Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #113
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
If you have friends that live near you, ride to and from school with them, and give them money for gas.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #114
wheelio
Banned

Drives: camaro v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Leader View Post
You have off campus lunch??
High schools in texas can't build cafeterias to accommodate 5000+ students resulting in many having off campus lunch.
wheelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #115
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam5828 View Post
Do what I do when I store it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
In all seriousness, how are those things on dust resistance? Does it completely prevent dust buildup or at least offset it? I plan on owning a classic car one day and thought about storing it in one of these when not in use.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #116
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Or there's this: Don't worry about it.

Have fun because life is short and you will own several cars.

That's why there's insurance. Tires can be replaced, quarter panels can be repainted.

Enjoy high school. If your parents bought you this as a gift, it's just a guess you don't live in a low income area where a car like this would get screwed with on a daily basis. You will NOT be able to avoid people knowing that it's your car. So as others have said, just be nice.
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #117
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Leader View Post
It's a camaro not a freakin Bugatti...
Did you grow up in a trailor park or something?
Huh? Who cares what kind of car it is. The kid was given a $30k dollar car because he turned 17. That requires no work besides breathing. He is a spoiled little kid. He was handed a big chunk of change for absolutely nothing besides staying alive which I'm sure his parents have held his hand through everything and also bought him whatever he wanted up til now. What happens when this little kid gets out in the real world and has to do things for himself? Ill bet he doesn't even know how to do his own laundry. His parents haven't been that good at their job if all they do is teach him that he doesn't need to earn anything. Just whine and he will get what he wants.

I don't get how a trailer park has anything to do with a spoiled little kid?
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #118
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Park really ****ing far away. Park by cameras, or get a security system. I'll be a senior this year in high school and the school I go to is small but has some really bad kids. Luckily nothing happened last year. Make sure you don't piss anybody off either. And don't drive into the school parking lot in the high rpms so your exhaust is loud or with loud music playing. No burnouts. Don't take up two spaces. That stuff will make you seem cocky. Just drive normally and not cockily. If that's even a word.

Good luck.

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #119
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by er0senn1n View Post
There's no neighborhoods near my school. Only thing really close to it a hotel, which I can probably park there secretly but it has a chance of getting towed
Good idea, but it's hard to park a Red Camaro "secretly" for the whole school year. Someone will notice after about a week.

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #120
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
Huh? Who cares what kind of car it is. The kid was given a $30k dollar car because he turned 17. That requires no work besides breathing. He is a spoiled little kid. He was handed a big chunk of change for absolutely nothing besides staying alive which I'm sure his parents have held his hand through everything and also bought him whatever he wanted up til now. What happens when this little kid gets out in the real world and has to do things for himself? Ill bet he doesn't even know how to do his own laundry. His parents haven't been that good at their job if all they do is teach him that he doesn't need to earn anything. Just whine and he will get what he wants.

I don't get how a trailer park has anything to do with a spoiled little kid?
You don't know his life story. I am 17 and my mom is buying me a $30k 2013 2LT/RS, so am I a spoiled little kid? I have worked my ass off to maintain a 4.36 GPA through highschool, and to graduate Distinguished Achievement. I have done everything my parents have asked me to do, and treated them with respect. I have been grateful for everything I have. I have tried my hardest in school to NEVER make below a 90 on a report card. Just because some people are more privileged than others, doesn't mean that they don't deserve it. I feel I have more than deserved what my mom is buying me, and I by no means take it for granted. I am so blessed to have a mom like mine, but it definitely doesn't mean that I am a spoiled little kid. Think before you speak. Don't hate him or dis him because he got what he wanted for his birthday. Be happy for the young man. He may have worked for what he got, you never know.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #121
wheelio
Banned

Lol @ kids who have to justify their parents buying them a car^^^^. I got my first 5th gen in 10th grade and had no job. Barely had a 3.0 average or cared about school. I wanted the car and my parents got it. That's just the way it goes. Honestly, I doubt I'll ever have a job. The haves and the have nots.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #122
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelio View Post
Lol @ kids who have to justify their parents buying them a car^^^^. I got my first 5th gen in 10th grade and had no job. Barely had a 3.0 average or cared about school. I wanted the car and my parents got it. That's just the way it goes. Honestly, I doubt I'll ever have a job. The haves and the have nots.
Wowwwwww
Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #123
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
I am 17 and my mom is buying me a $30k 2013 2LT/RS, so am I a spoiled little kid?
YES

Tax, Gas, Insurance for a 17 yr old, Registration ...you will see one day
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #124
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
-Park away from most cars
-No burnouts and revving engine in parking lot
-Don't brag about your car
-Avoid having enemies in school

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #125
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelio View Post
I don't have to justify it. I did so people realize that it isn't always just the parents tossing their children stacks of cash. Some do work hard for it. My mom definitely wouldn't have decided to get me it if I was a failure in school and didn't try, or respect her. Just saying...
Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #126
wheelio
Banned

Look how angry this turbo guy is. nearly every posts he belittles someone or talks negatively about something.

My pile of junk was lemon lawed just for this very reason. The trans isn't designed for the loads that the camaro puts on it. They are junk.

And it's just common sense. If the car was 4 quarts low it wouldn't even have shown on the dipstick. You have no reason to get a new car. Check your oil and keep it full. It doesn't matter when the..

I'm 27 and can type like an adult on a forum. I would be embarrassed if somebody thought I was 17 based on grammar and spelling that was taught in what? 3rd or 4th grade?

With a new engine you should have been checking the oil at least every fill up. How is it the dealers fault you didn't check your oil?

He is probably 17-18 so he is writing like he is txting his friends I would guess.

So did you ever get your seizures figured out or are you just hoping you get lucky and don't kill somebody this time?

He said it was his dads car. Either way at 17 he couldn't have earned the money for any 5th gen without his parents giving it to him any way. I had a supra at 17. I actually had it at 15. I bought...

I'm just not a fan of spoiled little brats that think they do no wrong. My kids have earned everything they have besides birthday gifts and whatnot. If they want something expensive they earn it. I...

Why would you go for fun?? Just to waste people's time?? You possibly took somebody away from a paying customer just so you could drive a beat up SS and be a smart ass kid and talk trash to them....

Last edited by wheelio; 08-21-2013 at 11:02 PM.