Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #29
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
The resonated x pipe is also for rasp though...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #30
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
What's your current setup?
dynomax ultra flow axle back. part number 39493. and a CAI
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
I killed the drone. I did not use an x-pipe..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=helmoltz
This is definitely the best way to kill drone if your setup allows for it and won't tame your exhaust note like the resonated X will.

But depending on the exhaust sound you are going after, the resonated X may still be necessary to get rid of rasp, and usually having it is a very good addition.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #32
Pjharris

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro lt rs
2014 camaro rs

I have a 2014 camaro rs with dual 40 series flowmaster looking for a louder sound will a resonator delete make it sound louder and will I get a lot of drone noises
Pjharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:37 PM   #33
simon777

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjharris View Post
I have a 2014 camaro rs with dual 40 series flowmaster looking for a louder sound will a resonator delete make it sound louder and will I get a lot of drone noises
If you want louder, you should get downpipes. Resonator delete doesn’t make the exhaust that much louder in my experience.

American Racing Headers makes a quality affordable set for a 2014.

That said, I wouldn’t recommended just getting the downpipes. Makes things very raspy. You’ll need to couple it with some sort of resonated x pipe/h pipe/equivalent to tone down the rasp.

My setup is arh downpipes, magnaflow 11386 resonated x pipe, LM2 axle back with j pipes on a 2015 lfx.

J pipes eliminated the drone at the rpm range that annoyed me most and I think overall my setup sounds good, no rasp. If anything might be a bit too quiet for some which I could swap out the magnaflow muffler to a louder muffler, but I’m afraid of it being too raspy with the increase in volume.

You’re always trading one thing for another with exhaust components. The LFX exhaust note is easy to mess up and make it sound rice so keep that in mind and thoroughly research parts before making the jump.

If you do get downpipes, you can sell the catalytic converters for scrap to a metal salvage yard to help offset the cost. I got $100 for mine.

Last edited by simon777; 08-05-2019 at 05:49 PM.
simon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #34
dtek

Drives: 2012 1lt
Resonator Delete Question

Here’s a video of my car which has a muffler delete, resonator delete, (both muffler and resonator replaced with straight pipe) and non resonated x-pipe (replaced stock H pipe).

LINK: https://www.instagram.com/p/B09cfO6n...id=1arjztlasum

Listen to the revs and also the idle at the end. I also have the OverKill 93 octane tune so my revs go to 6k while in park.
• Overkill 80mm TB
• JacFab Extendolator
• JacFab LaminatorFX
• OverKill 93 Octane Tune
dtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:11 PM   #35
dtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon777 View Post
If you want louder, you should get downpipes. Resonator delete doesn’t make the exhaust that much louder in my experience.

American Racing Headers makes a quality affordable set for a 2014.

That said, I wouldn’t recommended just getting the downpipes. Makes things very raspy. You’ll need to couple it with some sort of resonated x pipe/h pipe/equivalent to tone down the rasp.

My setup is arh downpipes, magnaflow 11386 resonated x pipe, LM2 axle back with j pipes on a 2015 lfx.

J pipes eliminated the drone at the rpm range that annoyed me most and I think overall my setup sounds good, no rasp. If anything might be a bit too quiet for some which I could swap out the magnaflow muffler to a louder muffler, but I’m afraid of it being too raspy with the increase in volume.

You’re always trading one thing for another with exhaust components. The LFX exhaust note is easy to mess up and make it sound rice so keep that in mind and thoroughly research parts before making the jump.

If you do get downpipes, you can sell the catalytic converters for scrap to a metal salvage yard to help offset the cost. I got $100 for mine.

I thought you couldn’t change the heads on the LFX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
• Overkill 80mm TB
• JacFab Extendolator
• JacFab LaminatorFX
Old 08-21-2019, 03:49 PM   #36
DSX_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtek View Post
I thought you couldn’t change the heads on the LFX?

What do you mean? ARH makes a set of downpipes for the LFX.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 08-21-2019, 05:16 PM   #37
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
the magnaflow cat back has a resonator/x pipe and i don't think it's raspy or has drone.
part #11386 from magnaglow
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #38
dtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
What do you mean? ARH makes a set of downpipes for the LFX.

I could’ve sworn I’ve read somewhere that the LFX has integrated headers and cannot be change however that works

• Overkill 80mm TB
• JacFab Extendolator
• JacFab LaminatorFX
Old 08-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #39
dtek

Quote:
Here’s a video of my car which has a muffler delete, resonator delete, (both muffler and resonator replaced with straight pipe) and non resonated x-pipe (replaced stock H pipe).

LINK: https://www.instagram.com/p/B09cfO6n...id=1arjztlasum

Listen to the revs and also the idle at the end. I also have the OverKill 93 octane tune so my revs go to 6k while in park.

Also I paid $300 even for the x-pipe, pipe to fill in the gaps, bend the pipe, resonator delete, and 4” tips, plus welding it all up

• Overkill 80mm TB
• JacFab Extendolator
• JacFab LaminatorFX
Old 08-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #40
DSX_Camaro

Quote:
I could’ve sworn I’ve read somewhere that the LFX has integrated headers and cannot be change however that works

It does. It also has downpipes because you have to connect the exhaust somehow. Lol.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:51 PM   #41
dtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
It does. It also has downpipes because you have to connect the exhaust somehow. Lol.

Ohh I see now

• Overkill 80mm TB
• JacFab Extendolator
• JacFab LaminatorFX