Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
OK Dodge Sucks ...GM is Great

Sorry need to vent. Bought a certified new dodge challenger 2015 "Like new condition only 3K miles still brand new" and when I asked on accidents I was told it was never in an accident. That was a joke. Suppose to be a carry over for me till 2016 camaros hit then wife would have her new dodge and I would have a new camaro. This is going like NOT.

Mistakes...Bought it at night, first mistake. Dealer told me was never in an accident, believed dealer second mistake. Bought a dodge, third mistake. Now I have a POC Dodge with 5K needed in body work on passenger side. The reason it did not stand out is dealer tried to fix it with paint less dent removal and made it just harder to see. Called FCA all they did was argue for dealer. Now I am on to BBB, DMV and a lawyer. Who needs the hassle?

Feel like screeming. Thanks you for listening.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
So why is it Dodge's fault that you didn't do your homework before you purchased the car? If your dealer was dishonest then ,once again, why is it Dodge's fault? There are dishonest Chevy dealers selling covered up wreck victim Chevy's too. Does that make GM suck too?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I know what ya mean, I was looking at a super bee charger and the dealer never admitted it was in a wreck..honestly I've never had a good dodge, jeep, Chrysler dealer experience..I've been to multiple in multiple states. I think it's a mindset. I guess that's why i always end up being a GM guy..people skills and honesty matters
Old 09-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #4
macwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
So why is it Dodge's fault that you didn't do your homework before you purchased the car? If your dealer was dishonest then ,once again, why is it Dodge's fault? There are dishonest Chevy dealers selling covered up wreck victim Chevy's too. Does that make GM suck too?
Ok maybe I should change the title to The dodge dealer ripped me off....

Never had that issue with any GM dealers in Nothern Cali. As for FCA i just expected a little more on their customer care side and I have always said the dealerships are the face of the manufacture for the auto industry.

FCA says they have great customer care and if that was the case they sure as heck could say great we have an issue you don't trust the dealer how about we act as a third party and select a location under us and have it evaluated. Instead they just they will log the complaint but there is nothing they can do.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
http://www.vehiclehistory.gov/index.html
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:33 PM   #6
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Exactly. You did business with a dishonest dealer, but you also did not check the car over that well before you bought it. You didn't notice $5,000 worth of body damage at the dealership? Helen Keller...is that you? Good luck OP.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #7
macwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Exactly. You did business with a dishonest dealer, but you also did not check the car over that well before you bought it. You didn't notice $5,000 worth of body damage at the dealership? Helen Keller...is that you? Good luck OP.
NO, I really thought on the fender it was dodge making crappy cars not that it was in an accident. Also they did painless dent repair on the car making it harder to see. Also, I asked if it was in an a accident and they said NO. Should I not expect a honest answer to my question or am I just nuts to believe i should?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #8
macwest

Update After BBB called them they fully apologized and offered to take it back or fully fix it. Thank you BBB
Old 09-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #9
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Nice glad for ya, sometimes we all get tricked

Last edited by ssrs2lt; 09-11-2015 at 04:54 AM.
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:27 AM   #10
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Hope it all works out dealer got caught trying to pull a fast one.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #11
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
NO, I really thought on the fender it was dodge making crappy cars not that it was in an accident. Also they did painless dent repair on the car making it harder to see. Also, I asked if it was in an a accident and they said NO. Should I not expect a honest answer to my question or am I just nuts to believe i should?
Should have asked for a CarFax Report - every Dealer can pull one up! It's possible your Salesman had no knowledge of an accident, that's where a CarFax comes in handy.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #12
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
EHH????

So are you really faulting the OP for this? Your telling me, if you went to buy a nice new and slightly used car, and the dealership said NO ACCIDENTS and it turned out later that the car had accidents, that you'd feel it was YOUR own fault?

Not a chance.

Should the OP have requested a carfax, or looked over the car more? Sure. It is likely that he could have prevented this.

But here is the bottom line. Dealer said no accidents. They were wrong...end of story. As a consumer, we trust the dealer to be honest. We shouldn't have to feel like we need to do extra digging just b/c every dealer tries to screw us over. If they really said no accidents, well then they are wrong, and good for BBB getting involved and prompting them to purchase the car back.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #13
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Glad the dealer is taking it back.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #14
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Dealer name so we can blacklist them?
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote