Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #1
GSoccerCam

Drives: 2010 LS3
when they tune my car

So I'm going to get my 2012 Camaro SS L99 tuned soon and I would like to know what there tuning to make it better like I read on here that after a tune the L99 is like a whole different engine and that the factory tune for the Camaro sucks so I want to know what there changing exactly . I also want to get the AFM removed , the 4 cylinder mode.. Is this the only thing I should do? Or should i ask for something else specifically ?
GSoccerCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #2
ksmrz

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'm sure they optimize afr spark, at least pull back some of the torque management, adjust shift points, convertor lock up. Turn off afm. I'm sure there is more but that's the gist of it and it also depends what you want.
2010 2SS LS3 228/235 Cam Motion custom ground cam, AI 280cc ported heads, Dynatech 1 7/8" long tubes, catless mids, CAI intake, ATI 10% UDP, CORSA cat back, Slp 160 tstat, gm 3.91s/Tru trac, EFI LIVE tuned by myself

Last edited by ksmrz; 08-19-2015 at 02:28 AM.
ksmrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
GSoccerCam

Drives: 2010 LS3
Oh alright thanks for your input ksmrz
GSoccerCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:16 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSoccerCam View Post
So I'm going to get my 2012 Camaro SS L99 tuned soon and I would like to know what there tuning to make it better like I read on here that after a tune the L99 is like a whole different engine and that the factory tune for the Camaro sucks so I want to know what there changing exactly . I also want to get the AFM removed , the 4 cylinder mode.. Is this the only thing I should do? Or should i ask for something else specifically ?
Welcome to Camaro5, I provide remote custom tuning via the SCT X4 tuner.

There is a lot left on the table from GM on the L99 Auto trans combo.

There are over 300 changes made to the calibration to unleash the beast and or give you full access to all the power available from your combination.

Our Street package is the best bang for the buck, Cold air inductions cold air kit, Dynatech LT headers with High flow cats, SCT X4 tuner and FREE Custom tune to bring it all together for a 40 RWHP gain and 50 RWTQ gain.

Feel free to shoot me an email tedj@jannettyracing.com

Thank you
Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:35 PM   #5
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I would talk to some tuners and ask them what are some of the things they change, and why. That will give you an idea of what to expect. There is not a universal list that everybody goes off of. Not all of our cars are tuned the same.

If your close to Kentucky go see Bluecat. If your looking for a remote tune, try Matt from FSP, or Phil from Tampa Tuning.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:48 AM   #6
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Just explain to the tuner how you plan to use the car. Like, is it just a daily driver, or do you drag race, or road course it? Any info you can give him will help him set up a tune that you really like.

Of course, you want AFM deleted. One thing I mentioned was the electric cooling fans, I wanted them to come on sooner and run a little longer. Your car will be a different animal after the tune. I love mine. I went from having an automatic car that shifted slow, and struggled to break the tires loose, to a car that chirps the tires in third gear when I get on it. It's amazing what a tuner can do.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Op, I'd suggest either sending a PM to any of the good tuner vendors on this site and opening up a dialogue with them about what you're looking for, what they can offer and what, if any, future mods will be. I personally went with dynosteve at RDP Motorsport, but Ted at Jannety is top notch as well. Can't go wrong with either.

It's amazing what having a good dialogue about your goals and wants with your tuner can do. Your car will be a completely different beast.

Roto-Fab Intake
Tuned by dynosteve @ RDP
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I have an L99 tuned by dynosteve. Everything about your car's drivability will vastly improve. Dynosteve or any of the other great tuners here should be able to answer more specific questions about what they do. I'd recommend calling a couple of your favorites about dyno tunes (local) and remote options (what I did). Either way, you'll likely be very safe and happy.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:59 PM   #9
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Hi I just had my L99 tuned by Dynosteve and it is quite dramatic and fun. His service was very quick and professional. It is taking getting used to the change as it is a way different car.

I'm finding the trans tune has made the shifts really abrupt so I may have him soften mine a little but not until I give it a chance first as it takes some getting used to the car again... The car spins when shifting to 2nd even under rather moderate throttle....Spooked me a little haha... I would highly recommend him as a pro to deal with but as others have said there are some good tuners here in general it seems too.

There is no doubt about the changes in an L99 even stock from just a tune!

Last edited by qcman; 09-07-2015 at 11:31 AM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote