Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #729
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Since I am still at 1100, I surf the net looking for 2010 Camaro's for sale. So to my suprise I see that Ed Bozarth has a red SS for $37,080 on E-bay. So I called this morning to see if they still have it, and what options it has. I get transfered to sales and the salesman tells me that the E-bay listing has the wrong price, and that he will have it removed. He further said that they do have 2 red SS's and 2 black SS's on the way. Any day. I asked what will be the price of these cars. He said that they will have a $10,000 markup on them per General Motors. Thinking he must have ment General Manager. So I give him a chance to correct himself. I asked do you mean that General motor told you that you have to sell these cars for $10,000 over msrp? He replied, "yes General Motors". I told him he was full of shit and hung up. Just wanted to give you guys and gals a headsup on Ed Bozo's BS.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #730
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by ud_lose View Post
Since I am still at 1100, I surf the net looking for 2010 Camaro's for sale. So to my suprise I see that Ed Bozarth has a red SS for $37,080 on E-bay. So I called this morning to see if they still have it, and what options it has. I get transfered to sales and the salesman tells me that the E-bay listing has the wrong price, and that he will have it removed. He further said that they do have 2 red SS's and 2 black SS's on the way. Any day. I asked what will be the price of these cars. He said that they will have a $10,000 markup on them per General Motors. Thinking he must have ment General Manager. So I give him a chance to correct himself. I asked do you mean that General motor told you that you have to sell these cars for $10,000 over msrp? He replied, "yes General Motors". I told him he was full of shit and hung up. Just wanted to give you guys and gals a headsup on Ed Bozo's BS.
Hey there UD Lose, Yes they do have some coming in. I am a pre-order at the Parkmeadows store and they only took 4 pre-orders out of the 10 production guide. They are honoring the preorders at MSRP but you heard right about the Dealer Markup. The v6 are at 7K and the
SS's are at 10K. They also have a ZR1 at 70K. The salesman obviously was totally uninformed about the markup as this is a dealer adjustment not a GM markup. In their defense, they are not in a hurry to sell these cars and based on past history know that they will in fact sell them. They have been fair with me and aside from me driving them a little crazy requesting updates, they have been pretty good. I hope to get mine in next week and I will certainly let you know if there are any issues upon delivery...And if you wanted one of the four coming in I can sure talk to Ed or Kent and see if they will hook you up since you are a member of the forum. Give me a PM and let me know as I will have to talk to Kent tomorrow to verify my shipping. You wont have to deal with a salesman on these cars. By the way I went out to Highplains Raceway earlier in the week and it is fantastic. You are going to have to check it out when you get your car. It is 90 for a half day and 150 for a full. About a 3 mile track brand new with a 70 grade difference. The backstretch looks like the dragstrip at bandamier and was told that you come out of the corner preceding it at about 60 and can hit 180 with a Z06, so we should be able to hit our limiters pretty easy. Hope all is well and I will talk to you soon.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #731
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhawk622000 View Post
Dealerships in Colorado Springs is charging $5000.00 for SS and $3000.00 for the LT over MRSP. With the problems that GM is having how are we suppose to be loyal customers when certain dealerships aren't loyal to the customer. They are loyal to the dollar!

Al Serra
230 North Academy Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80909

Went in today they finally got there dealer car in they want $3000 over MSRP and if you are willing to pay that, they want to keep it on the lot for 2months even after purchase of the car.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #732
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Dealer Name: Maher Chevrolet
Dealer location: St Petersburg, FL
Dealer phone number: Sales: (727) 290-4314
Dealer website: http://www.maherchevrolet.com/

I was there this weekend, they claim 17 allocations. As of today they have 1 sold order filled out of the 12 pre-orders (that they claim). The salesmen I was talking to at the black 1LT told me minimum mark-up was going to be $6k (the 1LT with sunroof there had a $28k sticker), and that "all dealers are marking them up". I told him he's obviously uniformed and would gladly share his dealership info tot he Camaro community as one out to gouge. He just shrugged. Anyway here's the info.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #733
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
May I refer you to this thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22300
Old 05-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #734
ChevyJunKie

Drives: PuBliC TranSportatiOn
Chevrolet Cadillac in Southern California 10k markup @&&$&@@@&!!!
Ken Garff to be exact 2ss rS

What am I supposed to do now O lord have mercy :(
ChevyJunKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #735
NYCSRTATE

Drives: Future ZL1 or CTS V Owner
I'm a Dodge owner, dint have to tell me about price gouging dealers.

