Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 12-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #939
Squiffy

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS CGM S/C
I'll see you guys at the track.
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:49 AM   #940
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
[QUOTE=Gigachip;5854037]I'd be down for a Western meet
be much closer for me for sure.

I live inTennessee, but would love to drive out to West Coast again for a meet. Why can't there be more than one?
If its organized and announced they will come.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #941
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
bummer on indy again! what about the southeast owners? 2100 miles one way is too much and after arizona then indy last year i really thought we'd see it closer to the east coast this round. guess no camarofest for me again this year :(
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #942
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Garbage... im out again! Indy is boring as all get out
Lol....coming from someone who lives in Oklahoma
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #943
Rhyno81

Drives: Summit White 2012 2SS RS M6
Location is always going to be an issue. This will be my first camarofest. Id say id would be willing to drive 10 hours max. Perhaps the people doing the most work (Organizers) pick places that are close to them and or are just available for our needs. It would be fine with me to not be able to make it to all of them if it meant that the meet was moved around the country to try and make it "fair". Id say the attraction of each location would be reasons to move around and see more of the country.

basically since im not doing anything to set it up... im in no place to complain. Thanks to those doing the work!
-TSP 1 7/8" long tubes with high flow cats
-Muffler Delete
-Matte Black Powdercoated 20"SS Wheels (General GMax Tires)
-BMR Strut Brace
-ZL1 Swapped front end

Rhyno81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #944
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyno81 View Post
Location is always going to be an issue. This will be my first camarofest. Id say id would be willing to drive 10 hours max. Perhaps the people doing the most work (Organizers) pick places that are close to them and or are just available for our needs. It would be fine with me to not be able to make it to all of them if it meant that the meet was moved around the country to try and make it "fair". Id say the attraction of each location would be reasons to move around and see more of the country.

basically since im not doing anything to set it up... im in no place to complain. Thanks to those doing the work!
Hey Mike (Mlee) what did it take you last year? 30 or 35 minutes?

Oh that's right....2 days. They hardly have the fest in one of the organizers back yard. One big reason for an Indy repeat was that they would have the ability to tweak things and make the event run smoother. It's very difficult to have the fest somewhere different year after year. You need to see how it unfolds, and what worked well and sucked the big one. After this fest we'll be able to see if things run smoother. Then go after the '14 location. They know what problem arose and what people had complaints about. Let them try and correct it.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #945
Rhyno81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Hey Mike (Mlee) what did it take you last year? 30 or 35 minutes?

Oh that's right....2 days. They hardly have the fest in one of the organizers back yard. One big reason for an Indy repeat was that they would have the ability to tweak things and make the event run smoother. It's very difficult to have the fest somewhere different year after year. You need to see how it unfolds, and what worked well and sucked the big one. After this fest we'll be able to see if things run smoother. Then go after the '14 location. They know what problem arose and what people had complaints about. Let them try and correct it.
I wasnt complaining in the least about the job the organizers do! Im on their side for sure. I have no knowledge of where they live either, perhaps i was wrong in throwing that out there. Was in no way meant to insult. Perhaps you guys should find places "in your backyard" as a reward for the work. I was simply commenting on the complainers who dont do a thing as far as setting this stuff up. If you want a say, contribute.
-Muffler Delete
-BMR Strut Brace
-ZL1 Swapped front end

Old 01-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #946
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
I wasnt complaining in the least about the job the organizers do! Im on their side for sure. I have no knowledge of where they live either, perhaps i was wrong in throwing that out there. Was in no way meant to insult. Perhaps you guys should find places "in your backyard" as a reward for the work. I was simply commenting on the complainers who dont do a thing as far as setting this stuff up. If you want a say, contribute.
I wasn't trying to single you out. You made it perfectly clear that youre in no matter what. During this entire thread quite a few members were complaining about it being back at Indy. About it being a money grab. I kept forgetting to say what I wanted. It's not about the money as long as none of the people putting it on go broke. And if it was about money no one with any brains would try and stage this event. They would prob make $.50 an hr with all the time they put in plus while the fest is running its hard fit then to enjoy it. The mods were always running around. They put this event on for us, the members. They want it to run as smoothly as possible. The second time around things will always go better, and the third,etc. No matter where the fest is held you will always have disappointed people. Such is life and its good that the mods didn't choose the location by who cries the most. They choose the best location to put on the best fest.

Sorry if it seemed as if I was singling you out. That was surely not the case. You had the easiest post to quote!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #947
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
No worries at all Rhyno. C5 mods work the location and we are spread out all over from Canada to CA and TX. This event has gotten HUGE and the biggest factor concerning location is space to hold everyone at both the track and hotel. Really glad you're going to make it this year as it will no doubt move again in 2014... but then a 2 day cruise with a Camarovan is a blast too..
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #948
Rhyno81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I wasn't trying to single you out. You made it perfectly clear that youre in no matter what. During this entire thread quite a few members were complaining about it being back at Indy. About it being a money grab. I kept forgetting to say what I wanted. It's not about the money as long as none of the people putting it on go broke. And if it was about money no one with any brains would try and stage this event. They would prob make $.50 an hr with all the time they put in plus while the fest is running its hard fit then to enjoy it. The mods were always running around. They put this event on for us, the members. They want it to run as smoothly as possible. The second time around things will always go better, and the third,etc. No matter where the fest is held you will always have disappointed people. Such is life and its good that the mods didn't choose the location by who cries the most. They choose the best location to put on the best fest.

Sorry if it seemed as if I was singling you out. That was surely not the case. You had the easiest post to quote!!
As you and Mlee both said I agree there is a ton of work that goes on that most will never see. Sometimes its hard to convey exactly what i wanted to say and i wanted to make sure we were on the same page, as it seems we are. I look forward to the fest and in all honesty wouldnt hesitate in the least if there were a donation of some sort to those who are putting in the leg work to make this stuff happen. Lets face it almost everyone wastes 20 bux on a monthly if not weekly basis and that money would be (in my mind) a nice way to offset some of the travel costs, phone bills or hell even beer money for the few that do the most. Id be all in for a one time 5 10 or 20 dollar (per person) fee just to say thanks for the hard work. But maybe thats just me.
-Muffler Delete
-BMR Strut Brace
-ZL1 Swapped front end

Old 01-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #949
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #950
Vangres
Timed Rage

Drives: Mercedes Benz 300 C sport
Most likely that I will be there, and yes it will take me 15hr drive from Mass, so people in TX shouldn't complain as the driving hours is less than mine or close to it.
Vangres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #951
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Where the hell is the LIKE button when you need it.....
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #952
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Last years was a blast. Looking forward to another great time This year I will find you or Hunt you down YOU know who your are LOL
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote