Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-30-2015, 10:50 AM   #29
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Yes I have driven in both, S mode feels a bit quicker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
How do I put this in manual mode with the paddles? Maybe it will feel better that way. When I got it from the dealer it felt faster. Maybe because it was my first time, idk....

"S" IS the manual mode. Then, use the paddles. Maybe that has been the issue, you're putting it into "S" and then not manually shifting with the paddles..?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:31 AM   #30
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
My car didn't wake up until around 6000 miles I'm convinced there is something in the vehicles programming to keep it tame early on. That said it is a lazy mofo and it won't drop a gear unless you hammer the throttle....it needs to step down a fear under moderate throttle so it doesn't feel so lumbering.

I currently use a Range which is a great investment. I'll be selling it soon as I just ordered a Tune from DynoSteve for my stock L99. Sure a couple mods like a CAI would be better but I just want to wake up the stock car to what it should be already.

On an unrelated note DynoSteve told me and I quote "Yes you can reload the stock tune at any time and with the sct it wont record a flash count" so I'm not sure if this is correct or not but they are his words.... So it may be useful info for others debating to tune or not....

Last edited by qcman; 08-30-2015 at 11:42 AM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #31
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
The beauty of the Range is that it does what it says, removes AFM and improves response. The beauty of waiting 1000-2500 miles for your Camaro to wake up is that one day, when you least expect it, you will step on the gas, your wheels will break free, and you're gonna be partially sideways for a second.

Be prepared.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:04 PM   #32
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Are you in S or D? That's important. Also, a tune is truly super important on the 6L80E. It's a good transmission, just not with the stock tune lol.
Bingo a tune especially a transmission tune wakes it up.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #33
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botrod View Post
I was really bothered by the lag at take off and installed a CAI and ported throttle body which seemed to help some but still unhappy. Then I installed the vitesse throttle controller and was much happier. However it all most seems like the car has adjusted to it and hesitates again.

Will the range device solve this problem as well?
What you guys are describing is exactly why we've created the Vitesse Throttle Controller

The built in delay on every "Drive by Wire" car is there for many reasons:

Makes the car a lot safer and more predictable for everyday driving under different conditions: Not everyone will be able to handle a 400+ hp rear wheel drive without spinning or going sideways if it did not have that Delay / Lag built in your accelerator.

Our Controller allows you to eliminate that delay and increase the response to your preference at the touch of a button with the wired remote.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #34
Botrod

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange SS Vert
Does the car adjust over time to the controller? My lag was gone but now is back. Should I try to recalibrate it?
Botrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #35
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botrod View Post
Does the car adjust over time to the controller? My lag was gone but now is back. Should I try to recalibrate it?
No it does not adjust but you can re-calibrate it and see if you can feel any difference.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote