuel gauge to properly read how much gas is in the tank.

When my car was previously tuned with SCT, a tuner had already created the mapping, so the gauge worked properly. I have since then had my car dyno tuned and switched to HPtuners. Since that time my car now runs out of fuel when the gauge reads just under 1/4 tank even though the tune was adjusted to account for the different fuel pump and mapping. I had another tuner also look at my tune and he said what i show matches what they have as being correct data, but again my gauge is still off.

I am trying to narrow it down to see whether or not my sending unit went bad or if its the tune. Does anyone here running HPtuners and a LPE fuel pump have a properly working fuel gauge. If so, could they either look at my tune, or send me a copy of their tune for me to look at?
Old 08-17-2015, 06:21 AM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I don't have LPE dual pumps, but I know that LPE have different resistance values VS gallons in the tank. I would give Lingenfelter a call and ask them. BullF-16 went through your exact same problem. I dont know what he did to fix it. I think Bo White is also using HPT and LPE pumps, may want to send those guys a pm.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
oachalon

Correct, LPE does use different resistance values. Lingenfelter was useless. I contacted them and all they said was we only tune for EFI Live. Terrible customer service. It took days for them to just tell me that.

I have already been in contact with Bo, but he doesnt have a file off hand he can send to me.

Basically just looking for someone that is running HPTuners with the LPE pump that has a properly working gauge. If they do, can they send me their tune file so i can compare. I had one other person look at my file and they said my numbers look correct, but still having gauge problems. I want to double and triple check everything so i can try and narrow down this problem.

Thanks,
Old 08-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
Correct, LPE does use different resistance values. Lingenfelter was useless. I contacted them and all they said was we only tune for EFI Live. Terrible customer service. It took days for them to just tell me that.

I have already been in contact with Bo, but he doesnt have a file off hand he can send to me.

Basically just looking for someone that is running HPTuners with the LPE pump that has a properly working gauge. If they do, can they send me their tune file so i can compare. I had one other person look at my file and they said my numbers look correct, but still having gauge problems. I want to double and triple check everything so i can try and narrow down this problem.

Thanks,
If your tuner started with a tune that already had the values installed and did not purposely change them then it is not a tune issue.

We have seen sender failures and connection problems with this system and it's installation.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
oachalon

Ted,

I believe the tuner started with the edelbrock tune, but not 100% on that.

What kind of sender failures have you seen? Have you ran across issues where it would run out of fuel with the gauge still reading very slightly less than 1/4 tank?
Old 08-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #6
13ashengrey

Drives: 2013 2SS Ashen Grey
Did you ever get the calibrations? My tuner did my dyno tune and couldn't get the values correct for the fuel gauge. He also uses hp tuner and lingenfelter told me the same thing.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #7
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
I have a properly operating fuel gauge with the LPE twin-pump installed. Shoot me your tune and I'll look it over.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote