Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 05-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
295's on rear?

So took the car out, and for those that followed the other threads, the MPSS 315s rub on the driver side on my 2014 ZL1. Stock, car, stock rims, no change in ride height.

I believe it is actually hitting the mud flap at the top, did a little filing which made it a bit better but still hitting with three people in car.

Since I am not racing, just using the car to cruise, need to not be uncomfortable hitting bumps so 315s need to go.

Shame as they have maybe 50 miles on them but I dont want to do body work to fit a bigger tire.

I was looking at these: 295/35ZR20 (105Y) XL K1 Ferrari - little shorter than OEM but not by much.

Looks like they are ok for use with the 11" rim, does it make sense to buy a set of front rims?
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:52 AM   #2
MYLSA

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
So took the car out, and for those that followed the other threads, the MPSS 315s rub on the driver side on my 2014 ZL1. Stock, car, stock rims, no change in ride height.

I believe it is actually hitting the mud flap at the top, did a little filing which made it a bit better but still hitting with three people in car.
Hmmm...interesting that these are rubbing and thanks for sharing that they are because I was about to order them as I have read that people were saying they don't rub? Wonder why yours is? Only thing different from I have read is yours is a Vert but how would that make a difference? Good luck with whatever you decide but I would not go 295 on the rear...you will never hook up!
MYLSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #3
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I am running 315 and 295s. I have never had a rubbing problem, there are people running them on lowered cars also. I would see if you can tell where it is rubbing and see if something isn't right. With so many people running these I would think it would be something with your car.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #4
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I am running 315 and 295s. I have never had a rubbing problem, there are people running them on lowered cars also. I would see if you can tell where it is rubbing and see if something isn't right. With so many people running these I would think it would be something with your car.
Same here, no issues what so ever other than the front throwing rocks up. I had to get the ZL1Add-on rock guards.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:27 AM   #5
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
When everyone says no issue, ID be interested to hear if they have ever hit the bump stops on rear. From my informal survey, everyone who replied has a coupe, so convertible may be the issue. At the dealer now for oil change, and they are taking wheel off so we will see.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:11 AM   #6
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
On my ZL1, I ran the Michelins 295 rear/285 front and it was a great fit.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #7
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYLSA View Post
Hmmm...interesting that these are rubbing and thanks for sharing that they are because I was about to order them as I have read that people were saying they don't rub? Wonder why yours is? Only thing different from I have read is yours is a Vert but how would that make a difference? Good luck with whatever you decide but I would not go 295 on the rear...you will never hook up!
He said he rubs with people in the back. The MPSS at 295 is actually as wide with tread on the ground as the Goodyear 305.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote