Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #15
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Should have asked for a CarFax Report - every Dealer can pull one up! It's possible your Salesman had no knowledge of an accident, that's where a CarFax comes in handy.

They gave me a carfax and had me signing it showing no accidents. That is when I asked are you sure this car was never in an accident. They replied "No". My wife was next to me when I asked. carfax only helps if the accident is reported.

So I am not sure what else besides taking to a body shop for inspection I could have done but on a dealerships lot, not used car but a Authorized dodge Dealership lot you would expect them to tell you. Even the body shops I had estimates done on said that this was not a collision that stood out and an average person may not have noticed it.

BTW now that BBB is involved dealership has it going in for frame inspection on tuesday. If anything is show issues. they have agreed to replace the vehicle. However as I said all along it never should have had to go to this length to get this issue resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
Dealer name so we can blacklist them?
I will gladly post full resolution story and name after this gets resolved dont want to jinx the terms we have set up
Old 09-11-2015, 02:49 PM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
EHH????

So are you really faulting the OP for this? Your telling me, if you went to buy a nice new and slightly used car, and the dealership said NO ACCIDENTS and it turned out later that the car had accidents, that you'd feel it was YOUR own fault?

Not a chance.

Should the OP have requested a carfax, or looked over the car more? Sure. It is likely that he could have prevented this.

But here is the bottom line. Dealer said no accidents. They were wrong...end of story. As a consumer, we trust the dealer to be honest. We shouldn't have to feel like we need to do extra digging just b/c every dealer tries to screw us over. If they really said no accidents, well then they are wrong, and good for BBB getting involved and prompting them to purchase the car back.
If a car needs 5Gs in body work it shouldn't have been to hard to see. And yes, part of the blame goes to the OP for not doing his homework like I said above. I don't trust anything that comes out of most car saleman's mouths. That's why I only deal with people I know and have long standing relationships with. I don't buy many used cars anymore, but when I do, I request to have it inspected by my dealership where I do most of my business , or I get them involved with the purchase so I'm not getting taken. If the dealer with the car doesn't want to accept those terms, I walk. I learned a very long time ago from getting burnt by dishonest people that no one is going to look out for me except for me.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #17
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Its possible that dodge does suck. I used to have a Charger which had issues (shut off on freeway, wipers stop working, interior pieces that are untouched falling apart ect ect).. and my friend has one which has electrical issues through out it (has to pull and plug fuse in just to get wipers on and off)..

@ a dodge dealership the guy tried to sell me a 300 for 30k which was side swiped and had orange peel on one side of the car but he never mentioned it and claims no accident.. Def. some shady things but can happen almost anywhere.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT

Last edited by c5Legend; 09-11-2015 at 04:10 PM.
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #18
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
so....Dodge doesn't suck?
Old 09-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #19
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen6waiter View Post
so....Dodge doesn't suck?
I will let you answer that but if you have to force a business to do the right thing what do you think? As for me I don't want to experience this again. Next car is either from Abel or Concord Chevrolet. Both have A+ service.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:26 PM   #20
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
So...you didn't inspect a car as well as you should have and bought it anyway. Then when you discover some issues with it.... Its the manufacturer's fault not the dealer's. Who slid one passed you?? ...Ok....and how does GM figure into any of this????

Last edited by shawn18; 09-11-2015 at 09:21 PM.
shawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:01 PM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
They gave me a carfax and had me signing it showing no accidents. That is when I asked are you sure this car was never in an accident. They replied "No". My wife was next to me when I asked. carfax only helps if the accident is reported.

So I am not sure what else besides taking to a body shop for inspection I could have done but on a dealerships lot, not used car but a Authorized dodge Dealership lot you would expect them to tell you. Even the body shops I had estimates done on said that this was not a collision that stood out and an average person may not have noticed it.

BTW now that BBB is involved dealership has it going in for frame inspection on tuesday. If anything is show issues. they have agreed to replace the vehicle. However as I said all along it never should have had to go to this length to get this issue resolved.

I will gladly post full resolution story and name after this gets resolved dont want to jinx the terms we have set up
Sorry about your troubles, and yeah Carfax misses a lot. More than likely the damage occurred while the car was in the dealers possession, they half assed fixed it in their own shop and of course never reported it.
I bought a used S10 from a guy, he had wrecked it and repaired it from Junkyard parts and repainted it himself. Carfax showed it was a one owner with no accidents... I don't trust Carfax. Do your own inspections.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #22
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Nothing wrong with dodge. And GM isn't that great
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #23
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
Nothing wrong with dodge. And GM isn't that great
Uhh there is plenty wrong with Dodge, GM isn't that great quality wise but nothing wrong with Dodge? Lmao
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #24
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Uhh there is plenty wrong with Dodge, GM isn't that great quality wise but nothing wrong with Dodge? Lmao

Just as a matter of curiosity, what are you basing your Dodge comments on? Have you spent any time in a late model Challenger or Charger or 300? There's a whole ungodly number of people out there who had a POS Dodge in the early 70s and never got over it.

I had an '83 Cutlass Supreme with a fading/cracking dash and paint chipping all over the hood (that they wouldn't fix). Because of that, I haven't looked seriously at anything GM in over 30 years. It's probably not fair to hold a grudge that long, and if I saw something they were building that I liked, I might get over it. I'd look hard at the '16 Camaro if shopping because it looks like they addressed some of the things I didn't like about gen5.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:10 PM   #25
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Just as a matter of curiosity, what are you basing your Dodge comments on? Have you spent any time in a late model Challenger or Charger or 300? There's a whole ungodly number of people out there who had a POS Dodge in the early 70s and never got over it.

I had an '83 Cutlass Supreme with a fading/cracking dash and paint chipping all over the hood (that they wouldn't fix). Because of that, I haven't looked seriously at anything GM in over 30 years. It's probably not fair to hold a grudge that long, and if I saw something they were building that I liked, I might get over it. I'd look hard at the '16 Camaro if shopping because it looks like they addressed some of the things I didn't like about gen5.
I'm not holding any grudges, its just a known fact Dodge cars come with their issues, as do most other manufacturers, but to say there is nothing wrong with Dodge is just ignorant.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:32 AM   #26
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Well 5 years into owning my Challenger with no real issues.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #27
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post

Well, if that is their Statement of Proof, you've got them
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote