Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
black10ss

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Help! I think the car was abused~!!!

So I dropped my 2010 ss off at a paint shop for about 10 days to get some dings fixed. When I go to pick it up I have a check engine light and the clutch feels a bit mushy but that could be just me being paranoid. I take it to the parts store and they give me three codes...p1133, p1153 and p0502. The car has headers, exhaust, cam and cai but that wouldnt matter right? A few questions:

1. would this happen if they disconnected the battery?
2. if I take it to a dealer can they pull a "timestamp" with info on when the codes flipped?

my paranoia has me picturing them doing burnouts and hard launches in my car and ruining the clutch etc...

the car only has 9,000 miles and has never been driven hard. it's a saturday afternoon so i cannot get it into a shop until monday so i'll be worried about it all weekend!! fml.....

any ideas are appreciated
Old 03-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
kingz
Banned

Drives: The best!!!!!!!
I don't know but I just hope that everything works out great and fast. I have had two 5th gens and I would still go crazy if something like this happened
kingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Time for a dashcam.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Did you note the mileage when you dropped it off? If not, it will be hard to know for sure and even harder to prove whether they did or not. These days, I actually take a picture (with location settings on) of the OD when I drop off any my vehicles and have to leave them for any type of work, even at the dealership.

Last edited by Welker2; 03-04-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Welker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #5
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Did you note the mileage when you dropped it off? If not, it will be hard to know for sure and even harder to prove whether they did or not. I actually take a picture (with location settings) of the OD when I drop off any my vehicles and have to leave them for any type of work, even at the dealership.
This, if my car has to stay anywhere, I always note the mileage. 10 days at a paint shop to get "dings" fixed is kind of odd though.

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
You can do alot of damage in less then a mile on your odometer. I think that was way to long. I ge the pdr guy to come to my house......he was here 3 times last summer getting out dings and dents.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #7
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Based on the codes I don't think they are related to "driving it hard", but yes, maybe more related to your mods.

A clear sign someone had it for a joyride would be the smell of a burnt clutch or brakes.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
black10ss

It's not my dd and it's a busy shop so I told them it wasn't a rush. The p0502 code worries me as when I google it most people that have had it during burnouts at the dragstrip.just wondering if anyone knows if I take it to a dealer they can pull the date and engine parameters when that event occurred? I've read a few forums that said they thought the dealer could. I've always taken a sticky and stuck it to the dash with the mileage on it....this time I didn't but the mileage isn't much different...but like someone else said they don't have to go very far to try burnouts and ruin my clutch...
Old 03-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #9
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
"we only took it out for a drive to road test"

maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #10
black10ss

That's so messed up but exactly what I feel happened to my car. I could be paranoid but i've never had a code pop up on the car...seems kind of coincidental that they had it, those codes pop up and my clutch feels mushy to me now. Is there any way to tell if the clutch was burned up...besides smell as it might have been a week ago or so.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #11
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
This is one reason I use the on star and my Chevy apps. I can get real time location, tire pressure, and control the car remote start and stop immediately through my phone. I use it often when I need to leave the car at a shop. If tire pressure is up, they are at operating temperature, not a good sign. My tires gain 3 to 4 psi depending on how hard I drive it.

The dealer can go into the car and find speeds, dates, times and much more. Not sure of the cost though.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:29 AM   #12
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
This is one reason I use the on star and my Chevy apps. I can get real time location, tire pressure, and control the car remote start and stop immediately through my phone. I use it often when I need to leave the car at a shop. If tire pressure is up, they are at operating temperature, not a good sign. My tires gain 3 to 4 psi depending on how hard I drive it.

The dealer can go into the car and find speeds, dates, times and much more. Not sure of the cost though.
+1...My car was in the body shop about 3 weeks due to hail damage, I checked MyChevy and it showed on location every time...I did not have the check engine light come on nor do I have any codes showing...To pull a few dents, I can't imagine that they would have cut the battery power, however you may be able to disconnect the battery and get a reset of the check engine light and codes...Hope it all works out for you and that they did not damage your car...Noticed the year of your car is it possible that the battery needed a jump???Do you know what each code indicates???

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:59 AM   #13
black10ss

The P0502 is a speed sensor low input which after doing some research happens after the car hits certain parameters at the same time such as low speed with high RPM etc...that is the code that is worrying me because when you google that code and camaro almost everyone that has had it did it doing burnouts at the track or hard launching.

I was able to clear the check engine light at an auto parts store and it didn't need a jump when I picked it up. Like I said earlier, the clutch feels mushy/sloppy to me now. It only has 9k and the clutch was always like new.

I just pray that a chevy dealer can give me a freeze frame shot of the parameters and date of when that code was thrown. If they can i'll be in business to get this fixed. If not, it's likely my word against theirs.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:05 AM   #14
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Probably joy-rode it. It's a age old fact (tradition?) that kids that work at dealers and other service facilities abuse your car if they can. Somewhere on here I have a post about an old friend in the 1970's who worked at a Porsche dealer. He'd pick me up for lunch - in someone else's car, and he'd see how many H-A-R-D miles he could put on it in one hour. Sux, but it happens.