Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-01-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
JANNETTY RACING SCT REV.-2017 CUSTOM TUNING INSTRUCTIONS

JANNETTY RACING CUSTOM TUNE INSTRUCTIONS

When you purchase an SCT X4 hand held tuner or any SCT device from me, you get One 93 or One 91 Octane tune for stock vehicle equipped with any CAI and any Cat Back for your 2010-16 Camaro FREE.

EXCLUSIONS apply for headers, cams, superchargers, nitrous and other vehicles. Custom tuning for excluded items are available at an additional cost. See options on our website or contact me via e-mail for a quote.

Additional tunes with minor changes are available AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE for $60.00 and up, each. i.e. a second tune for 91 Octane.

Your new SCT X4 will come to you blank. You will need to connect the device to your car and upload the stock tune file. Here is how: 1) Sit in the car 2) Close the door 3) Turn off all accessories and unplug any devices from the power ports I.e. cell phones, radar detectors, navigation etc. 4) Plug the device in to your OBDII port 5) Select Program Vehicle. 6). use the down arrow and scroll down to UPLOAD STOCK. It will prompt you to turn on the key. 7) Turn the key on, but do NOT start. 8) Wait for the dinging to stop and hit select.

Note 1: Upload Stock will not disable your vehicle it only makes a copy of the stock file.

Note 2: On some vehicles, you may get prompted to make a selection of ECM and TCM The 2010-2015 Camaro uses E-38 and None for manual cars, E-38 and T-43 for automatic cars, for other vehicles call or email me.

To get the tune file off the device you will need Software called SCT Device Updater software. https://www.sctflash.com/support and download the software for FREE. Install this in your home or laptop computer before you connect the device to your computer.

After you install the software, open it up and connect your SCT device to your computer. The drivers should install automatically. Then, click on ‘Get Stock File’, click browse, find your desktop, and then click save.

On your desktop there will be 2 to 3 files. ONLY Select the one with your VinNumber.sul and email it to me at tedj@jannettyracing.com along with your full name, address, phone number(s), and all vehicle information. Year, make, model, engine, transmission, list of performance modifications and preferred octane of your choice. Most common are 93 or 91.

Please include cold air kit brand and part number if equipped.

*PLEASE RE READ LAST STEP! I CANNOT TUNE YOUR CAR WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION. EVERYONE SEEMS TO FORGET OCTANE REQUIREMENT.*

Once I receive an e-mail with all of the vital information, I will then send you back a custom tune file for your modifications.

When you receive a response, save the file to your desktop. The name of the file will be YOUR NAME JRE TUNE.cef

Again, open SCT device updater software. Connect your SCT device and select ‘Load Custom Tune File’. Browse to your tune file and select it. Then, select a position 1, then name it anything you like. I.E. ‘JRE Tune’. Click on program. You will see the progress bar at the bottom go green. Exit when finished.

Connect to your car. Select ‘Program Vehicle’, scroll to Custom Tunes, select ‘JRE Tune’ and follow the on screen prompts.

Data Logging

I have developed dyno proven tunes for all of the products I sell. Unless I instruct you to do so, data logging will NOT be necessary.

If I instruct you to data log your car, you will need LiveLink Gen II software to do so. You can download the software free here: https://www.sctflash.com/support

The best way I’ve found to data log is to use a laptop on the seat. First, start the car. Next, open the LiveLink Gen II software. Then, connect the X3 or X4 to your laptop. Then, connect the X3 or X4 to the OBDII port of the car. Start the car, Then, you will follow the on screen prompts. (I want to data log my car) after you have gone through the steps a list of PIDs will come up, you will have to scroll through them selecting the items below.

Even thought they may not be named exactly as I listed them, I want you to select the following. However, try not to select anything that is not listed or anything that are doubles of any of the items listed below.

You may have to test several PIDs to see which ones work best or work at all on your car.

Engine RPM - RPM
MAP-Intkman abs prss
FUEL PRESSURE
ECT engine coolant temp – ecteng clt tmp
TPS throttle position or pedal position – acc pdl pos 1s
IAT intake air temp or Air intake temp – intk Airtmp
MAF Mass Air flow Hz – Maffre 125
TIMING spark cylinder 1 – ign Tim Adv4#1cyl
KNOCK RETARD – knk ret
Vehicle speed Kph–?
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 1 – ltf tri b1
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 2 – ltf tri b2

NOTE, Cars with boost will need an AFR gauge, SCT Firewire, and will need to select the Analog Channel you wired the Wide band AFR gauge to, Either Red or Orange.

Depending on the Brand of gauge you will need to select the tools tab in Livelink Gen II then equations, on the right you will see a list of aftermarket AFR gauges Select your brand and part number, and then apply it to your Analog Channel.

Test the logging to make sure all the PIDs are working, and that the AFR displayed in Livelink Gen II Analog channel, Matches the AFR readings on your Gauge.

If they do not match something is wrong and must be fixed before any logging it done.

Please ONLY select the PIDs listed! Extra PIDs slow down data logging and gives me useless information.

Once you have your PIDs configured and working, you can go to File/save/Configuration, Save to your Desktop for future Logging.

BEFORE LOGGING WITH THE CAR IDLEING, YOU MUST HOLD THE TRACTION CONTROL BUTTON DOWN FOR 8 SECONDS TO DISABLE THE TRACTION CONTROL AND STABILTRAK SO THEY DON’T INTERFERE WITH LOGGING.

ALSO PLEASE MAKE SURE THE CAR IS FULLY WARMED UP BEFORE LOGGING.

Find an open road somewhere, 1/2 mile or so long would be great. From a stop, drive the car about Very light throttle up to 5000 rpm, coast down to a slow roll and repeat 3-4 times, Manual cars do this in 3rd gear, and Automatic cars in paddle mode use 3rd gear on the Gen 5 and 4th gear on the Gen6.

Then repeat about up to 5500 RPM. Speeding is not recommended or necessary.

Boosted Cars; Do NOT go in to boost until I give the OK to do so.

Stop and save the data log as (Your Name log 1.csv) Number each one consecutively and save to your desktop.

E-mail me the log files along with your full name, address, phone number(s), and all vehicle information. I.E. year, make, model, engine, transmission, and a list of performance modifications, octane burned.
Include any comments you may think are helpful!

*PLEASE RE READ THIS STEP, I CAN NOT REFINE YOUR TUNE WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION.*

Please do not assume I will know who you are by your forum screen name, what kind of car you drive, or what your mods are. I deal with 50-100 people per day so I must have all of your info right in front of me in ONE email so I can properly write or refine your tune.

Your cooperation in reading, understanding and following these directions will make this a very pleasant experience for the both of us!

After tuning the light throttle ranges, most bolt on vehicles do not require further data logging.

In the event of Cams, Superchargers, NOS, or combinations thereof, I may instruct you to do wide open throttle runs at the racetrack or on the Dyno with a wide band AFR meter or a vehicle installed AFR gauge connected to your SCT device via a firewire. Log these runs, I will view and refine the WOT part of the tune, and then we are finished.

JRE TUNE UPDATES

Any time requesting tune update due to changes in part combinations you will need to provide me with the following info in order for me to provide an updated tune.

Full name, address, phone number(s), and all vehicle information. I.E. year, make, model, engine, transmission, list of performance modifications OLD, and list of performance modifications NEW and preferred octane.

I do not need your vinnumber.sul file as I have it in my data base.

I need to know if you purchased your new parts from JRE to qualify for the free tune update, proof of purchase like order number or invoice number is required.

Thank you for choosing JRE,
Ted.

FAQ https://www.sctflash.com/support/kno...se?category=X4

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 06-05-2017 at 09:33 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
BEECHFRONT

Drives: 2013-ZL1, 69-Z28, 71-CHEVELLE SS
So your saying on manual start out in 3rd gear and stay in 3rd gear when logging?
2019 HELLCAT REDEYE WB
69-Z28, LSA SWAP, T56 MAGNUM
71-CHEVELLE SS, 496 STROKER TH400
BEECHFRONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:22 PM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEECHFRONT View Post
So your saying on manual start out in 3rd gear and stay in 3rd gear when logging?
No sir, you would start out in 1st shift to second then shift to third, then very light throttle sweep up through the RPM range.

Ted.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
BEECHFRONT

Drives: 2013-ZL1, 69-Z28, 71-CHEVELLE SS
Find an open road somewhere, 1/2 mile or so long would be great. From a stop, drive the car about Very light throttle up to 5000 rpm, coast down to a slow roll and repeat 3-4 times, Manual cars do this in 3rd gear, and Automatic cars in paddle mode use 3rd gear on the Gen 5 and 4th gear on the Gen6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
No sir, you would start out in 1st shift to second then shift to third, then very light throttle sweep up through the RPM range.

Ted.
Ok just a little confused by the 3rd gear statement in the instructions, guess it applies to the coasting to a slow roll part in 3rd gear.
2019 HELLCAT REDEYE WB
69-Z28, LSA SWAP, T56 MAGNUM
71-CHEVELLE SS, 496 STROKER TH400
BEECHFRONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #5
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Several used SCT tuners are for sale on Camaro5 with your tunes on them. If I pick one up to save a few bucks, will it upload your tunes to my car? I plan on putting a cam in later and will need another tune from you. How would I purchase another tune?
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:20 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
Several used SCT tuners are for sale on Camaro5 with your tunes on them. If I pick one up to save a few bucks, will it upload your tunes to my car? I plan on putting a cam in later and will need another tune from you. How would I purchase another tune?
The Tuner is useful if the last person returned the vehicle stock tune back into the car, this UN Marries the device so it can be used on another car.

Custom tunes are Vin specific and can not be used on another car.

Custom JRE Tunes are purchased via this email tedj@jannettyracing.com following these instructions.

Cost for tunes are based on vehicle engine trans and mod list.

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #7
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Ted, thank you for the quick reply. I am starting to understand the process involved.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
Ted, thank you for the quick reply. I am starting to understand the process involved.
Always glad to help.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:29 PM   #9
maxx210

Drives: EVERYTHING BLACK 1SS/RS
Ted, I was curious if there was a power package for LTH's and SCT. I already have a RotoFab CAI. I also wasn't sure if the free tune for purchasing products from you excluded the extra tuning required for the VMAXX ported throttle body I also have which I assume that tuning fee would be tacked on with purchase. Thanks for you help.
maxx210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:59 PM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx210 View Post
Ted, I was curious if there was a power package for LTH's and SCT. I already have a RotoFab CAI. I also wasn't sure if the free tune for purchasing products from you excluded the extra tuning required for the VMAXX ported throttle body I also have which I assume that tuning fee would be tacked on with purchase. Thanks for you help.
We can custom tailor any power package you like combining parts and brands to suit your needs, all parts purchased from JRE are supported with FREE Custom tuning.

Please give us a call, we stock everything Camaro.

Ted.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Bump for the new guys.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:30 PM   #12
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Ted I purchased a SCTX4 tuner (not from you) and it has a sticker on it that says "Warranty Void". Do you know why this would be on it? It was supposed to be brand new.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:22 AM   #13
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Hey Ted, I know your busy at your shop, I just wanted to know how long it takes for you to send out a tune after you get all the information you need?
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:25 AM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Ted I purchased a SCTX4 tuner (not from you) and it has a sticker on it that says "Warranty Void". Do you know why this would be on it? It was supposed to be brand new.
Yes there is a window behind that sticker that is used for Flashing the chip on the device and if you remove it the warranty is voided.