Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #29
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
I was tired of them sending emails and letters so I just sacrificed my spare and it's all over now. My friend went over a bump on the freeway and his knee hit the key. He had to put his hazards on and pull over to the side and luckily no one was close by him. So it can happen but not likely.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:23 AM   #30
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
I've signed the paperwork saying I don't want it done yet I still get the mail

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:38 AM   #31
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Ive hit my steering column going down the freeway and it turned the car off. The difference is I didnt panic, put the clutch in and started the car doing 60mph and drove as if nothing happened. Im kinda thinking about doing the recall because I want to install an aftermarket alarm because there have been several times where Ive opened my trunk when the key was in my pocket. Ill only give them one key though. Ill just say I bought it used and only have 1.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:50 AM   #32
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
I have not done the recall.

A couple of weeks ago I got into my car and started it. It was raining so I had a couple of paper towels on the floor and I was using them to sop up some of the water off my shoes. As I was moving my feet around drying the bottom of my shoes my knee hit the key and the engine shut off. I was sitting in the parking lot in park, but just the fact that it happened was just plain weird, crazy, caught me by surprise and made my think. Hmm, maybe there is something to all this.
This happened to me while hard breaking going 15 mph or so. Engine shut off locked up in gear whole deal. Everyone thought I was spastic lol. Said it never happened, and proceeded to tell me how tall they are and have had no problems on the other forum. Its real. HIGHLY unlikely to happen, but real.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #33
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Lawmakers May Bar Registration of Vehicles Not Repaired After Recalls

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2014...-bzsqBgo.gmail

Would be very hard to convince Lawmakers to implement something this drastic, as it would take away revenues from the state.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:04 PM   #34
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL1 View Post
I've signed the paperwork saying I don't want it done yet I still get the mail
That's because they found out that that the government says that is not acceptable. Once a recall is announced they have to make every effort to perform it on every car recalled. Just think you don't have the recall done then sell the car to someone without telling him about the possibility of the knee shutting the car off. If it happens to the new owner guess who will be held liable? Not you, but GM.... That is why they are now insisting on everyone getting the recall done. You will continue to get notices until you have it done.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #35
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
You all can laugh and criticize me but......I chose to get the new keys a couple weeks ago. I was getting tired of all the mail and emails about it.
It's really not bad (other than now looking dated with the separate key). You get used to it fast and it's not a big deal anymore. The only thing that still bothers me is the ugly hole on the fob where the key stem used to be.
I wouldn't think of criticizing you and I hope others don't. It's your car and you did what you wanted. I just want to be free to do what I want with my car. I've proven to my total satisfaction that I can't turn the car off with my knee. Since a number of members have said they can, I suspect it is a matter of your physical configuration and flexibility. Since I don't need it and I like my key the way it is, I don't plan on getting it done unless the government forces me as some have suggested they will. In today's political environment that wouldn't be a big surprise.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #36
Davebutter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM
I caved in and made an appointment at my local dealership. The service manager told me that the recall fix was optional and it was up to me if I wanted it done or not. I kept my old key.
Davebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:30 PM   #37
Botrod

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange SS Vert
I refused the recall today. I desperately need a second key and had them order me a "legal" one. Then I found uncut switchblade ones on eBay. Does anyone know if the dealer would cut a switchblade for me? I'm guessing they aren't allowed to cut those anymore.
Botrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:30 PM   #38
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
The DMV's in California won't give you the new tags if you don't do the recall . Now that's crazy and unbelievable.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #39
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The DMV's in California won't give you the new tags if you don't do the recall . Now that's crazy and unbelievable.
crazy/yes unbelievable/nope lets be real it California I don't put anything past them. Disclaimer I am in Ma and we usually follow suit quickly.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #40
blazerzr2

Drives: 2010 Camaro
im 6'5" and have been unable to hit the key with my leg

on another note, i have a 2015 malibu rental car right now. the aexact same key as ours, and i can definatlly hit that key with no trouble, yet no recall
blazerzr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #41
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botrod View Post
I refused the recall today. I desperately need a second key and had them order me a "legal" one. Then I found uncut switchblade ones on eBay. Does anyone know if the dealer would cut a switchblade for me? I'm guessing they aren't allowed to cut those anymore.
I just bought a switch blade key yesterday and it cost me $52 for the key from the dealer and $23 to get it cut by the dealer. They still sell them which is weird but hey I love it because I had the switch blade keys in my 13 Camaro. Just call and ask the dealers in your area.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #42
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebutter View Post
I caved in and made an appointment at my local dealership. The service manager told me that the recall fix was optional and it was up to me if I wanted it done or not. I kept my old key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
crazy/yes unbelievable/nope lets be real it California I don't put anything past them. Disclaimer I am in Ma and we usually follow suit quickly.
Lmao... So true ! If I didn't have all my family out here and I would be out. It's getting so ridicules out here. But I guess Some DMV's haven't started doing this because Davebutter haven't received anything from the DMV but I know it's coming. I payed $80 for a switchblade key qt a dealer yesterday.