Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #57
Heliwrench
 
Heliwrench's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Langley BC
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-2SS View Post
I guess that depends on your idea of what cold is.
His idea of cold is -40. I've lived there too haha... I don't miss it.
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #58
oneinch
 
oneinch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Ford F150 4WD
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 42
I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than the 2SS. I can't help but think that most of those that don't have the 2SS wish they had a 2SS. Especially if they have the 1SS. Not all, but under their breath I'd wager most do. Anyway, the extra 3 grand is mostly for convenience/luxury items. I suggest trying your best to get the 2SS.
oneinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #59
sleddog
 
sleddog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Interior of Alaska
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask-man View Post
First up your SOUTH...I live in Northern Canada...thats north What I was tlaking about is the fact no one is driving a SS in winter or even at very cold temperatures so having heated leather seats and mirrors is kinda a waste. Of course the car starts for christ sake...no ones that stupid! It's like getting air conditioning on a car thats only being driven in far north Alaska, thats all.

Now wait, I have a trans pan heater and an oil pan heater on my car. I have driven it at minus 30 F without any problems, and I really enjoyed the heated leather seats and the heated mirror and the rear window defroster. I drive the car all the time, I have only had the 2ss since Jan 3rd, 2010 but it's a nice winter driver. Put good winter tires on it and away ya go. It drives as good as any two wheel drive pickup, crown Vic or Impala I have driven in the winter. I live the interior of Alaska and it does get cold, least I think it does

I'm not picking on anyone, but If I was only going to drive it in the summer time I would have stayed with motorcycles.
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #60
Indy2010
 
Indy2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hannibal, MO
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinch View Post
I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than the 2SS. I can't help but think that most of those that don't have the 2SS wish they had a 2SS. Especially if they have the 1SS. Not all, but under their breath I'd wager most do. Anyway, the extra 3 grand is mostly for convenience/luxury items. I suggest trying your best to get the 2SS.
I got a 1SS, and I have absolutely no doubts that I made the right decision for me. I would choose exactly the same way again if I was in that position.

1. Electrochromatic Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror [Would like to have]
2. Available Remote Start [Got a M6, don't need anyway]
3. OnStar 1 yr Directions and Connections [Do not want or need]
4. Boston Acoustics/Uplevel radio [Was worried about stock radio, but am pleased enough that no upgrades needed]
5. Available factory stripes [??, I gottem]
6. Heated Driver and Passenger Exterior mirrors [I don't know, maybe??]
7. Rear Park Assist [I can drive just fine]
8. Leather [I really like the cloth seats, much better than leather in my SUV]
9. Heated Driver and Passenger seats [Never use it in my SUV, don't need in this one either]
10. Blue Tooth [I have never used even 1 time in my SUV]
11. Universal Home Remote [?]

No regrets.
Indy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #61
savage71ChevelleSS
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Imperial Blue
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinch View Post
I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than the 2SS. I can't help but think that most of those that don't have the 2SS wish they had a 2SS. Especially if they have the 1SS. Not all, but under their breath I'd wager most do. Anyway, the extra 3 grand is mostly for convenience/luxury items. I suggest trying your best to get the 2SS.
I bought a 1SS, why? because I wanted it, I wanted cloth, did not want all the extra electronic bullsh*t. I could have bought a 1LT Corvette if I wanted to, but I didn't. Not everyone out there buys the most expensive model of a certain car, and not everyone cares for it. If I truly wanted leather seats, I would go aftermarket and get real leather seats, not ones that are 90% vinyl, like in your 2SS
savage71ChevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #62
superstockcam
Member
 
superstockcam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Where you vacation...Tahoe
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78camaro View Post
Here's a difference: I ordered a 2SS. I did not order a 1SS.
__________________
.
superstockcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #63
pnyklr

 
Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,557
What is the difference in weight between the 1SS and 2SS, if any?

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #64
wbt
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinch View Post
I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than the 2SS. I can't help but think that most of those that don't have the 2SS wish they had a 2SS. Especially if they have the 1SS. Not all, but under their breath I'd wager most do. Anyway, the extra 3 grand is mostly for convenience/luxury items. I suggest trying your best to get the 2SS.

Ummmm....no. I specifically bought a 1SS because I DID NOT WANT all that crap.

Leather...No.
Steering wheel controls....No
Boston Acoustics...No
Heated seats....No
Color molded interior with accents...No
Bluetooth...No

You will find that those who chose the 1SS did so for the same reason. Not because it was the only thing available. Quite contrary. For every 1SS there are 6 2SS models running around.

I also did not choose the RS package. Basically paying for color matched roof molding and HID with halo's. Let me know how much a replacement will be. I will gladly change a $10 bulb and wave.

There is method to the madness.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #65
markbolt
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Trenton IL
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask-man View Post
Would you say to real major differences between the two option levels would be the SS2 has leather and Brembo Brakes?



First off the real diff is that they are called a 1SS and 2SS. Let's start with the basic.
markbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #66
markbolt
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Trenton IL
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Ummmm....no. I specifically bought a 1SS because I DID NOT WANT all that crap.

Leather...No.
Steering wheel controls....No
Boston Acoustics...No
Heated seats....No
Color molded interior with accents...No
Bluetooth...No

You will find that those who chose the 1SS did so for the same reason. Not because it was the only thing available. Quite contrary. For every 1SS there are 6 2SS models running around.

I also did not choose the RS package. Basically paying for color matched roof molding and HID with halo's. Let me know how much a replacement will be. I will gladly change a $10 bulb and wave.

There is method to the madness.


Good luck buying any replacement parts for this car that cost $10.00
markbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #67
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,765
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Can we merge this with my thread?

For those thinking that the 2SS is supreme, is it possible that those of us who want a 1SS have no interest in your fancy interior and just want a fast car?
__________________
FM: The_Blur/1110/USN//
TO: Camaro5//
INFO: RDP Motorsport//GEN5DIY//Cultrag Performance//JPSS//Rodgets Chevrolet//
SUBJ: Operation Demon//
REF: Buy at Invoice, RACECARWEAR
1. RESPECT ALL CARS. LOVE YOUR OWN.//BT
warn 145:155 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #68
OneQuickGP
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bonne Terre, Mo.
Posts: 85
The heated leather seats in my 2SS make it worth owning. I can't believe how much I love them, it was the biggest surprise to me.
__________________
OneQuickGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #69
ULTRAZLS1


 
ULTRAZLS1's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 3,999
Im not sure if anyone knows for sure yet. (about the weight question)

The only guess I could give would be 11 pounds. This is because I have seen the SS M6 curb weight listed as both 3849 and 3860.

Someone needs to top off the tank in both vehicles with the same transmission and get em on a scale.

One thing I noticed when looking at them was that I really did not like the plastic inserts on the interior on the 2SS. I preferred the cloth in place of these on the 1SS hands down.

But what it came down to with me was that I wasnt going to pay 3 grand for leather. Because thats about the only thing I really wanted that the 1SS didnt have. I got the sound system upgrade and I bought the 4 pack gauges (so I guess I only saved a little over 2 grand in the grand scheme). I prefer cloth in every way over leather as well except for looks. The leather looks more upscale.
__________________
Black 2016 1SS A8 NPP
Drag Pack, CAI, Headers, Mamo Ported MSD Intake, Pray Ported TB, Shrader RSD, E85
Best ET- 10.85 Best Trap- 126.55
490RWHP/487RWTQ

ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #70
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,829
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Merged...and cleaned up. Let's not start bickering amongst ourselves again.

It's an option, and a matter of preference ONLY. There is no 'better'.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro 1ss, camaro 2ss, camaro ss, features

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tracking All Currently Known US VIN and Window Stickers - Order Tracking Thread UCF w00t Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 4242 02-17-2014 08:57 PM
Order 1SS, 1SS RS, or 2SS RS ? nl12 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 26 01-03-2010 01:06 PM
Why aren't there any Aqua Blues yet? txcamarogirl 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 40 08-20-2009 10:05 AM
Check your Order here bvonscott Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 665 06-29-2009 01:00 PM
Official Camaro Options & Standard Equipment for all Trim Levels headpunter Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 300 02-18-2009 12:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.