Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-31-2017, 09:06 AM   #15
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
Maybe so. All of them
What does your car trap in the 1/4? I trap 116-117 depending on the time of year. My only power mods are an E85 tune, CAI and LTH. I've been wanting to ad a GT350 or cobra jet intake because they ad about 40WHP. Full disclosure. I've run a best of 11.59@116.8 with the mods listed above and a torque converter and slicks. The reason I ask about your trap speed. Is the GT350 intake mentioned as a mod in the first post. Turns the coyote into a top end screamer. It also allows the car to pull to 8000RPM when tuned for the intake. Any roll race would be playing right into the GT350 intakes advantage.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:09 AM   #16
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
We're talking near stock cars at nearly 2,300 DA.

None of the almost stock (CAI, Catback, Tune...) 5th gens were running near 7.95 at this track that night.

Again, I ran a 8.80 in Sport mode with TC off to his 7.95.

The ET's don't lie. I'm just stating the facts; I don't have anything to gain or lose by telling folks the truth here. It is what it is.

Same night, same DA, same track, same minor mods -- Camaro SS v 5.0's.
A lot of people don't understand DA.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:33 AM   #17
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
What does your car trap in the 1/4? I trap 116-117 depending on the time of year. My only power mods are an E85 tune, CAI and LTH. I've been wanting to ad a GT350 or cobra jet intake because they ad about 40WHP. Full disclosure. I've run a best of 11.59@116.8 with the mods listed above and a torque converter and slicks. The reason I ask about your trap speed. Is the GT350 intake mentioned as a mod in the first post. Turns the coyote into a top end screamer. It also allows the car to pull to 8000RPM when tuned for the intake. Any roll race would be playing right into the GT350 intakes advantage.
I don't have the car anymore. Few times that I went to the track I trapped 118mph. Let's not paper race here guys. Different track different weather different times
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:40 AM   #18
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Ok....no paper racing. Threads over. OP quit asking for opinions and go find out if you can beat your friends car. I was simply trying to point out that different mods have different effects on different cars. The cam swap gives LS3s a big HP bump. Swapping cams in a coyote does not. An intake swap in a coyote is huge. Not so much for a LS3 or L99.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:41 AM   #19
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Well I'll let you guys know how it goes when it happens
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:14 PM   #20
camarosspower

Quote:
Ok....no paper racing. Threads over. OP quit asking for opinions and go find out if you can beat your friends car. I was simply trying to point out that different mods have different effects on different cars. The cam swap gives LS3s a big HP bump. Swapping cams in a coyote does not. An intake swap in a coyote is huge. Not so much for a LS3 or L99.
I understand what you mean but Everytime someone says Camaro beats mustang people start getting butt hurt. different parts bring in different hp to different cars but what also plays a huge factor is tuning. We can't really say who wins because we don't know the vehicles or the drivers. What we can say is that it should be a good close race
Old 05-31-2017, 01:56 PM   #21
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
I understand what you mean but Everytime someone says Camaro beats mustang people start getting butt hurt. different parts bring in different hp to different cars but what also plays a huge factor is tuning. We can't really say who wins because we don't know the vehicles or the drivers. What we can say is that it should be a good close race
Yea, I don't know about the but hurt part. If you go back and read my first post. It says the OP would win a dig race EASILY. But that assessment was also made strictly on the type of transmission and the modded parts on the both cars. That assessment also had a lot to do with owning & racing both cars myself. I always assumed these type of conversations took driver skill out of the equation. I guess we should post a timeslip before opening a thread or commenting in the thread. That way driver skill can be determined.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 05-31-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:06 PM   #22
Shoe2ss

Drives: 2014 2ssrs
well I raced my buddy's 50 with 302 intake cai and 411 gears and tuned from a 20 mph roll we were side by side till sum where around 90 to 100 mph that's where he pulled really hard on the big end and left me hating those damn mustangs even more..lol
Old 05-31-2017, 06:22 PM   #23
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
I don't have the car anymore.
Are we talking about a different car than the one you posted in the call out thread a few weeks ago?
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:24 PM   #24
camarosspower

That race is pending. The all motor car is sold. Right now I have the one on that thread
Old 06-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #25
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
That race is pending. The all motor car is sold. Right now I have the one on that thread
Link to thread....?
Kooks Jet Hot Headers
Kooks Full 3in exhaust
Trick Flow GenX 255's
Polished PAC .660's & Ti-retainers
TSP VVT 3.2 cam kit w/DoD Delete
Smith Bro's Trunnion kit
AEM X-Series OBDII Widebands
FIC ID1300x Injectors
GM ZL1 High Output Fuel Pump
DSX Tuning Flex Sensor
DSX Auxiliary Fuel System
Tim King Stage 4 Max Effort CTSV 6L90
DSS 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
JRE 6L80E / 6L90E Dipstick
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs #7 heat range
Mighty Mouse Camaro 5 Wild w/-12an and Billet Black
HP Tuners VCM Suite
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #26
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
OP From the dig you have the advantage for sure! unless hes a fantastic driver you should easily best him from a dig. From a roll he will probably edge you out, again depending on if he can drive or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
5.0's are slow. Full bolt ons with hundreds of pounds of weight reduction and John Force behind the wheel, they may crack a 12.1-12.2.

Cammed LS3 Camaro? High 9's on winter tires, all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarcasm? MY 13 5.0 M6 went 12.3 with a 18' Drag Radial as the only mod. My 14 went 11.2 with Boss IM, Full exhaust, 3:55 gears, and Circle d converter. My 5th gen A6 only managed a 13.0 with full exhaust, CAI and tune.

Quote:
While I haven't gotten a chance to run at the track yet with my 17 (mickeys will be here Monday so hopefully soon ill have some times) I can tell you the the GT350 pulls HARD up top! I got a smoking deal on the Manifold and TB it was definitely worth the money!
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #27
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyIOM View Post
OP From the dig you have the advantage for sure! unless hes a fantastic driver you should easily best him from a dig. From a roll he will probably edge you out, again depending on if he can drive or not.

Sarcasm? MY 13 5.0 M6 went 12.3 with a 18' Drag Radial as the only mod. My 14 went 11.2 with Boss IM, Full exhaust, 3:55 gears, and Circle d converter. My 5th gen A6 only managed a 13.0 with full exhaust, CAI and tune.

While I haven't gotten a chance to run at the track yet with my 17 (mickeys will be here Monday so hopefully soon ill have some times) I can tell you the the GT350 pulls HARD up top! I got a smoking deal on the Manifold and TB it was definitely worth the money!
Sarcasm indeed my friend.

Friends bolt-on 5.0 with a Ported CJ, stock headers, LCA, UCA, slicks, mid-pipe, mufflers, intake and tune with E85 went 11.0 @ 122.

Weighed 3,500LBS with a driveshaft. Had he had headers and didn't break his driveshaft, I'm sure 10's would have been in the cards for sure.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #28
Waggz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS\M6 - RJT\BLK
I haven't lost to a 5.0 on the track or street yet. Only raced 2010-2016 5.0s with bolt-ons only and not sure of their mods or driver skill. Matter of fact I just raced a 2016 last weekend and it was from a roll. 1st gear kick at 30mph; his request. By second gear I was pulling and at the end of third i had 2-3 cars on him. Twice.

I run a 1SS with cloth seats and the most minimum options available. I see most guys are running 2SS\RS which I know have to be quite a bit heavier than mine.

My car is a 2011 1SS 6M LS3, fully bolted, HP tuners, put down 425whp.

Last edited by Waggz; 07-12-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Waggz is offline   Reply With Quote