Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-24-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Is my accl pedal toast ?

So my car went into limp mode last night and this morning. I had to use my scanner to clear the codes and get it out of limp mode. Today my engine light is off but i still have 3 codes in the computer.

P2138
P2122
P2127

All of them being related to throttle and pedal. So i checked throttle connections on the pedal and throttle body. Removed them, cleaned with electrical contact cleaner and no avail. As long as the car drives and doesnt go into limp mode its all normal.

I did remove my vitesse throttle controller a couple of weeks ago but i dont really see how that could affect it since i havent had any problems afterwards.

Any opinions are helpful thanks
Old 08-26-2015, 04:34 AM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Have you read any of the postings on the VTC? No need for an "opinion" this issue has plagued Vitessee, call Ahmed and talk to him about it, he will help or buy it back. The controller has a money back policy.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #3
SnowyCamaro

I removed the vtc before these codes appeared. I think i may have had a bad connection since i removed and reconnectdd the pedal and reset and no codes since.

I used the vtc for like 8 months im assuming if it created the codes they would have appeared earlier, no?
Old 08-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I have never really understood the benefit to the VTC as is does not open the the throttle blade any further then the stock set up. Pumpkin will go 11.70 (Bolt On's Only) you just got to put the loud pedal on the rug and keep it there.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I have never really understood the benefit to the VTC as is does not open the the throttle blade any further then the stock set up. Pumpkin will go 11.70 (Bolt On's Only) you just got to put the loud pedal on the rug and keep it there.

What are all of pumpkin's mods to get it to that 11.70?
Old 08-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #6
SnowyCamaro

Quote:

It was pretty noticeable on my v6, its not going to make you any faster though. It just makes the car more jumpy. I found going from feather throttle to about half open was faster, it was almost like i stomped on it. But if i floor it, i don't think it's any different than stock other then those first couple of miliseconds it like to chirp the tires. I think the stock throttle settings might be better for off the line because stock seems to not let the tires go, more traction = faster accel.

I'm no expert, thats just what i felt with it. Its not the be all end all of mods. I did enjoy using it though. But i ended up liking stock settings for the type of driving i do.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:18 PM   #7
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
What are all of pumpkin's mods to get it to that 11.70?
Bogarts
Slicks
Skinnies
Vmax PTB
Rhino Ported Manifold
Rhino Tune
ACT Daul Disc
DSS Axels & DS
DSS 12 bolt & 410 gear
BMR Stuff
Extra Seats removed
Light Weight Battery
Row the gears with a MGW Shifter

Launch it with the loud pedal on the rug with a Lingenfelter 2 step at 4800 60 foot's at 1.63

Switched to a DSS 9" and hopefully put together a 456 gear set this winter and go after the fastest bolt on stick which is 11.60 flat.
Re-tune for race gas I know there is a 50 something in it.
Sea Level track.

Last edited by Merc; 08-26-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:35 PM   #8
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
I removed the vtc before these codes appeared. I think i may have had a bad connection since i removed and reconnectdd the pedal and reset and no codes since.

I used the vtc for like 8 months im assuming if it created the codes they would have appeared earlier, no?
We've seen many GM cars accelerator giving that P2138 error code with time. Take it to your dealership, they should replace it for you.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:42 PM   #9
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:

As long as you haven't tried it, you will not understand the benefit.

Yes, it's not about opening the Throttle Blade any further, it's about opening it at a faster speed !

Your Throttle Body will be fully open a lot faster with our Controller than when stock.

It will also eliminate that built-in ( Delay / Lag ) on every "Drive by Wire" car.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #10
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
What the OP describes is not terribly unusual- I've replaced quite a few of those type pedals on various GM products. Did one today... but it wasn't expensive (was out of warranty.)
If it gets intermittent, then it will fail eventually at the worst/most inconvenient time.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #11
1KillerSS

For the price, its a great mod. I really dont understand why so many hate on it. It works. Some people have issues with codes, some of them go away, and some dont. I like having the ability to soften my pedal when it rains. Since installing my turbos, I dont use it anymore and have since sold it for cash to fund my engine rebuild. I will be buying another soon.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 09-02-2015, 08:19 AM   #12
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post

Yes, it's not about opening the Throttle Blade any further, it's about opening it at a faster speed !

Your Throttle Body will be fully open a lot faster with our Controller than when stock.

It will also eliminate that built-in ( Delay / Lag ) on every "Drive by Wire" car.
I understand how it works, but it would make no difference for me ET wise cause I'm already at WOT on the 2-step when I launch Pumpkin.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #13
1KillerSS

Quote:
I understand how it works, but it would make no difference for me ET wise cause I'm already at WOT on the 2-step when I launch Pumpkin.

Actually if you have disabled your ETC then your 100 percent correct, it wont benefit you one bit. However if your still using the ETC part of your tune, then when you flat foot shift the controller will help snap that throttle quicker between your shifts.

Build thread
Old 09-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #14
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
For the price, its a great mod. I really dont understand why so many hate on it. It works. Some people have issues with codes, some of them go away, and some dont. I like having the ability to soften my pedal when it rains. Since installing my turbos, I dont use it anymore and have since sold it for cash to fund my engine rebuild. I will be buying another soon.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote