Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest > Local Marketplace

Old 01-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #15
jesuslperez66

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Don’t see the radiator price interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jesuslperez66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #16
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuslperez66 View Post
Don’t see the radiator price interested

PM sent
Old 01-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #17
rviper24

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 6-Speed
Pm sent

2013 Camaro 1SS 6-Speed LS3
All stock.. For now...
rviper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #18
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Kinda curious if you have any input on the expected longevity of the DSSV (in reference to the 7 track day set of DSSV)? Also you picture the full spring/shock combo, is that what you're selling?

I'm thinking of going a different direction when I upgrade suspension but DSSV still intrigues me.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #19
clarkkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
Kinda curious if you have any input on the expected longevity of the DSSV (in reference to the 7 track day set of DSSV)? Also you picture the full spring/shock combo, is that what you're selling?

I'm thinking of going a different direction when I upgrade suspension but DSSV still intrigues me.
That's a good question regarding longevity, x25 used the set for 5 of those track days, and I used them for 2. I'm not sure what they're "rated" for, I would hope a lot of track time since they come on the Z28. We didn't run them enough to really get to it. Might be worth doing some research in the Z28 section. There are a few guys running the DSSV's for more track sessions than us, hopefully they could answer that.

Yes, it is the full spring/shock combo
Old 01-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #20
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
That's a good question regarding longevity, x25 used the set for 5 of those track days, and I used them for 2. I'm not sure what they're "rated" for, I would hope a lot of track time since they come on the Z28. We didn't run them enough to really get to it. Might be worth doing some research in the Z28 section. There are a few guys running the DSSV's for more track sessions than us, hopefully they could answer that.

Since they are OEM quality, you can expect them to last a long time.

Last edited by cdb95z28; 01-21-2018 at 10:57 AM.
cdb95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #21
bkevind

Quote:

Yeah I would hope so as well, and the DSSV tech supposedly does not need to be rebuilt. But something has to wear down or need service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Since they are OEM quality, you can expect them to last a long time.
I get what you're saying, but "OEM quality" in regards to suspension doesn't give me any confidence I've replaced the OEM suspension on every fun car I've had so far, except for the 1LE. Weakest point to me on my 1LE is the brakes, and the posi diff.

Thankfully in this case, DSSV is much better than your usual OEM quality suspension.

In general, track miles are exponentially harder on the whole car than typical street miles, especially suspension. I'm sure the used set of DSSV's are good to go, I think the question of "for how long?" is just not really known. I haven't found any reports of them blowing seals or needing replacement which is a good sign.

As compared to....well nothing for the asking price for this set of used DSSV suspension can come close. 900 for the used set, and 1500 for the new set are both fantastic deals for what you get.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:51 AM   #22
clarkkent

Quote:
I get what you're saying, but "OEM quality" in regards to suspension doesn't give me any confidence I've replaced the OEM suspension on every fun car I've had so far, except for the 1LE. Weakest point to me on my 1LE is the brakes, and the posi diff.

Thankfully in this case, DSSV is much better than your usual OEM quality suspension.

In general, track miles are exponentially harder on the whole car than typical street miles, especially suspension. I'm sure the used set of DSSV's are good to go, I think the question of "for how long?" is just not really known. I haven't found any reports of them blowing seals or needing replacement which is a good sign.

As compared to....well nothing for the asking price for this set of used DSSV suspension can come close. 900 for the used set, and 1500 for the new set are both fantastic deals for what you get.
Thanks for the response, agreed on all counts
Old 01-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #23
bkevind

Quote:
Thanks for the response, agreed on all counts
Lol. yeah I didn't mean to come off as advertising your parts

Just a stream of conscience, my thoughts. I left out the part that the reason I haven't bought your $900 set is because I intend to go with Ohlins for a number of reasons - but the main reason vs DSSV is more compliance with their DFV. My back road driving and tracks here in Texas are rather bumpy, and that's what the DFV is all about.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #24
clarkkent

Quote:
Lol. yeah I didn't mean to come off as advertising your parts

Just a stream of conscience, my thoughts. I left out the part that the reason I haven't bought your $900 set is because I intend to go with Ohlins for a number of reasons - but the main reason vs DSSV is more compliance with their DFV. My back road driving and tracks here in Texas are rather bumpy, and that's what the DFV is all about.
Haha no worries. Yeah the Ohlins DFV is an awesome system. And the DSSV are of course non-adjustable, so they're pretty harsh all the time. For the track they work awesome, but they were a little rough on the street. Not terrible, but it's not a Cadillac either
Old 01-30-2018, 09:12 PM   #25
silver.ice18

Drives: 2014 2LS
how much to ship the magnaflow x-pipe to 37087?
silver.ice18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:31 PM   #26
jesuslperez66

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
350 for radiator

jesuslperez66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:07 AM   #27
Late Camaro

Drives: 15 BVM 2SS/RS 1LE NPP
Interested in the drivers Recaro - does it have any flaws or damage?
Late Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:28 PM   #28
MyRallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow SS
Do you still have the kooks cats??
MyRallySS is offline   Reply With Quote