Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-14-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
BIG NASST

Drives: 2013 2ss hotwheels
BTR stage 3 plus 3.91 or 4.10 or4.11

What are the advantages or disadvantages of these combinations
BIG NASST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
jethrobandit

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS
Looking at this same issue currently. I'd settled on 4.10s, but now that I'm at the purchase stage, I'm double-checking my research and questioning it again. Mainly only in regards to brand and 4.10 vs 4.11. I like the cost of 3.91s, but I don't think they're good enough for this cam. I'm constantly in a bog.
BTR Stage 3 :: GM 3.91 :: Eaton TrueTrac :: SW LT Headers :: Elite Catch Can :: CAI :: ADM Cold Scoop :: VMAX ported TB :: Forza 3Way :: BMR Lowering Springs/Toe Rods/Lower CA/Trailing Arms/Subframe Bushings
jethrobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #3
jethrobandit

Just an update on this one since I got it done and almost finished with break-in period. I went with the Motive 4.10 because I wanted to squeeze every ounce of usable power out of this engine/cam. However, after an expert install that was lashing perfectly, gears were making a TON of noise and come to find out had some kind of manufacturing defect. Called manufacturer and they confirmed. So, I cannot recommend Motive gears in ANY case. Quality isn't there.

I wanted to stick with the gear ratio, so the shop recommended Yukon 4.11. But, already being on the hook for another install fee (thanks Motive) and the Yukons being twice the cost and shop not being as confident in them as the GM 3.91, I went with GM.

I don't have any basis to compare the performance, but the 3.91 with the TruTrak are good with this cam. EVERY gear is usable again and it gets it into the cam's RPM range much faster. Can't wait to try it out on the track.
BTR Stage 3 :: GM 3.91 :: Eaton TrueTrac :: SW LT Headers :: Elite Catch Can :: CAI :: ADM Cold Scoop :: VMAX ported TB :: Forza 3Way :: BMR Lowering Springs/Toe Rods/Lower CA/Trailing Arms/Subframe Bushings
Old 05-28-2020, 06:45 PM   #4
dadsz28

Drives: 5th gen pending
I have the BTR stage 3 cam with a circle d 4000 converter but with stock 3.27 gears. The car runs fantastic but gives me a little buck, tug or whatever ya want to call it at low rpms like right off idle cruising, so i have been anticipating doing 3.91 gears also. Just asking if you feel a difference cruising around im sure it feels great when you get on it.
dadsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #5
jethrobandit

For an automatic, I think most have been going with the 3.73 from what I've read. Mine is manual and I can definitely tell a difference. Mainly down low as the cam robs the bottom end. 3.91 helped get the car moving better and reduce the bog down low. For me 1st goes pretty fast, but not as fast as I was anticipating with the 4.10s.