Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-08-2018, 09:05 AM   #43
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
lucky dog...no emissions!...so cat-less is way cheaper too! mo $$$ for go fast parts....

so tune and CAI(find a used one-save even mo $$$ - lol)...since I have shorties no comment on long tubes except I really REALLY like ARH products....axle back is cheaper than cat back....

before going any further take a hard look at the rear sub frame bushings and T/A's...last thing you want is to go out and break an axle due to wheel hop! I chose inserts...less costly and have proven to be very effective..for my needs at least...

and then...yes...gears....bar none one of the best mod's...period...can also find a used complete rear diff on here...makes the swap easy and you can then sell yours!

after that? DR's!!!...cause yer gonna be pissed you can't get outta the hole(u know ur gonna go drag racin...just admit it!)

main thing have fun and get used to your your ride with Steve's tune....and read up on loading tunes properly!

peace...
Old 05-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #44
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I run no cats because of the supercharger. I don't mind the smell of running no cats myself but that is subjective. If I wasn't FI I would probably run hi flow cats. Running LT headers will give it a little raspier sound. Running LT's with no cats will give a little more rasp. You can on;y really hear the rasp at idle and it's not even that bad if you ask me. Just get the right cat back systems and your golden.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:25 AM   #45
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
I run no cats because of the supercharger. I don't mind the smell of running no cats myself but that is subjective. If I wasn't FI I would probably run hi flow cats. Running LT headers will give it a little raspier sound. Running LT's with no cats will give a little more rasp. You can on;y really hear the rasp at idle and it's not even that bad if you ask me. Just get the right cat back systems and your golden.
Or, like me, Supercharged, no cats, and cutouts. If you like NASCAR, this is what it sounds like. lol.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #46
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Catless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno dogg View Post
Crap I have to bug you guys more.High flow cats or catless???
If you want to go catless get Speed Engineering 1-7/8" SS Longtubes, best bang for the buck.

Get a Roto-Fab or a Cold Air Inductions CAI

Get an SCT X4 Tuner From Dyno Steve

Elite Engineering Catch Can

BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Rods

Since you have an automatic like me you should not have much wheel hop if any at all. My car never wheel hopped ever even drag racing before the BMR stuff.

If you want to go with High Flow Cats your best Option is Texas Speed Long Tubes and Hi-Flow Cats.

I have a 2010 L99 with bolt-on mods & nitrous, check out my youtube channel in my signature to hear what it sounds like and see what I have done. There are a bunch of how to videos there as well.

Last edited by WoodBoss; 05-08-2018 at 11:18 AM.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #47
Syclone

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Epic Road Trip
Old 05-08-2018, 11:31 AM   #48
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Or, like me, Supercharged, no cats, and cutouts. If you like NASCAR, this is what it sounds like. lol.
Yeah buddy!!
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #49
Inferno dogg

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Just got off the phone with Dynosteve and sent him an PM.The list is

Kooks headers w/hfc
Roto Fab cai
Corsa extreme cat back
And tuner with Dynosteve tune.
This should be fun!!!

Next up on the list BMR suspension upgrade w/lowering springs, After that a cam !!!

Thanks to all of you that gave advise to this noob .Although this is my 4th camaro this is by far the best one I have ever owned.
Inferno dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:45 PM   #50
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:

Kooks headers w/hfc
Roto Fab cai
Corsa extreme cat back
This should be fun!!!

Next up on the list BMR suspension upgrade w/lowering springs, After that a cam !!!

Thanks to all of you that gave advise to this noob .Although this is my 4th camaro this is by far the best one I have ever owned.
You are going to like that.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #51
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:

Kooks headers w/hfc
Roto Fab cai
Corsa extreme cat back
This should be fun!!!

That's going to be a heck of a lot of fun!! Enjoy your new mods! Remember, when the mod bug bits it bites HARD. Next you'll be getting forced induction, pulling the engine for forced internals and/or a LSX block, etc. etc. etc.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:42 PM   #52
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Good to see you made some good choices. Those mods are the most popular for sure. The longtubes with Corsa Xtreme sound fantastic.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:43 AM   #53
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:

Kooks headers w/hfc
Roto Fab cai
Corsa extreme cat back
This should be fun!!!

Awesome! You’ll love the Kooks with the Corsa exhaust for sure! Why not just go catless instead of hfc?
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:05 AM   #54
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
I'm working on getting the proper appearance to my midpipes "visual". Having read about people losing their engines to overheated FI cats I would rather have a few extra hp and not risk that. Some brands of HFC are more susceptible to burnout than others but either way why risk it.
I'll save the planet by burning more alcohol instead of using a cat. Shhh don't talk about the extra energy used to make ethanol or how the nitrates in the fertilizer are polluting the groundwater, that doesn't fit the narrative
silversleeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:36 AM   #55
13SSCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Glad to hear you are going with high flow cats. You would hate it without cats and the Corsa exhaust.
2013 SS M6, TSP Stage 3 231/246 cam kit, TSP Trunion upgrade, Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX PTB, TSP 1 7/8 Long tube headers and high flow cats, Corsa Xtreme ZL1 Catback exhaust, Elite E2-X Catch can, Trick Flow Gen-X 255 heads milled 0.025 and valve job, GPI rod mod and ported intake, ID850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump, Flex sensor and E-85, Mantic 9000 and 1LE 3.91 diff 512rwhp/462rwtq
13SSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:38 AM   #56
Inferno dogg

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
Awesome! You’ll love the Kooks with the Corsa exhaust for sure! Why not just go catless instead of hfc?
From what I have read and herd the cats dont take away power so I figure I might as well go with now instead of spending more later.Plus I am going from totally stock to this in one shot so I should be happy.Can't wait till that first pull !!!
Inferno dogg is offline   Reply With Quote