Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Bought a new part from ShopChevyparts.com and frustrated

I ordered the 2014/15 Hood Scoop in Red Hot. A week before I ordered a Z28 spoiler in redhot too and it was fine. Big box comes UPS leaves at my door, life goes on.

Ordered hood scoop with ground aka no free shipping. I get tracking info, it arrives while I am at work, but they don't leave it. UPS states a signature is required. I am like WTF, Big box 4 times as much cost, no signature, little box , nobody can see from road needs signature. So everyone around me is not home. So I move pick up to a UPS store which cost me $6.00. Plus it is more in town and will require playing in rush hour longer, great.

So UPS online fails, UPS on phone Fails, UPS on phone live customer service from India, big fail, Live customer service again completion. But next day via status they didn't file it till 8am the following day and now shipping is in town but two days away.

Leave work early to miss rush hour, get stuck behind tractor, play in rush hour anyways

Get to UPS store girl is looking at a box the size of a hotwheels and says its not here. I said can you look in the back. She finds it, I think she needs to smoke less wacky weed.

The box is bent in the middle, got a Hole at one end like somebody at shop chevy made a hole to confirm the color and didn't tape it back up.

Guess the packaging? My worst packaging experience ever was a college kid from Santa Barbra who sent me a wheel in a trashbag in a box that was wafer thin. Yes it was delivered as a 3 piece wheel which was sad since it was originally a one piece cast wheel.

So ShopChevyparts.com and Moron from Santa Barbra must be same shipping dude. It was in a plastic bag with instruction sheet and in a box just as big as the item. No bubble wrap, no protective film on the painted surfaces, no box structural support. Just chuck in a bag and in box, get their $250 and see ya later sucker.

I see my mistake, pay the higher price and get quality from a dealer who gives a damn like Rodgers. Or Pay cheaper price and get Clown College Dropouts GM quality parts.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
First off sorry for your horrible experience. I've ordered several parts from them and had no issues with delivery. Have you called their customer service dept. to explain what happened to you? I'm sure they are willing to ship you another one to exchange for the damaged one. Don't forget to ask for an RMA # when you ship the damaged one back.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
lol #rant
Old 09-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #4
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
So you neglected to tell us if the part was damaged . Wellllllll ? Also post pics next time . It's great that you bashed 2 different companies and 2 people all in 1 post most impressive .
Old 09-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #5
Chris1SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
So you neglected to tell us if the part was damaged . Wellllllll ? Also post pics next time . It's great that you bashed 2 different companies and 2 people all in 1 post most impressive .
I tell you today's youth only reads the beginning and the end. That was a compliment to Rodgers not a negative, Alice. I am aloud to be hot under the collar if I am spending hard earned cash and somebody who should have common sense on how to package an item and doesn't. I don't need to post pictures, to prove if I am right or wrong. I buy new, it better show up new. I don't care if they can replace it, I shouldn't have to go thru the hassle. Now everything I am planning has to be put back two weeks which is going to screw up alot.

I read enough stupid threads on the forum, I am allowed to make one myself to vent.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #6
Chris1SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
First off sorry for your horrible experience. I've ordered several parts from them and had no issues with delivery. Have you called their customer service dept. to explain what happened to you? I'm sure they are willing to ship you another one to exchange for the damaged one. Don't forget to ask for an RMA # when you ship the damaged one back.
Like I said I have spent over a grand in the last 6 months with them, I would expect the same professional packaging as before and not requiring a signature. But they dropped the ball and it peed me off.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
Decline shipment, contest card charge. Now their problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:09 PM   #8
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Sorry, dude. My dealer has a 2014-15 heat extractor in Red Hot just sitting on the parts wall. I could have probably bought it cheap and shipped it to you, minus the hole.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:50 AM   #9
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
The box is bent in the middle, got a Hole at one end like somebody at shop chevy made a hole to confirm the color and didn't tape it back up.

So ShopChevyparts.com and Moron from Santa Barbra must be same shipping dude. It was in a plastic bag with instruction sheet and in a box just as big as the item. No bubble wrap, no protective film on the painted surfaces, no box structural support. Just chuck in a bag and in box, get their $250 and see ya later sucker.
You never really said if the part was damaged, just that the box was bent in the middle and had a hole in the box. The hole could have been from UPS also, I have seen that happen.

As far as a signature, I have also seen different drivers have different "rules" of their own when it comes to leaving packages. I have run across the same thing, 1 larger (more expensive also) item left on my door, and 1 smaller item (cheaper) needed a signature. It was a different driver who did not want to leave it as it called for a signature as did the other one.
I am not making excuses for ShopChevyParts, if the packaging was crap and the part was damaged, they should make it right just like any other company.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:00 AM   #10
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if it requires a signature you can leave a signed note for them to leave it. I do it all the time. UPS and Fedex. they should have left you a note stuck to your door to sign for them to leave it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:50 AM   #11
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Thumbs up

That sucks! I have order from them and didn't have a problem. Post pics.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:11 AM   #12
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
From the parts I read, I'm trying to figure our why it's the vendors fault. Think you blew things out of proportion just because the second box required signature delivery. I think moving forward signature delivery is going to become standard with all door step thefts and etc. sucks for those of us who leave for work early and get home late and when we love in a safe community.

As for the part someone at the vendor may have f'd up or Maybe UPS killed the box it was in so they pull it out of the box and toss a shipping label on. I have had that happen before.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote