Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 09-20-2022, 03:22 AM   #1
Romulus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS GFX LS3
Houston needs an active Camaro club

The H-Town Camaro Club is inactive. I can’t even find a site that allows you to join. Most activities listed are from 2011 and older. Their site just lists other people’s activities. Any interest in a Camaro club that does lunches, rides, etc.?
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:18 PM   #2
Kings2010

Drives: 2005 C6, 2013 ZL1 2020 Ram Cummins
There doesn't seem to be much interest. I'd be willing to do something

I'm out in Richmond/sugar land though
Kings2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 09:28 PM   #3
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
h-town is mostly on facebook now, I think the site is private. You have to ask to join. I know they did the Kemah Camaro show last march.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 06:25 PM   #4
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
I agree.

Ever since the pandemic it has been hard to find anything going on anywhere.

Check with mlee since he seems to be the one who has been involved with the move of HTCC from public to being private and then to FB.

When it first started, HTCC gathered more members and interests back when it was public, and the public could read before they started closing most of its public viewing access and moving to FB. There were a few long-time members not wanting the FB only, but it looks like they lost out. I don't hear much activity about the club any more or even at my builder. It definitely seems that the club is on life support at best.

If you want social and shared experiences and enthusiasm, the Corvette club has shown me to be much more active when I was looking at a new 2019 ZR1 and willing to have new club members.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:27 PM   #5
78novacaine

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Greater Houston F-body club on FB does a few meets/shows a month. I know our cars aren't f-bodies but they've had no issue with me joining in the fun.
78novacaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 09:51 AM   #6
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
How does Houston not have a Camaro club ? That’s just nuts I grew up there and I find it hard to believe there isn’t enough interest ???
Old 03-19-2023, 09:56 AM   #7
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Ok I’m going to start one up if I can get enough help and interested builders ,owners ,racers ,& simple good hearted folks as on lookers ..I’ve got a big enough property to use as a start or finish location I best 3-400 cars might fit easy..then we’ve got enough for 1000’s of cars down the road for a later date and time if it grows …
Old 03-21-2023, 10:08 PM   #8
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
There are 2 meets each weekend that gather quite few camaros without club ties I believe.
One in Pearland on friday nights, behind the Freddy's, Saturday nights at lowes on 646 in league city.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 08:43 AM   #9
SS CTS

Drives: O4 GTO, 93 ZR1, 65 Galaxie 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blkgrayRS View Post
There are 2 meets each weekend that gather quite few camaros without club ties I believe.
One in Pearland on friday nights, behind the Freddy's, Saturday nights at lowes on 646 in league city.
Nice man, I’m in League City. Just picked up a project I hope to have finished soon. Bringing life and love back to a 2010 LT.
SS CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:22 PM   #10
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LT
Thumbs up 2010 LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS CTS View Post
Nice man, I’m in League City. Just picked up a project I hope to have finished soon. Bringing life and love back to a 2010 LT.
Careful now it may be to much for you )) Houston does not have a camaro club because.....We are to busy hiding the cars from Cops and thieves.
Just messing ... I love my 2010 LT but the ecm's will drive ya mad..

C.J
Jarhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 11:21 PM   #11
Street King Kid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS Blk w orange stripes
Great Event on North West side

I try to attend the Cypress cars & coffee (usually held 2nd Saturday 8:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m. of each month at a Church off 290 just past Mueschke road. Don't usually see too many Camaro's though, so I encourage my fellow Camaro owners near NW Houston / Cypress area to check this gathering out. Usually, lots of very nice cars!
Street King Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 03:18 PM   #12
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Camaro groups and Cars

" I try to attend the Cypress cars & coffee (usually held 2nd Saturday 8:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m. of each month at a Church off 290 just past Mueschke road. Don't usually see too many Camaro's though, so I encourage my fellow Camaro owners near NW Houston / Cypress area to check this gathering out. Usually, lots of very nice cars!"

I went there twice before and there were only collector cars from The F word and one cool 67 camaro. I spent years in that area growing up and now they all seem to be pretending to be street outlaws now. When you leave that place do it before the rest do. Cops look to pull you over from Precinct 4 and Tomball police. Have you gone up towards Tomball by the old junk yards? I worked there selling parts but even that's gone now.

Let me know if you find another I would like to attend

C.J
Old 08-19-2023, 05:35 PM   #13
Roksn1FR
Roksn1fR

Drives: 2023 1SS 1LE ShadowGrey
Hey guys, kind of a bit bummed out that there are apparently no Camaro specific clubs in the greater Houston area (i am located in Katy). Would be great to have a club organizing meets, shows, track days etc... Do you know of a wider target clubs (ex: pony cars club, muscles car clubs,...) that could fit this ?
Cheers

JD
#2023 1SS 1LE ShadowGrey - M6 - Stock - Diode Dynamics Smoked Sidemarkers / Zl1 Addons Deluxe Rockguards & LiftPads / EOS Carbon fiber center console gearshift cover / Elite SS License Plate Frame / 1st stage Paint Correction after factory delivery / Paint Protection Film (front bumpers and fenders) / Ceramic coating
#2013 1SS RS Victory Red / Hockey+COPO Stripes - M6 - Stock - SOLD
#2012 2LT RS Blue / Racing Stripes - M6 - Stock - SOLD
Roksn1FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 06:17 PM   #14
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Houston Car clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roksn1FR View Post
Hey guys, kind of a bit bummed out that there are apparently no Camaro specific clubs in the greater Houston area (i am located in Katy). Would be great to have a club organizing meets, shows, track days etc... Do you know of a wider target clubs (ex: pony cars club, muscles car clubs,...) that could fit this ?
Cheers

JD
JD: UNDER Current weather is not going to be easy for owners to come out and show off their Cars. I myself are still trying to keep my restoration off radar. Next month I head up towards lake Houston area into a money pit where they all drive new cars and stores are 10 miles apart. Hopefully this weather will break soon. I wish your dream well.

C.J