Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #85
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Obviously the mods are all at C5 fest.
LOL, now it all makes sense.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #86
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigssc View Post
hahah ooh my bad.. yeah i dont know what some of these people want. im sorry for speaking my mind i wont make another thread about my opinion, i forgot this isnt america this is communist camaro5 where if u give an opinion you get your balls cut off.

Unfortunately, this isn't Facebook where ones "friends" like every piece of mental vomit one spews like it's a Pulitzer Prize worthy, work of art.

When a thread is opened to discuss a topic in the form of a question or as an invitation to discuss a topic there is an implied respect for a differing opinion. This is the purpose of the forum.

However, when you open a thread with your opinion as the topic, you have to be aware that it's not the subject of your topic that will be debated but the subject of your opinion, and that never ends well.

In this case your topic was the question of whether the 2014's are worth trading in an older model, simply by virtue of the visual changes. However, what you did by posting your opinion as a thread topic was communicated that your opinion on the matter was a worthy subject of discussion for its own thread, and the topic was not up for debate.

You can see that there is a conflict in those two messages. In the future, if you wish for your opinions to be respected, then you must respect the possibility someone might disagree and avoid making your opinion the subject up for debate. In other words bring a topic up for discussion and not your opinion of a topic.

If you simply want everyone to pat you on the back for spewing your drivel...Post it on Facebook.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #87
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Drives: MANual
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Unfortunately, this isn't Facebook where ones "friends" like every piece of mental vomit one spews like it's a Pulitzer Prize worthy, work of art.

When a thread is opened to discuss a topic in the form of a question or as an invitation to discuss a topic there is an implied respect for a differing opinion. This is the purpose of the forum.

However, when you open a thread with your opinion as the topic, you have to be aware that it's not the subject of your topic that will be debated but the subject of your opinion, and that never ends well.

In this case your topic was the question of whether the 2014's are worth trading in an older model, simply by virtue of the visual changes. However, what you did by posting your opinion as a thread topic was communicated that your opinion on the matter was a worthy subject of discussion for its own thread, and the topic was not up for debate.

You can see that there is a conflict in those two messages. In the future, if you wish for your opinions to be respected, then you must respect the possibility someone might disagree and avoid making your opinion the subject up for debate. In other words bring a topic up for discussion and not your opinion of a topic.

If you simply want everyone to pat you on the back for spewing your drivel...Post it on Facebook.
I bet you got an A in LA.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #88
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
How do you feel about people that traded earlier Camaros to get a 13 because it had more features available than their 10, 11, or 12 models? They all still looked the same, just had upgrades in features for the most part. The 14's have not only gotten new features but new looks too. I see nothing wrong that anyone would want to trade for a new car whatever their reason.
By the way many people do like the looks of the 14 and not just to "Fit In" as you put it.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #89
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Leader View Post
I bet you got an A in LA.
Nope. I failed almost everything. Most of the time I just got bored and stopped going.

But I never failed a test.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #90
jesse10

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
at you making an ass out of yourself, bigssc.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #91
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Perhaps this is more your type

Old 08-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #92
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I know a lot of people that trade in their leased cars every 2-3 years faithfully. They never want to deal with use car repairs and are happy to pay the monthy lease price.

Personally, I like the 2010-13 better but that's just me. That's why I have a 2010 SSRS in my garage.

TO those that want to trade in their '10-'13 for a '14, so be it, hope they are happy with the new ride, I am sure they are sweet. About the only 2014 that I want is the new vette stingray.

To each their own.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #93
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts

Nick C.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #94
bigssc
Account Suspended

Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
haha all this drama.. 1st world problems for sure.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #95
bigssc
Account Suspended

Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
ok the thread is dead everyone have a good weekend! this is pointless just like the thread was to begin with!

Closed Thread