Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 04-19-2023, 11:58 AM   #26377
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Miss those times as well. Here's another trip down memory lane.
2012 Camaro corral at the Glen Sahlen's weekend. It was the one where John Fitzgerald, the Marketing Manager for Corvette and Camaro Racing brought the soon to be released ZL1 vert show car to the corral and hung out with us for the day.
Name:  DSC_0309-1.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  140.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0330-2.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  145.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0317-1.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  138.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0334-1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  192.2 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 04:06 PM   #26378
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Some nice prizes on that table!!
Old 07-05-2023, 03:59 PM   #26379
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
Hi everyone!
Sorry I haven't been active on here, the last year has been crazy.
Anything going on this summer?
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2023, 06:53 AM   #26380
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Hey all! It makes me sad how this thread has really died out. I know life goes on, and everybody gets busy. But I hope a few of you are still active. Let's kickstart some conversation:
  • Anybody got winter mods planned?
  • Anybody interested in a Watkins Glen get together in the spring to drive the track?
  • How about a trip to the drag strip?
  • Anybody interested in joining us with their car for "Modern Muscle Sunday" at the Syracuse Nationals in 2024?

I'll go first. No winter mods planned, 2023 has not been kind to budgets and so I was happy to just make it through the season enjoying the car at a few meets, cruises, and at the track in the fall. At some point I'll get this bugger into the 10s while it's still naturally aspirated, and then I'll look towards a centrifugal supercharger... but it won't be next year.

I'd love to see us get a group to meet up and cruise to the Glen for some paced laps. I'm not sure it would be what it used to be, but it's a great time regardless, and sure does dredge up some nice UpstateC5 memories.

I'd also love to get you guys out to the drag-strip. It may be a little intimidating to some, but it's really not a big deal, and it's an absolute blast learning what your car is capable of. I'd be a happy and willing coach to anybody interested - I'm by no means a pro, but I've been at it for a lot of years now and know my way around both the track and what it takes to get our variety of car down in one piece and quickly.

We had a small contingent of 5th gens at the Syracuse National's this year, and it was great to be there with some 5th gen friends. I'd love to see that grow and would be happy to help coordinate that as the time gets closer.

I hope some of ya'll chime in with updates. And have a very Merry Chirstmas!
Attached Images

GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!

Last edited by acammer; 12-13-2023 at 07:08 AM.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:40 AM   #26381
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
I would like to get my car to the strip. Never had it on one. The last time I was at a drag strip was so long ago when i had a turbo 4 banger. keep us posted on the Syracuse nationals i wouldn't mind coming.

Walkings glen sounds like fun also.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 04:55 AM   #26382
ride4mud

Drives: 2011 2SS Vert
No upgrades planned this winter. Car is tucked away on the lift. Watkins Glenn sounds like a great time! Never dragged but willing to give it a shot.

Have been thinking about tuning out the AFM in the spring. I currently have electronic things doing the job (AFM disabler and throttle controller). Any suggestions on tuning shops around the Utica area?

Happy Holidays to everyone!
Old 12-15-2023, 06:34 AM   #26383
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I believe Andrew has a shop he likes near Utica, I have not been on the Watkins Glenn track since 2014 or 15 I would like to go back and with a bunch of Camaros it would be better.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 06:58 AM   #26384
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4mud View Post
No upgrades planned this winter. Car is tucked away on the lift. Watkins Glenn sounds like a great time! Never dragged but willing to give it a shot.

Have been thinking about tuning out the AFM in the spring. I currently have electronic things doing the job (AFM disabler and throttle controller). Any suggestions on tuning shops around the Utica area?

Happy Holidays to everyone!
Man, you have the gem of LS shops right in your backyard! New Age HotRod's in New York Mills is top tier when it comes to LS powered toys. Josh and Joe are some of the best wrenches and tuners in the area, and many will travel a lot further than you'd have to in order to have them work on their pride and joy. They've had their hands all over my car along it's journey, and I've always been extremely pleased with their work. I consider them second to none. If you want me to make an introduction, I'd be happy to.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Old 12-15-2023, 02:40 PM   #26385
vinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Hey all! It makes me sad how this thread has really died out. I know life goes on, and everybody gets busy. But I hope a few of you are still active. Let's kickstart some conversation:
  • Anybody got winter mods planned?
  • Anybody interested in a Watkins Glen get together in the spring to drive the track?
  • How about a trip to the drag strip?
  • Anybody interested in joining us with their car for "Modern Muscle Sunday" at the Syracuse Nationals in 2024?

I'll go first. No winter mods planned, 2023 has not been kind to budgets and so I was happy to just make it through the season enjoying the car at a few meets, cruises, and at the track in the fall. At some point I'll get this bugger into the 10s while it's still naturally aspirated, and then I'll look towards a centrifugal supercharger... but it won't be next year.

I'd love to see us get a group to meet up and cruise to the Glen for some paced laps. I'm not sure it would be what it used to be, but it's a great time regardless, and sure does dredge up some nice UpstateC5 memories.

I'd also love to get you guys out to the drag-strip. It may be a little intimidating to some, but it's really not a big deal, and it's an absolute blast learning what your car is capable of. I'd be a happy and willing coach to anybody interested - I'm by no means a pro, but I've been at it for a lot of years now and know my way around both the track and what it takes to get our variety of car down in one piece and quickly.

We had a small contingent of 5th gens at the Syracuse National's this year, and it was great to be there with some 5th gen friends. I'd love to see that grow and would be happy to help coordinate that as the time gets closer.

I hope some of ya'll chime in with updates. And have a very Merry Chirstmas!
My plan is to finally get carplay installed, car runs awesome thanks to you!!
Merry Christmas all!!!!
Old 12-15-2023, 03:15 PM   #26386
Joe.G

Andrew are they a full on shop, Do they set up rears and what not as well? Dyno tune? We have spoken about this before but I am getting old lol.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 12-15-2023, 08:13 PM   #26387
ride4mud

Drives: 2011 2SS Vert
Quote:
Man, you have the gem of LS shops right in your backyard! New Age HotRod's in New York Mills is top tier when it comes to LS powered toys. Josh and Joe are some of the best wrenches and tuners in the area, and many will travel a lot further than you'd have to in order to have them work on their pride and joy. They've had their hands all over my car along it's journey, and I've always been extremely pleased with their work. I consider them second to none. If you want me to make an introduction, I'd be happy to.
Thanks for the info!
Old 12-18-2023, 08:54 AM   #26388
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Andrew are they a full on shop, Do they set up rears and what not as well? Dyno tune? We have spoken about this before but I am getting old lol.
They do pretty much everything - but they do not do rear end setups. I commend them on knowing where to draw the line, that's a bit of a specialty job for these cars. They do excellent dyno work, I would say that's probably their single biggest "talent" - their tuning is second to none. Anybody can make horsepower, but they will comb through all of the driveability items, leaving no stone unturned to maximize that as well.
Old 12-18-2023, 03:57 PM   #26389
vinman

Quote:
They do pretty much everything - but they do not do rear end setups. I commend them on knowing where to draw the line, that's a bit of a specialty job for these cars. They do excellent dyno work, I would say that's probably their single biggest "talent" - their tuning is second to none. Anybody can make horsepower, but they will comb through all of the driveability items, leaving no stone unturned to maximize that as well.
Not to mention they are just plain awesome people too
Old 12-18-2023, 04:00 PM   #26390
Joe.G

I'll reach out at some point and get their contact information.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,