Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-19-2023, 06:44 PM   #15
Roksn1FR
Roksn1fR

Drives: 2023 1SS 1LE ShadowGrey
Thanks for your reply CJ. Yeah it's freaking hot out there. 107oF driving on I-10 yesterday. Today I was all morning in full blazing sun for sport practices w/o shade. I completely get it that it is not very enjoyable for a carshow :(. Hopefully stars will align again and we can get a club in the neighborhood. For now i plan to hit COTA for a track day later this year. First time. Looking foward to it. At least it will take care of the itch for now. Any pics of your restoration ? is it an ongoing process or are you finished with it ?
#2023 1SS 1LE ShadowGrey - M6 - Stock - Diode Dynamics Smoked Sidemarkers / Zl1 Addons Deluxe Rockguards & LiftPads / EOS Carbon fiber center console gearshift cover / Elite SS License Plate Frame / 1st stage Paint Correction after factory delivery / Paint Protection Film (front bumpers and fenders) / Ceramic coating
#2013 1SS RS Victory Red / Hockey+COPO Stripes - M6 - Stock - SOLD
#2012 2LT RS Blue / Racing Stripes - M6 - Stock - SOLD
Roksn1FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 06:50 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
H-Town Camaro Club hasn't gone away but it takes people who want to spend time organizing events and such and I for one am done with that but will support as much as possible. I'm sure after the weather improves you will see some club action this fall.

In fact today HTCC was highlighted in the Torq Meet in Conroe today. Was a great time and quite a few Camaro showed up. This was highly publicized on the HTCC Facebook page so hard to miss. As we get more showing up to these I'm sure HTCC sponsored events will start to happen as well. Always open to suggestions.

Here are some pics from today.

Name:  Torqd1.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  217.7 KB

Name:  Torqd2.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  231.4 KB

Name:  Torqd3.jpg
Size:  181.4 KB

Name:  Torqd4.jpg
Size:  187.8 KB

Name:  Torqd5.jpg
Size:  224.2 KB

Name:  Torqd6.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  237.3 KB

Name:  Torqd7.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  200.4 KB
Old 08-19-2023, 07:58 PM   #17
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LT
Houston Car groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roksn1FR View Post
Thanks for your reply CJ. Yeah it's freaking hot out there. 107oF driving on I-10 yesterday. Today I was all morning in full blazing sun for sport practices w/o shade. I completely get it that it is not very enjoyable for a carshow :(. Hopefully stars will align again and we can get a club in the neighborhood. For now i plan to hit COTA for a track day later this year. First time. Looking foward to it. At least it will take care of the itch for now. Any pics of your restoration ? is it an ongoing process or are you finished with it ?
Aghh to be young... When I bought the unmodified camaro I paid a high price for restoration project that was not messed with. First the ecm issues and replacements then the normal stuff and on a 2010 LT. The body and interior were spotless so I gave them 9k for it yeesh never again. Never buy pink from autonation :( I tried to post pictures of the restoration project like the garage pictures and they never show up. There here on this site but it must be to large.

Have fun kid

C.J
Jarhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 08:17 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead1 View Post
Aghh to be young... When I bought the unmodified camaro I paid a high price for restoration project that was not messed with. First the ecm issues and replacements then the normal stuff and on a 2010 LT. The body and interior were spotless so I gave them 9k for it yeesh never again. Never buy pink from autonation :( I tried to post pictures of the restoration project like the garage pictures and they never show up. There here on this site but it must be to large.

Have fun kid

C.J
I can help with uploading pics. This site accepts large sizes and will resize automatically. Use the paperclip icon to upload them.
Old 08-19-2023, 08:27 PM   #19
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Picture help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I can help with uploading pics. This site accepts large sizes and will resize automatically. Use the paperclip icon to upload them.
I am a great mechanic but I suck at pictures We need to start a restoration forum.

Thanx

C.J.
Old 08-19-2023, 08:33 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
I am a great mechanic but I suck at pictures We need to start a restoration forum.

Thanx

C.J.
We actually have some pretty cool restoration threads in the members journal section. Here's one of my favorites with a ton of details with pictures.
Old 08-19-2023, 08:42 PM   #21
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Restorations

Quote:
We actually have some pretty cool restoration threads in the members journal section. Here's one of my favorites with a ton of details with pictures.
Thanks I will look in the am and attempt my pictures on 8am bacon and egg and a 16 ounce bottled mexican coke. Coffee sucks you drink the original mexican coke your eye balls pop

C.J
Old 08-19-2023, 08:55 PM   #22
Roksn1FR
Roksn1fR

Yeah I have heard the same about AutoNation. Though I did sell my 2013 SS to them (I-10 west) a few months back (which was in a good condition btw) and was happy with the deal i got. But for purchase I checked their inventory and overall ratings and they were a lot of not so good feedback for follow up, inspection and maintenance. I am sorry to hear what happened to you. Nonetheless I hope that you are enjoying your V6. Great trim.
I have not been called a kid in years and man… i appreciate it . Going 44, while i tell my kids i am still 10 years old mentally lol. I guess it all about attitude
Cheers

J.D
#2023 1SS 1LE ShadowGrey - M6 - Stock - Diode Dynamics Smoked Sidemarkers / Zl1 Addons Deluxe Rockguards & LiftPads / EOS Carbon fiber center console gearshift cover / Elite SS License Plate Frame / 1st stage Paint Correction after factory delivery / Paint Protection Film (front bumpers and fenders) / Ceramic coating
Old 08-19-2023, 08:57 PM   #23
Roksn1FR
Roksn1fR

mlee, thanks for your comments and pictures. Much appreciated ! Good to know that the HTCC is still going strong. As you elude to i’ll connect through FB to stay up to date with the events. I bet it must have been discussed before but why not publicizing the events on other platforms as well ? Like Camaro5/6 ?
Cheers
J.D
Old 08-19-2023, 09:07 PM   #24
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Past my bed time

Quote:
Yeah I have heard the same about AutoNation. Though I did sell my 2013 SS to them (I-10 west) a few months back (which was in a good condition btw) and was happy with the deal i got. But for purchase I checked their inventory and overall ratings and they were a lot of not so good feedback for follow up, inspection and maintenance. I am sorry to hear what happened to you. Nonetheless I hope that you are enjoying your V6. Great trim.
I have not been called a kid in years and man… i appreciate it . Going 44, while i tell my kids i am still 10 years old mentally lol. I guess it all about attitude
Cheers

J.D
Like I said compared to me your a child Autonation will sell your car for over double regardless. Mine was off the gulf frwy. I tried once again to upload pictures but once again Nada I take a smaller shot and it appears in my garage upside down or sideways where is that coke!! gotta bounce

Later C.J
PS: No matter how old or young you are, The fun you have in your camaro is what counts
Old 08-19-2023, 09:52 PM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
mlee, thanks for your comments and pictures. Much appreciated ! Good to know that the HTCC is still going strong. As you elude to i’ll connect through FB to stay up to date with the events. I bet it must have been discussed before but why not publicizing the events on other platforms as well ? Like Camaro5/6 ?
Cheers
J.D
Actually everything used to be on Camaro 5/6 back in the day and it was a sticky thread in the Texas section.

Here's the thread and once Facebook took over no one paid much attention here so I gave up posting.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104361

Can definitely start it back up again and post events when they happen. The club also had their own forum that was very active but again Facebook took over for most forums.
Old 08-19-2023, 10:37 PM   #26
Roksn1FR
Roksn1fR

Quote:
Can definitely start it back up again and post events when they happen. The club also had their own forum that was very active but again Facebook took over for most forums.

Thanks for the link. If it is not too much trouble to post the new events on the thread as they come up I bet it would be appreciated (I know I would). But again only if it does not become a grind/time sink for you. Cheers.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:12 AM   #27
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

More car clubs

Quote:
Hey guys, kind of a bit bummed out that there are apparently no Camaro specific clubs in the greater Houston area (i am located in Katy). Would be great to have a club organizing meets, shows, track days etc... Do you know of a wider target clubs (ex: pony cars club, muscles car clubs,...) that could fit this ?
Cheers

JD
JD you have been recruited, 6th gen Camaro group, it must be nice. The way your recruiter did that he alienates 5th gen unintentionally. I enjoyed my time with this site, but I am not enjoying it lately so I am withdrawing soon. I will always stay with my LT, Good luck kid

C. J.
Old 08-20-2023, 09:52 AM   #28
Roksn1FR
Roksn1fR

Quote:
JD you have been recruited, 6th gen Camaro group, it must be nice. The way your recruiter did that he alienates 5th gen unintentionally. I enjoyed my time with this site, but I am not enjoying it lately so I am withdrawing soon. I will always stay with my LT, Good luck kid

C. J.

Well.. normally i would not even bother replying to this but out of respect I will. I came here simply because the discussion threads about Camaro clubs in Houston seem to be more active/recent. Could not find the same on Camaro6 (but perhaps i missed it). Also as shown by the pics mlee posted, a good town club welcomes any camaro gen unless it's designed otherwise. So it does not matter 5 or 6. While this thread is posted on Camaro5 it is also relevant to Camaro6 irrespective of what you own. This is about clubs not about gens.
Good day to you sir,
JD