Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-13-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 L99 2SS
2010-2014 Scosche 2.0 dash kit wiring

Since the instructions that come with this kit only cover 3/4 of the wiring I decided to start this thread in the hope that between all of us we can put together a correct list of connections.

Anyone that has completed this install should be able to help out here so please let us know what wire goes where as there are a couple of colours that don’t match up and a few more that don’t get mentioned in the instructions.

Added Aug 21st.... So with my install I just connected the like coloured wires on the Scosche loom to the wires on the Kenwood loom, except the Pink wire. You need them all connected for all finction to work. All in all pretty straight forward in spite of the very vague instructions from Scosche.

The speaker wires are straight forward:

White = LF+
White/Black = LF-
Grey = RF+
Grey/Black. = RF-
Green. = LR+
Green/Black. = LR-
Violet. = RR+
Viilot/Black. = RR-

Power:
Yellow. = 12 volts constant
Black. = Chassis Ground

Blue/White. = 12 volts + to Amp Remote
Red. = 12 volts Switched via ignition switch.

Pink. = Speed Pulse VSS. This is very rarely connected in 99% of installs.
Light Green. = Park Brake Trigger. Only allows DVD operation when vehicle stopped with hand brake on. You also need this wire connected so you can adjust the camera guide lines.
Violet/White. = Reverse trigger (12 volts + when in reverse).

Blue. = Antenna amplifier. I also used this wire to power the cameras. Works fine for me.
Orange. = Dimmer

So that leaves this one which not even Scosche knows what it’s for!

Yellow/Black. = NOT USED.

Now down the loom a bit there are 3 wires with straight joiner terminals on them and a fat black one:

Black. = ?? (Labeled -SWC GND). Most likely for an aftermarket SWCModule

Brown. = (Labeled -SWC KEY 1). To Kenwood Lt Blu/Yel SWC wire

Grey. = ?? (Labeled -SWC KEY 2). Most likely for an aftermarket SWCModule
Black. = 3.5mm Jack Lead for SWC on non-Kenwood Head Units.

And lastly the wire on the antenna adapter

Blue. = Wire to the other Blue wires in both the HU and Scosche looms.

So there we are. Anything else anyone can add to help get these kits in and fully functional please post. I’ll edit this post so all the wiring connections are in one place and easy to find.

Install completed. See posts 54 on.
If anyone else is considering this please contact me and I’ll help as much as possible.

Last edited by mchaggis; 08-21-2018 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Corrected info regarding the Blue wire
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #2
mchaggis

I guess everyone is out driving around in the great weather you're having over there??
Surely someone can offer some help?
Scosche are worse than useless at responding to messages.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
Since the instructions that come with this kit only cover 3/4 of the wiring I decided to start this thread in the hope that between all of us we can put together a correct list of connections.

Anyone that has completed this install should be able to help out here so please let us know what wire goes where as there are a couple of colours that don’t match up and a few more that don’t get mentioned in the instructions.

The speaker wires are straight forward:

White = LF+
White/Black = LF-
Grey = RF+
Grey/Black. = RF-
Green. = LR+
Green/Black. = LR-
Violet. = RR+
Viilot/Black. = RR-

Power:
Yellow. = 12 volts constant
Black. = Chassis Ground

Blue/White. = 12 volts + to Amp Remote
Red. = 12 volts + Accessory 3amps max

Pink. = Speed Pulse VSS
Light Green. = Park Brake Trigger what does this actually do?
Allows you to play DVD only when the parking brake is on. Head units capable of playing DVD's have a wire that goes to this wire for safety reasons although it can be bypassed.
Violet/White. = Park Brake (12 volts + when in reverse) why not call it reverse trigger?
I'm sure a backup camera has a wire that hooks up to this wire which tells the unit to turn on the camera function.
So that leaves the following which are vague

Blue. = ???
Read my comment for the blue below.
Orange. = ???
Is this solid Orange or stripped? I think this wire connects to the "Illumination" wire on your head unit. It dims the unit when you dim your dash lights.
Yellow/Black. = ?? Maybe accessory 12 volts -???
Are you sure this is Yel/Blk? Could it be Yel/Blu by any chance because if it is, that's the wire for the Kenwood SWC.

Now down the loom a bit there are 3 wires with straight joiner terminals on them and a fat black one:

Black. = ?? (Labeled -SWC GND)
Brown. = ?? (Labeled -SWC KEY 1)
Grey. = ?? (Labeled -SWC KEY 2)
If you have an off brand head unit or one that this kit does not support, you will have to buy a universal SWC switch. These wires go to that switch.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...140965992.html

Black. = 3.5mm Jack Lead for SWC on non-Kenwood Head Units.

So I guess these ones above are for the steering wheel control for a Kenwood but how and where are the wired?
PDF in post 15:
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=224769&page=2

And lastly the wire on the antenna adapter

Blue = ???
Antenna amplifier remote
So there we are. Anything else anyone can add to help get these kits in and fully functional please post. I’ll edit this post so all the wiring connections are in one place and easy to find.
Check it out and let us know.

Last edited by oslouie; 07-16-2018 at 08:28 PM.
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #4
oslouie

There are some answers in this thread:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...ht=scosche+2.0
Old 07-17-2018, 05:00 AM   #5
mchaggis

Thanks for your replies.
So the blue from the loom goes to the blue from the antenna adapter?
It’s solid orange. Most likely the dimmer wire. Good call.
I’m colour blind but I’m sure it’s yellow/black.

The post you directed me to indicates this yel/blk could be the accessory 12v- ??
That post also says the brown SWC KEY1 is for the Kenwood SWC. Can anyone confirm this?
Still nothing from Scosche.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:08 PM   #6
oslouie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
Thanks for your replies.
So the blue from the loom goes to the blue from the antenna adapter?
I wouldn't connect them together unless one is a male and the other is a female terminal and they actually plug together.
It’s solid orange. Most likely the dimmer wire. Good call.
I’m colour blind but I’m sure it’s yellow/black.
You are correct, it is Yel/Blk.
The post you directed me to indicates this yel/blk could be the accessory 12v- ??
Not sure on this one. A 12 volt - would be ground? Confusing.
That post also says the brown SWC KEY1 is for the Kenwood SWC. Can anyone confirm this?
This is definitely possible. Each of those wires connect to wires on a universal SWC switch. It is possible that if installing a Kenwood unit, you only need to hook up one of those wires.
Still nothing from Scosche.
I had the first version of the kit which I never ended up using so I sold it to a member on here a few weeks back. My girl didn't like the idea that I wasn't going to continue my audio project so she bought me one of these kits to continue with my original plan I had set years ago. The head unit I was going to use is a Kenwood in dash DVD. I won't know what and where any of those wires on the harness goes until I get in to it which might be the fall or spring...same plans I had every other year. For now, I'm just basing a lot of my information from research and logic from many years of car audio experience.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:09 PM   #7
mchaggis

Thanks man. I hope to start my install in a week or two. Once I get my dash kit glued back together.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:52 AM   #8
ZL1blue

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Be careful of the hazzard switch harness where it connects to the scosche cover, that piece is very fragile and if you force things too much it easily breaks.
Attached Images

Tint, wheels, Michelin PSS, Kook LT headers, HF cats, 1050injectors, 5% pulley, Mcleod 1000hp clutch, 160 thermostat, spark plugs and cables, Eibach springs, hurst shifter, CAI, Anderson carbon hood, carbon rockers, front and rear carbon valence, carbon spoiler, Oracle side markers and side mirrors, stainless door kicks, carbon strut tower brace, carbon supercharger cover, southern car parts engine bay kit, seperate clutch reservoir, kenwood DDX990 4s with appple car play.
ZL1blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
mchaggis

Thanks for the tip. I see you have a Kenwood Installed. My harness doesn’t have the Lt. Blu/Yel for the Kenwood SWC. What wire did you use?
Old 07-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #10
mchaggis

I rang Scosche this morning (NZ time) and got some answers. I have edited post 1 above.
Have most of it sorted now but even the tech guy had no idea what the Yel/Blk wire is for.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #11
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
So I got my kit all wired up and ready to go, but no sound from any of the speakers. Anyone have any ideas? I haved ohmed out the Scosche harness with my HU plugs soldered in, and everything is checking out fine.

This kit just came straight from Scosche, so I would like to assume firmware is up to date.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #12
oslouie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy87 View Post
So I got my kit all wired up and ready to go, but no sound from any of the speakers. Anyone have any ideas? I haved ohmed out the Scosche harness with my HU plugs soldered in, and everything is checking out fine.

This kit just came straight from Scosche, so I would like to assume firmware is up to date.
Sounds like a setting issue. Maybe the head unit is in demo mode?
Old 07-22-2018, 08:12 PM   #13
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Not sure why it would be though, I had the same HU hooked up to the old style Scosche kit and was working, but kept having issues with the kit itself, so sent it in to Scosche and they sent the newer 2.0 kit, as other was deemed defective. Kinda sucks cause I like the looks of the older kit better.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:47 PM   #14
oslouie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy87 View Post
Not sure why it would be though, I had the same HU hooked up to the old style Scosche kit and was working, but kept having issues with the kit itself, so sent it in to Scosche and they sent the newer 2.0 kit, as other was deemed defective. Kinda sucks cause I like the looks of the older kit better.
Sorry, I meant the dash kit be in demo mode, if there is one. I remember reading something like this about the first version.