Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-22-2020, 11:18 AM   #15
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
Well it seems GM instructions are to install the subs to those rear deck speakers. Check it out
Attached Images

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:46 PM   #16
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
That's how it gets the signal from the radio. Mines the same way except mine goes off the driver's side 6x9.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #17
Panda1LE

So has anyone had success in just replacing the amp with a similar size one?

Old 05-23-2020, 06:32 PM   #18
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda1LE View Post
So has anyone had success in just replacing the amp with a similar size one?
Which amp? The Boston Acoustics or the the self powered sub amp?
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #19
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
There are simple aftermarket harnesses that plug into you factory amp so you have a signal for the aftermarket amp. You only need around a 300w nonoblock amp to run your subs. I have a Kicker single 10" with 300w amp and its just enough to compliment the BA system.
OP, I sent you a PM
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:04 PM   #20
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
If your not crazy about wiring look at ********.com. He sells some harnesses that allow you to add a amp to the factory to run your subs, or a harness to use an aftermarket amp for all of your speakers (not sub) to utilize all of the factory wiring and head unit. Then you run some RCA cables from the output of the amp to the sub amp. Amps cost a bit, but nothing will improve your sound more than an amp.

I have a 4 channel amp running the door speakers and the 6x9s, and a monoblock amp that runs my 10” woofer. I replaced all of my speakers with middle of the road speakers. If you only spend a $100 on speakers they will sound about like the factory speakers. Unless you are going to throw down $300+ on replacements you probably won’t see much difference. My system is great, not competition but when you are in the car it sounds amazing. I spent about $1200 on speakers, amps, harness, and sub box.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:05 PM   #21
Panda1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
There are simple aftermarket harnesses that plug into you factory amp so you have a signal for the aftermarket amp. You only need around a 300w nonoblock amp to run your subs. I have a Kicker single 10" with 300w amp and its just enough to compliment the BA system.
OP, I sent you a PM
the pm you sent has the website blocked off, I can't see what you sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
If your not crazy about wiring look at ********.com. He sells some harnesses that allow you to add a amp to the factory to run your subs, or a harness to use an aftermarket amp for all of your speakers (not sub) to utilize all of the factory wiring and head unit. Then you run some RCA cables from the output of the amp to the sub amp. Amps cost a bit, but nothing will improve your sound more than an amp.

I have a 4 channel amp running the door speakers and the 6x9s, and a monoblock amp that runs my 10” woofer. I replaced all of my speakers with middle of the road speakers. If you only spend a $100 on speakers they will sound about like the factory speakers. Unless you are going to throw down $300+ on replacements you probably won’t see much difference. My system is great, not competition but when you are in the car it sounds amazing. I spent about $1200 on speakers, amps, harness, and sub box.
yea I don't want to go ALL out, just a bit more oomph perhaps. I have had audio systems before in my 91 trans am, 02 RSX and 03 350Z. I did most of the work on all of them but nothing too crazy. Just a few amps and some door speakers and head units. In the miata right now, I have the headrest speakers and door speakers along with a small mini amp made by Alpine (445-A power pack). In the RSX and the Z, I used some Alpine V12 amps (2 ch and 4 ch) but those are most likely obsolete bricks now (i still have these). They are pretty big and heavy. I am capable of doing the job just trying to find the right solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Which amp? The Boston Acoustics or the the self powered sub amp?
the only amp i saw was the one on the driver side rear section opposite of the taillight.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:03 AM   #22
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
I have two 10" kickers in a box that goes all the way across behind the back seat. Mounted a 600W kicker amp to the box and it sounds pretty good. I also got the adjustment knob for turning up and down the amp. The wiring harness to tie into the stock amp for an aftermarket sub amp is 5G-X3 RCA.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote