Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-01-2016, 04:53 PM   #211
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The Mustang EB4 has also shown itself as besting the V6 Camaro in some tests as well, C&D June 16 issue.
I'd like to see if some numbers were fudged.. Incorrectly placed. Just odd for the Camaro to trap 99 and ecoboost 103.. Most of the tests I've seen for Mustang has it below 100 and even the ATS was trapping over.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #212
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I'd like to see if some numbers were fudged.. Incorrectly placed. Just odd for the Camaro to trap 99 and ecoboost 103.. Most of the tests I've seen for Mustang has it below 100 and even the ATS was trapping over.
didn't the EB get an upgraded turbo after the first year of production?
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #213
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCruisin View Post
didn't the EB get an upgraded turbo after the first year of production?
I'm not aware of any upgrades to the Mustang... I believe the Focus RS got it with an updated turbo.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #214
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
EB has marketing behind it that has given the perception of it being premium.
It is also the only way to get all the nice options and features. That has more pull with buyers than the EB name...especially when it was in the news for sometime with customer complaints on lackluster fuel economy. I believe the packaging is key to it's success in the Mustang.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:01 PM   #215
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
The times match very closely though from all the reviews of the EB M6. So it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary in terms of ET. It's definitely a drivers race (under 2 tenths) between both M6s. Now an LGX with A8 vs EB A6 would be an interesting match up.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #216
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
The times match very closely though from all the reviews of the EB M6. So it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary in terms of ET. It's definitely a drivers race (under 2 tenths) between both M6s. Now an LGX with A8 vs EB A6 would be an interesting match up.
Just checked.. It definitely has about the same trap speed as the 2015 Car and Driver tested which was 102.. The manual 2016 MT tested hit 98 mph in the 1/4. The 2015 Motor Trend tested with auto was just under 98. Car and Driver also trapped 98 with 2015 automatic ecoboost. Edmunds hit 96.7 mph with the 2015 ecoboost manual.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #217
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanSuper View Post
Which still costs money and is still an advertisement though.
Yes it costs money to place your product. Doesn't make it advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Everyone is so serious around here.

I think i made my point. You can argue semantics all you want but gen 5 had huge exposure with those movies.
Not arguing semantics or politeness.

What exactly did we learn about a Camaro from this product placement? That it can turn into a robot from another planet?

Don't get me wrong, I drove Fbodfather's yellow CTF SS on Daytona beach back before the car was even launched. The number of little kids yelling "look! bumble bee". Was amazing. But didn't hear any adults yelling "wow a 2010 SS with the RS package and the awesome LS3 engine from the Corvette"

Yes, it created awareness, but we learned next to nothing about the car from the movies.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #218
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Another aspect to consider besides the apparent lack of any promotion by GM is that some would rather wait and make a purchase by the second season of a new gen's run to allow those little annoying issues to be identified and corrected. I would figure this could account for a small percentage of the community.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #219
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
You are right about salesman, but they also always upsale. So at the same dealership if someone ask about a V6 Mustang, the salesman is going to talk about how the V6 has less power, less fuel efficiency, and doesn't have all the nice features you can get with the EB. So you aren't really making any point, because what would the customer think (who was talked out of a T4 LT Camaro) into a V6, then only to have the same points used to sell him a EB? I know you are trying to make a point about the LT and Mustang pricing not be apples to apples, but any argument about T4 vs V6 can be countered by what the other side does.

That would be fair, if the EB wasn't actually rated higher in HP. HP is something even the "first time buyer" understands.
Go re-read what I wrote. Yes, first time buyers understand horsepower. But more important to the PRICE CONSCIOUS (and that is the category I was addressing) IS COST - they do not care nearly as much about horsepower as they do PRICE.

Any other category of buyers - and there are many - balance the other factors including HP.

And I also said both sides of engine types can be argued - until it is a buyer looking for low initial cost.

Thank you.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:33 PM   #220
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
The fact is that the Camaro will continue to struggle until rebates and marketing strategy change on it.

They are relying on "us" to sell the product more so than the product sell itself.

When you have to swap power trains to compare between your competitors (v6 to EB), explain why they are about 3-4K difference in price up front, get past styling that is nothing more than a revamp; it becomes hard to move the product.

Do I have a problem with it? A little, more so because I'm rooting on the Camaros success.

It's not going to happen this generation without a quick refresh that even the. Won't take care of some of the issue that the general public have.

This past month was slow in general for a lot of brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #221
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Why does it matter? Are you worried that Dodge or Ford will outsell GM? That the Challenger or Mustang will outsell the Camaro? So what! It's called freedom of choice. The Camaro is not all things to all people. It is what it is. I don't believe that price is the only factor keeping the masses from buying the new Camaro. In any case, why does it matter? Relax and enjoy your new Camaro, or not. I personally love my new 2SS Camaro and don't fuc**** care if it's outsold by another brand.

By the way stat guy, why not show the breakdown of Fords or Fiats over the same period. I'll bet they are having up and down months.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #222

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Regarding the "base" models....This gen there is no "LS" version.....Perhaps this shows an intent to go up-market/up-price.....Maybe if those would have been built they would look more comparable to lower priced Mustangs....

...Also I believe they just went to a third full shift at the Camaro/Cadillac plant..(?)...Don't think they would do that if sales were unacceptable...

It would be nice to see Camaro be ahead. But as far as we know that's just about a popularity contest.....Sales being "in trouble" is something we can only guess about....

I say it's still too early to throw in the towel and declare the 6th Gen a "failure"....

Maybe some folks here are more concerned about sales than Chevy....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #223
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Why does it matter? Are you worried that Dodge or Ford will outsell GM? That the Challenger or Mustang will outsell the Camaro? So what! It's called freedom of choice. The Camaro is not all things to all people. It is what it is. I don't believe that price is the only factor keeping the masses from buying the new Camaro. In any case, why does it matter? Relax and enjoy your new Camaro, or not. I personally love my new 2SS Camaro and don't fuc**** care if it's outsold by another brand.

By the way stat guy, why not show the breakdown of Fords or Fiats over the same period. I'll bet they are having up and down months.
Those of us who want the Camaro to continue and not end up like the 4th gen care. The media cares. If the 6th gen sales tank, justifying a 7th gen becomes more difficult.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:07 PM   #224
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
Those of us who want the Camaro to continue and not end up like the 4th gen care. The media cares. If the 6th gen sales tank, justifying a 7th gen becomes more difficult.
Honestly as long as Caddy is trying to compete with the Mercedes and BMW sporty coupes and sedans there will be a platform to build the Camaro on.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote