Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Stingraye

Drives: 2011 2SS / RS M6 LS3 IBM
Weighed and aligned my 2ss today

I'm taking my car out auto crossing for the first time this weekend, wanted to get my alignment dialed in and check what my weight is on the race scales. it came in pretty close to where I was expecting overall on weight. Vehicle options are 2SS M6 LS3, with CAI and added factory strut tower brace.

This is with nothing in the car. Car had 8 gals of fuel left in tank (roughly 48 lbs). Top numbers are kinda hard to read, the're 1004 & 1010

This is with me in the drivers seat. Cross weight still pretty damn close to 50%, which is ideal.

And in case any ones interested, here's what I was able to get my alignment specs to, which I'm pretty happy with. Mind you I set it up like this for auto crossing this weekend, and I plan to level it out a bit afterwards. I would have liked a little more camber in the front, but didn't have time to drill out the front strut bolt holes, so I'll see how it handles where's its at. The back end feels much more planted in the turns though with the amount of camber I got in the rear, much more stable.

I'll post up some video after my autocross event, I hope to get some good data with some new iPhone apps I got.
Stingraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Still a little heavy on the left side... a couple of shims on your rear struts should be able to level that out.

It's excellent that you got all 4 corners weighed.. It really makes a difference if you want to really nail a good launch... Helps w/ the one wheel burnout issues too..

Here's what I went through...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139356
Old 03-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
Stingraye

Drives: 2011 2SS / RS M6 LS3 IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Still a little heavy on the left side... a couple of shims on your rear struts should be able to level that out.

It's excellent that you got all 4 corners weighed.. It really makes a difference if you want to really nail a good launch... Helps w/ the one wheel burnout issues too..

Here's what I went through...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139356
Damn just read your thread, looks like a mess, but that was certainly a good find. I might look into shimming the rear struts and see what that does for stability.
Stingraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Your going have so much fun!!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingraye View Post
Damn just read your thread, looks like a mess, but that was certainly a good find. I might look into shimming the rear struts and see what that does for stability.
Once you hit the 600 hp mark it can really make a difference... Yours looks pretty good as it is, just wanted to throw that link out there for the fine tuning...
Old 03-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
Auto Crossing is a Blast...... With this car you realize how heavy she is ..... and how to truly steer this car with the throttle ...... Ive done several courses in several vehicles and this one is most challenging.... This year Ill be doing it with some Booooooooost....

Mind u mine is a daily driver...... so ....
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Allow me to offer a few suggestions.

Toe those front wheels out .5 degrees per wheel.
Remove as much negative camber as you can with the OE eccentrics.

With the change to toe out your 5th Gen will turn in yesterday, but it will wear the front tires in daily driving.

Reducing rear camber will reduce the understeer.

Here are the newest FE2, FE3, FE4 and FE5 OEM and Pedders Alignment Specs.

[B]
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote