Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #281
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Come on out. All makes and models welcome. As stated no fee to watch. I hope to make it by one or two. I'll be able help out a little. Sitting at airport now. Keep your fingers crossed.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #282
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
Quote:
Originally Posted by wray1991 View Post
Would love to come this weekend to get the kids out of the house while my wife recovers. Do you only pay to run? Or should I bring money just to get in. Mainly camaro people? Certain area camaro's will be. My dad wants to bring his new grand sport?
wray1991
The more the merrier. Hope to see you there. Running is lots of fun. November was my first time there and I had a great time. You should really think about running, although I think the GS is gonna be tough to beat.
Witchdoctor92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #283
Witchdoctor92

I am down to 1/4 tank of gas. Think I should add some before tomorrow?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #284
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor92 View Post
I think they had them for like 338. Hope my memory is not failing, but I know it seemed pretty reasonable.
Thanks again for the info! The tires were $349 each beating my other quote of $378. I saved enough to pay the sales tax! No one in Corpus has em in stock, so they're coming from Dallas sometime next week. Young man named Joey helped me. He knew what the SS performance package was, but Goodyear didn't, so we had to order ZL-1 fronts, left and right.

It'll feel good to have them in the garage in case of a failure. I want to buy a set of 20" midnight silver rims off of eBay, again...just on case.

Take care,

Tara
Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #285
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Come on out. All makes and models welcome. As stated no fee to watch. I hope to make it by one or two. I'll be able help out a little. Sitting at airport now. Keep your fingers crossed.
Good luck with your flight, Mike! Get back home to your family safe!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #286
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor92 View Post
I am down to 1/4 tank of gas. Think I should add some before tomorrow?
I would think that would be ok but I always go with at least half a tank. Ill be out there around 10-1030 after I get my car out of the exhaust shop. Also the first post was updated for a meet tomorrow night.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #287
jenL

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Fingers and toes crossed for ya Mike!
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #288
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Talking

Okay, so with over 1k on the clock, I ran the 1LE through the gears hard for the first time. OM-FG! Hitting second gear skittered the rear sideways even with the traction control on! I got it into 4th and let it coast and rumble a bit. Might have had something to do with that turbo Mitsu Eclipse in my rear view... <koff> <koff> Er, HE started it! Really!

Tara

Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #289
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Okay, so with over 1k on the clock, I ran the 1LE through the gears hard for the first time. OM-FG! Hitting second gear skittered the rear sideways even with the traction control on! I got it into 4th and let it coast and rumble a bit. Might have had something to do with that turbo Mitsu Eclipse in my rear view... <koff> <koff> Er, HE started it! Really!

Tara
Well thats just awesome!! I have 1200 on my clock and still havent really put my foot in it but today will be a blast none the less. I cant wait to see your car run. We are not gonna be as early as i hoped dang snooze button and me had a fight that i won!!! Ha ha!!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #290
Noonamme

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SSRS
I would like to see if we can get a get together for a Xmas type dinner say dec 15 lets post up who would like to come and numbers so we can call for a reservation. Also maybe a few ideas where we would like to go eat somewhere nice that can accomadate us.
Noonamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #291
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonamme View Post
I would like to see if we can get a get together for a Xmas type dinner say dec 15 lets post up who would like to come and numbers so we can call for a reservation. Also maybe a few ideas where we would like to go eat somewhere nice that can accomadate us.
Ill post it after this weekend. My vote would be for somewhere like Nikkos Steakhouse.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #292
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

I already have a Christmas party on the 15th. What would the starting time be for our Camaro5 one? Also, I'm sorry I didn't get to Waldron Field today. I tried to get to sleep early and get up early, but it didn't work. When I did get up, I had to get ready for another Christmas party Saturday night (last night.)

Perhaps next month when there's less conflicting events...

I hope everyone did well at autocross. I received my SCCA membership card today in the mail. They're very quick! I just joined a couple of days ago.

Take care,

Tara

Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #293
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
I already have a Christmas party on the 15th. What would the starting time be for our Camaro5 one? Also, I'm sorry I didn't get to Waldron Field today. I tried to get to sleep early and get up early, but it didn't work. When I did get up, I had to get ready for another Christmas party Saturday night (last night.)

Perhaps next month when there's less conflicting events...

I hope everyone did well at autocross. I received my SCCA membership card today in the mail. They're very quick! I just joined a couple of days ago.

Take care,

Tara
We all kept looking up and hoping to see that red beauty of yours pulling in but alas it did not. If it runs anything like the boss you will LOVE it when finally get to run. Any way we missed you and yes we had a good day. Every body ran real well i thought. Witchdoctor put up the fastest camaro time yesterday so congrats to him. Hope we see you at next months.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #294
Witchdoctor92

I also have a Dec 15 party at work, but I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.