Got mine from Ohio for list, I wouldn't buy anything from NY there all thief's!!!!!
NYCSRTATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #736
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
freeway chevrolet here in arizona, told me 5k markup for the 2ss/rs that have coming in in 3 weeks. i politely said thank you and walked away.
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #737
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
+10k at TEAM in Vallejo (Bay Area)

No thanks.
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 AM   #738
Recaznor

Drives: 92 Stealth RIP Now 2010 2 LT
I noticed the UCF avatar and then I saw you recommended the Central Florida Holler Chevy dealership so I figured we were in the same area and the same boat lol. The Holler dealership wanted 2500 over MSRP which was relatively good for our area but still way too much so my g/f did some research and we found a guy in Venice (about 3 hours away) who sells at MSRP. Just a little fyi for a fellow UCF fan just in case you haven't ordered yours yet

-Matt
Recaznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #739
Sloppy Joe

Drives: 2SS RJT
PRICE GOUGING DEALER IN MID-MISSOURI
Bob McCosh Chevrolet (Formerly Perry Chevrolet)
Ph (573) 355-9946
http://www.bobmccoshchevrolet.com/HomePage

Red 2SS Customer Pre-Order car marked up $6,000 over MSRP.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #740
RTP_Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS (Very soon!)
Price Gouging continues at Hendrick Chevrolet in Durham & Cary NC.
MSRP of RS on cars.com from Hendrick: 30,100
Actual price from the dealer: 41K and change.

What a joke.
RTP_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #741
jking

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
I live in NE Ohio, and I test drove a Camaro last week (a 1LT), and was told they don't have a price on it yet. I'm not in a position yet to pre-order one, but I've been calling around.

I called Great Lakes Chevrolet in Ashtabula, OH, and was told they are upping the price by $1000 (for a 2LT which is what I want). The salesman told me that Classic Chevrolet in Mentor, OH (where I did the test drive) are marking up by $5000. I can't confirm that as I haven't called Classic, but if Great Lakes is only marking up a $1000, to me that seems pretty reasonable, especially with what I've been reading here about some dealerships marking up 10K!.

If that holds true throughout the summer at Great Lakes Chevy, then that's who I plan on doing business with!
jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #742
carbonsteel

Drives: Mercedes-Benz C350
Yet another reason why the auto manufacturers are dying

Here's two for you:

Koons Tysons - The GM Corner/Chrysler
2000 Chain Bridge Rd.
Vienna, VA 22182
GM: Pat Fogarty
Sales: 888-335-7892
Service: 703-448-7221

Lindsay Chevrolet of Woodbridge
15605 Jefferson Davis Highway
Woodbridge, VA 22191
GM: Paul Smyth
Phone: (888) 366-3311
Fax: (703) 783-8488

Here's my experiences thus far:

Given the recent announcement Friday, and knowing it was coming, I have been trying to purchase (pre-order) a Camaro from a strong, reputable dealer in the metro area of Washington, DC. The two largest that I know in my area are Koons and Lindsay, so I went to them. Koons just sold one at 15k over MSRP and is now looking for 5k over MSRP on pre-orders. Lindsay is looking for 10k over MSRP, and won't pre-order until June.

Seriously? Why the hell are people paying 10k over MSRP for a car TODAY? Has anyone payed attention to the economy? From what I can tell unemployment is down, people are loosing their retirements, 401Ks, and other investments. Yet, people are going to Chevrolet dealerships, and financing a Camaro for 10k over MSRP? Give me a break, this only adds fuel to the fire of what is happening in the domestic auto industry.

Next, what is going on with Chevrolet that they can't produce cars? The auto manufacturer has supposedly pre-sold 14k cars of one make and model. But they can't deliver? The manufacturing processes, management, etc. has got to change or our beloved US auto manufacturers are going to completely tank. With today's technology, efficiencies, and manpower, Chevrolet still has a problem? I recently ordered 100 iPods for a few employees at my company and I added custom engraving. I placed the order at 11AM on a Wednesday. Apple does not manufacture a product until it is physically ordered and cash has been received. I recieved a FedEx notification Thursday and received all of the iPods Friday afternoon, shipped from Shanghai. It's the same process just on a SMALL scale. And if you seriously think it's not, then you need to look at your calendar and realize it is 2009, not 1969.

I'm probably going to be killed on this forum for posting this but I seriously had to get this off my chest.
carbonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote