Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-03-2021, 08:18 AM   #15
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
One piece roof is a fiberglass piece that basically is the entire front/roof/back. Instead of the membrane roof which is front, sides, back walls then a membrane roof.

as for the sests in the big horn, i beleive they are Katskinz (sp?) I have not had a personal experience with them, but the folks on the "other forum" i know that have them, love them.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #16
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I've driven trucks for about 11 years now as a DD with a variety of engines. Of course they were all Fords, but here's my opinion. Ecoboost tows well, but I was never a fan. I liked my 5.4L V8, but the 5.0L kicks it's butt. The 6.7L power stroke will haul everything you ever wanted to, but the ride is kind of rough. My current truck is a 2020 F-150 power stroke (yes half ton diesel) and I really like it. I tired my Camaro on a uhaul trailer from St. Louis to Nashville and it did really well plus I got 18+ mpg while doing so. My big power stroke never got that kind of mileage. The only drawback is nobody outside of the dealer seems to have 5W30 diesel engine oil. I hope this helps.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:33 AM   #17
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I've driven trucks for about 11 years now as a DD with a variety of engines. Of course they were all Fords, but here's my opinion. Ecoboost tows well, but I was never a fan. I liked my 5.4L V8, but the 5.0L kicks it's butt. The 6.7L power stroke will haul everything you ever wanted to, but the ride is kind of rough. My current truck is a 2020 F-150 power stroke (yes half ton diesel) and I really like it. I tired my Camaro on a uhaul trailer from St. Louis to Nashville and it did really well plus I got 18+ mpg while doing so. My big power stroke never got that kind of mileage. The only drawback is nobody outside of the dealer seems to have 5W30 diesel engine oil. I hope this helps.
What is the payload rating on your 2020? From the door sticker not a website.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:38 PM   #18
reddreaver

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Coupe
2012 Ford F-150 is my first truck and I still have it today. I use it for off-road and winter driving. I recently installed new mud tires and wheels after months of being idle. I'm planning to take it for overlanding by next month. I already made a couple of off-road mods to it throughout the years.
reddreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:13 AM   #19
iredlere

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT Coupe
Depends on your preference but if I will decide, I'd go for a full-sized truck.
iredlere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:41 PM   #20
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Don't buy a Colorado for towing. Do what farmer said and pick out your trailer first though. I've had more than one customer buy the truck first only to find out that it wasn't enough to tow the trailer they ended up with.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #21
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
^^

But I would also point out.. you should have bought a truck at the end of the year. Right now there are few trucks and fewer deals due to the computer chip shortage.

Test drive both, see what you think. I did. And the Silverado Trailboss with the 6.2L was so much more truck for roughly the same price as an equivalent ZR2 Colorado.

More room, more power, the same or better mileage, and better resale.. if that is a consideration as well. I wanted to like the ZR2.. just was not worth it and leg room for me sucked.

I bought (my first fullsize truck) a new 2021 Silverado Trailboss with the 6.2L the day after Christmas.. Sticker was over 57K, got a great price of 48K and had the dealer include a spray in bedliner and tint windows as part of the deal.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 04:25 PM   #22
jquequezana
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2013
I have a Ford F550 that I use for farm work and occasionally for pulling my own trailer. It's been rock solid for me, even in challenging conditions. I got it for a decent price of $25k for its condition. Trucks are like tools - you've got to get the one that fits your needs best.

You can find here trucks for sale, from where I got mine. They often post some good deals on used trucks that may fit your needs and budget.

Last edited by jquequezana; 10-24-2023 at 03:56 PM.
jquequezana is offline   Reply With Quote