Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 08-14-2018, 09:53 PM   #1
BigRedMikeLV

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Metallic 1LE/2SS/RS
Anyone with a 1LE in Colorado Springs?

Considering taking an offer in the Springs. I'm coming from SoCal, but have lived in snow before in Connecticut. However I wasn't driving a Camaro at the time. As I understand it, snow isn't so much a thing as the hail and sleet is, however I have felt squirreliness out here on these tires on cold rainy days.

My specific questions are:

Do you still ride on the supercar tires? Or have you given up on that dream and gone all weather? Further on that: Is there even an all weather option that would fit the wheels?

If you do the seasonal swap, what is the cost for you to keep a separate set of wheels/tires (including having a shop do the swap if you don't have a workspace to do it yourself)?
BigRedMikeLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
Not that I drive my camaro in the winter, but my other cars get winter tires. I don't use a dedicated set of wheels. I have the tires swapped out on the stock wheels. I would save money and convince if I bought extra winter wheels. It cost me $60 to get tires swapped out each season. There are traction laws here during storms, One must have 4/32 minimum tread depth. This last winter we really didn't get that much snow. as you know snow can vary greatly season to season just like the north east. One difference here is usually the snow melts pretty quickly here, in a day to a few days. Even the winter sun is pretty warm at the altitudes here. The thin air just doesn't filter the up rays as much. I personally wouldn't go a winter without winter tires. Even if we only got one good snow. I want the best opportunity to avoid being in any kind of accident, my fault or not. The peace of mind of better stopping and steering, that's what winter tires are about. Honestly except for extra wheels, or mounting costs. Buying winter tires doesn't cost you more money. You're spreading wear out between two sets of tires.
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote