Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #379
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
brutal post ? meaning?

Dodge Challenger RT from Car and Driver test last year:
5.1 seconds 0-60
1/4 mile 13.7 and 103mph Base Price 32K
observed fuel economy....14mpg
Camaro V6 test from Car and Driver this year :
0-60 5.4 seconds. 1/4 mile 14.1 and 100mph Base price 28K
observed fuel economy...17mpg
Thanks for sharing, don't know what i would have done.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #380
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Oh wow! I thought we were having an earthquake but the unimaginable had happened... I changed Number 3's mind! Now I not only believe in miracles, but I feel younger and more alive!!!

Well since I'm assuming you still have influence with GM management, get them to read and consider the discussions we've had. They can start with a 3d computer model if they just want to gauge interest since the main feature of this car would be the looks. What's under the skin will basically be from the parts bin so there's no need to spend a lot of R&D money there. Make it look like something somebody wants to be seen standing in front of when they take their selfie. It's all about the looks; that's what will get their attention, that's what will get them into the showrooms, and that's what will make it sell. You'll know you've hit it out of the park when you have people in the showroom taking selfies with it.
Oh I lost that years ago. Haven't been there for almost 5 years.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #381
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
actually what I think the problems are number one customer service dealer awareness of the product * i have visited almost ten total on both coasts. In huge markets like LA they are not advertising the 6th gen , the 5th gens are still in the front the salesman pushes them still. Lastly there ad campaign has no edge its lame , show us what the car is deadly mean and will rip up the mustang.
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #382
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

i actually noticed the dealer closest to me a couple weeks ago, they have pictures of the different models in the window facing the street.
They still have a picture of the 2015 Camaro up.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:42 PM   #383
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
A lot of people thing the gen6 is ugly, so maybe that is affecting the sales numbers. Its a good possibility.
It is tough to call this car ugly, especially when you look at everything else on the road. Calling the new Camaro ugly is like calling Kate Beckinsale ugly.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:56 PM   #384
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

it's styled like a Camaro, so if they don't like it they don't like Camaros
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2016, 06:00 PM   #385
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
Your point about Corvette sales are true, but the prior generation of the Corvette sold less than 20k units per year, so 30k units per year is a huge increase for that model.

The Camaro is on pace for its worst sales year since returning.
So you believe that the only reason for the Camaro's low volume is price? How much should Chevrolet sell a fully-loaded Camaro 2SS for? Would you then buy it or continue to complain that the price was still too high?
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #386
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
IMHO there are a couple things that may get people thinking twice on the Camaro. One I feel is a big one. You can't get a SS with all season tires. More then half the country is in cold or snowy weather, so not getting that option is a turn off. Another, all are run flat cars with no spare. Many just don't like the idea of being stranded without a backup. Yes you can run on run flat tires, but most don't believe it. Mustang you can get all season in a GT and spares. So for many this is piece of mind. Cost is another. The mustang has had rebates and 0% interest many times, but the Camaro offers no incentives.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:18 PM   #387
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
5th gen sales slid down every year from 2011 other than the 2014 refresh year. The 6th Gen - to most people - is a very close resemblance to the 5th gen.

6th gen sales are dismal; May is horrible.

And there are some who do not think it's the styling?

It is. But I love the car.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD

Last edited by Raven87; 06-02-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:24 PM   #388
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Agree. I traded a 13 ZL1 and feel the 2SS is a better car in every way with a MSRP that is ~$10k less. The ZL1 was more of a beast once it got rolling but the refinement, agility and speed of the 2SS is absolutely amazing. The car is a true value for what I got (MRC, A8, NPP, etc.) but understand many can't afford a car at this level. When I was in my 20s or 30s, I couldn't have afforded it either but would have snagged used.

It is that good and I feel wrapped in luxury driving it.
Same here. I have a loaded up 2SS like you and it is a great car. I understand the cost issues. To get the car loaded up the way most want it you are going to be over 40k with taxes and fees. The lease payment is $500-$600 so that ends that for a lot of folks. So, if you want to buy it you need about 10k down and 72 month loan to get a low to mid $500 monthly note. Not cheap, however, how much more is it than the Mustang or Challenger gonna be once you run the numbers? Is it $50 more per month? If so, and you love the Camaro over the others then make a sacrifice and give up the $6 Starbucks twice week and you have your $50 back each month. I am just making an example but the point is most folks can find the extra money to pay the difference if they really wanted.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #389
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
I have to think it's:
1.) Great models coming out in 2017 with some wicked Camaro types to choose from
2.) Price

For me I love my 5th Gen but cannot lie and say I am not salivating over the new engines and performance. My major issue is price. A 2SS with what I would want on it is at the $50,000 mark. The new ZL-1 and Z/28 cars may well be 80k cars and the 1LE may be $53-57K (I am guessing, I have no idea). This is simply too much for a car of this type and I can't do it, not financially, on principle.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:51 PM   #390
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
While i cant argue your point about it possibly hurting sales, I can argue all the issues. There are ALOT. Oil pickup, broken toe links, bad paint, broken NPP,noisy rear ends, headliners peeling back, usb connectors bad, seat recliners stuck, trunk alignment/ chipped paint, rattles in interior.......DO i need to go on??? Thats alot as far as I am concened.
It is a car problem to a degree, as stated above. Plus every print review bashes the visibility, and the styling missed a little. Then price it wrong = problems.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:43 PM   #391
agl_bst

Drives: 2017 1LE
I think it is simply because the redesign of Mustang came to market first. It was a radical change, its definitely different from the previous gen Mustang and Camaro, while all of us here like the new styling, myself included, isnt different enough to the average person. We all did it, when the first photos and videos of that reveal came out, we all said it looked like the 5th gen. It does. A lot. To the average consumer its just another year for Camaro while Mustang is new and looks fast. If you don't follow Camaro or cars, then you wouldnt know its new.
agl_bst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:53 PM   #392
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by agl_bst View Post
I think it is simply because the redesign of Mustang came to market first. It was a radical change, its definitely different from the previous gen Mustang and Camaro, while all of us here like the new styling, myself included, isnt different enough to the average person. We all did it, when the first photos and videos of that reveal came out, we all said it looked like the 5th gen. It does. A lot. To the average consumer its just another year for Camaro while Mustang is new and looks fast. If you don't follow Camaro or cars, then you wouldnt know its new.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote