Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #99
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Wish I could get Nav in my Vette...dag nabbit should gotten it.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #100
MrStarhouse

Drives: Opel GT 2008 (Now Sold)
yeah nbsp, I get what you mean.

Long time ago, I had a 1994 Z28. At that time there was no official Camaro import to Europe, so mine was privately imported from the other side of the pond.

That one had the same issue as yours. I could get some of the staions, like 104.7, but not 99.6. At that time that could not be fixed.

What I mean about Europe is that over here the radios step in 0.1 MHz steps. So stations can be both at for example 99.6 or 104.7, both odd and even. And the Camaros that are officially sold here works in that system.

Lets see if there is any one here who knows if what might fix it for you.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #101
nbsp

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM/IOM
Sorry, I misunderstood.

Cars sold here do the same thing, Ford Falcon's and Holden Commodore's both have radio's that step up in single increments, I think the south island actually uses odd points, unfortunately it's a bit much to move just to use the radio.
nbsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #102
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Wish I could get Nav in my Vette...dag nabbit should gotten it.
Give me some time and will get you set. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStarhouse View Post
yeah nbsp, I get what you mean.

Long time ago, I had a 1994 Z28. At that time there was no official Camaro import to Europe, so mine was privately imported from the other side of the pond.

That one had the same issue as yours. I could get some of the staions, like 104.7, but not 99.6. At that time that could not be fixed.

What I mean about Europe is that over here the radios step in 0.1 MHz steps. So stations can be both at for example 99.6 or 104.7, both odd and even. And the Camaros that are officially sold here works in that system.

Lets see if there is any one here who knows if what might fix it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbsp View Post
Sorry, I misunderstood.

Cars sold here do the same thing, Ford Falcon's and Holden Commodore's both have radio's that step up in single increments, I think the south island actually uses odd points, unfortunately it's a bit much to move just to use the radio.
i think the only way to fix the radio is to get a Europe one
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #103
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Give me some time and will get you set. LOL
Ok Ofer, it'll be here...
Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #104
teknoprep

Drives: Chevy Equinox
Thumbs up Siri Eyes Free Update

First, let me say thanks for the wonderful forum & thread. I've been looking everywhere for information on MyLink, and this place delivered!

I recently purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox, and was bummed when I heard that the 2014 Chevy models were being updated with Siri Eyes Free:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...1014-siri.html

I purchased the 2013 model because I was told the 13/14 Equinox were exactly the same, and there were no added benefits for the 2014 Equinox. I am constantly driving for work, and the hands-free functionality of Siri would be highly beneficial for me. Given your extensive knowledge, including The Stig's wonderful posts, what do you guys think about the following:

-Do you think Chevy will also release an update for the 2013 model year cars with MyLink?
-Is the hardware the same in the 2013 & 2014 MyLink models?
-Are the systems across different car models (Camero, Equinox, etc) the same, or do they have different software?
-Does Siri Eyes Free require any extra hardware, or is it just a software update?
-If they don't release it for the 2013 cars and it is compatible, do you think there will be a way to obtain the 2014 file and do a self-update on my 2013?

As others have said, the MyLink support has not been very helpful on this issue. They don't know anything about software version #'s or updates, simply, check with your local dealer.

Thanks so much!!
teknoprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #105
PR325xi

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
How awesome would It be to have custom firmwares. I'm sick of not being able to update and being stuck with a kinda useless system since not even xm works where I live. At least I want Siri and bring your own maps on my 2013 camaro... At least!!!!!
PR325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #106
drdivo
DrDivo

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to drdivo Send a message via MSN to drdivo Send a message via Yahoo to drdivo Send a message via Skype™ to drdivo
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoprep View Post
First, let me say thanks for the wonderful forum & thread. I've been looking everywhere for information on MyLink, and this place delivered!

I recently purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox, and was bummed when I heard that the 2014 Chevy models were being updated with Siri Eyes Free:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...1014-siri.html

I purchased the 2013 model because I was told the 13/14 Equinox were exactly the same, and there were no added benefits for the 2014 Equinox. I am constantly driving for work, and the hands-free functionality of Siri would be highly beneficial for me. Given your extensive knowledge, including The Stig's wonderful posts, what do you guys think about the following:

-Do you think Chevy will also release an update for the 2013 model year cars with MyLink?
-Is the hardware the same in the 2013 & 2014 MyLink models?
-Are the systems across different car models (Camero, Equinox, etc) the same, or do they have different software?
-Does Siri Eyes Free require any extra hardware, or is it just a software update?
-If they don't release it for the 2013 cars and it is compatible, do you think there will be a way to obtain the 2014 file and do a self-update on my 2013?

As others have said, the MyLink support has not been very helpful on this issue. They don't know anything about software version #'s or updates, simply, check with your local dealer.

Thanks so much!!
What I have from the "Horse's Mouth" is that the 2013 MyLink won't get the Siri Eyes Free and that it's a hardware issue, not a software issue. At least for the 2013 Camaro. Not all the Chevy models have the same MyLink hardware.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #107
teknoprep

Drives: Chevy Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdivo View Post
What I have from the "Horse's Mouth" is that the 2013 MyLink won't get the Siri Eyes Free and that it's a hardware issue, not a software issue. At least for the 2013 Camaro. Not all the Chevy models have the same MyLink hardware.
Dang! That's quite upsetting, since I specifically inquired about this when I recently purchased my car. Chevy's website was quite confusing when I was doing research before my purchase - when you clicked the MyLink button on the 2013 Chevy Equinox's page, it went to a page talking about Siri Eyes Free integration (they have since updated the links after the announcement). Given this hadn't come out yet for the 2013 or 2014 models, I was told a simple software update would enable the functionality, and that the 2 models were completely identical (except some minor Options changes). Looks like this might not be the case.

Thanks for the info!
teknoprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #108
rdsesq

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Does anybody know if there is a firmware revision that has addressed the IPOD initialization race condition?
And anything been done about the issue of indexing every time the system is turned on, even if an ipod has not been updated?
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #109
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Does anybody know if there is a firmware revision that has addressed the IPOD initialization race condition?
And anything been done about the issue of indexing every time the system is turned on, even if an ipod has not been updated?
What firmware do you have now?
Old 12-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #110
suzook

Drives: camaro
WE REALLY need to hack the $hit out of mylink so we can get more features.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #111
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
WE REALLY need to hack the $hit out of mylink so we can get more features.
It's being worked on