Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #29
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
would love to but worried about my warrenty ( i know gay) but im gonna call my service manager on monday because hes a pretty strait forward guy and was recommending me do elec cut outs and other stuff so id like to seewhat he says about long tubes becuase if i had that option i wouldnt care about shortys at all , btw i think i remember seeing a video you posted and your car sounds sweet

If your state has tight emissions, shorties may be your only option, neither headers voids warranty. I am still waiting on my SLP tuned Diablo sport II, and I have not had a code CEL yet. Couple hundred miles now on my SLP long tubes.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #30
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
If your state has tight emissions, shorties may be your only option, neither headers voids warranty. I am still waiting on my SLP tuned Diablo sport II, and I have not had a code CEL yet. Couple hundred miles now on my SLP long tubes.
not sure on how the emissions are here been "getting" by for a long time and this will be the car id like to keep legit
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #31
Black LS3

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijanmaleki View Post
As said, shorties are not going to be much; only worth it if very emissions conscious (ie. California). ARH headers and a tune made a significant difference in our car.
BIJanmaleki or Anyone,...

Would a SuperChips Hand Held Tuner be a Good Enough Tuner to Tune these ARH Headers and Handle any Codes that these might Throw or Do You Have to get a Custom Tune Only?

And What Size Box does that Whole ARH LT Header Exhaust Kit Come Delivered In? Are the Parts All Bolted or Welded Together Already or What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypurone View Post
So not true! Unless you consider 18-20 out of the box with no other mods nothing (HP will be more if the engine can breathe!). That's more than 50% of LT's without the hassle of codes and required tuning to remove those codes. Plus the 35ft lbs of torque...

http://www.camaro5.com/?p=1470

I can tell you from FHE they make a huge difference. I have them on my L99. Things got even better after the C.A.I unit was installed.

Where's the love?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypurone View Post
What? A dyno sheet showing the gains isn't enough for you?

If you follow the link you would have seen it here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31399
I hate threads that people dont finish.
He posts a Dyno Sheet showing the Numbers from DT Headers and says that he is going to get his Car Dyno'ed on Dyno Day and Post his Results But NEVER Does.

1 Sheet of Proof is Nice,... 2 or 3 Sheets of Proof is A Lot Better.
I'd get Shorty Headers if I could see More Proof.

It just Bugs the Hell out of me when someone doesnt Finish their threads and the Last Post was Back in August `09 and I didnt find a new thread Started having Anything to do with Dyno Results that I could find.
That Sucks.
Magnaflow 2.50" Tru-X X-Pipe.
AirAid Cold Air Intake System.

11.21.09 1100 Order Accepted At Dealer - 11.24.09 2000 Accepted At GM - 11.25.09 2500 Preferenced - 12.03.09 3000 Production Control Notes: 01/11/2010 - 12.17.09 3400 Order Broadcast - 01.13.10 3800 Order Produced VIN # 2G1FT1E - 01.25.10 4000 Available to Ship from Rail Yard by Truck - 01.27.10 5000 Delivered to the Dealership - 01-27-10 6000 Delivered to Customer.

Last edited by Black LS3; 01-10-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Black LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #32
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
wasnt that dyno from dt though? thats kinda like the cold air intake companys claiming one thing and teds test showing otherwise
I can see where you are coming. Yes it is. But look at it this way. DT has been around a long time and a favorite in the muscle car tuning scene. It would be stupid and suicidal to overstate something like this cause it would kill your business in the end. They wouldn't still be around and a major player with that kind of thought process.

Just my .02 on it. And my car rips with 'em on, so it's good enough for me.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #33
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I think,maybe I'm wrong, what Black LS3 is saying is you can not go by your "butt dyno" as it has the placebo effect.
Several members on here have stated how their Camaros gained HP and TQ after their first oil change http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=woke. It was immediately felt. I doubt it. I could list other examles but I don't want to embarrass anyone. The CAI thread should have been enough to see how much many manufactures are off (putting it nicely) in what their product will produce. For some, long tubes are not an option, but if you want to make power, long tubes! Unfortunately, a manufacturer who may mis-state their product's gain (whatever product it is ) will adversely effect other manufacturers. As they say , " Go with the name you trust" i.e. companies with an excellent reputation or a member's dyno result in any products.

Last edited by PieNsky; 01-10-2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: KY grammar
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #34
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Are headers really a big improvement on this car (V-8 L99). The exhaust manifold is huge from the factory and i am just not sure how much of a difference it would make. I'm thinking about changing the cold air intake, swapping out the mufflers for something a little more throaty and giving it a nice tune. What do you guys think?
Out of the 4 most popular bolt ons, CAI, headers,Tuner and Exhaust, Headers give the biggest Gain, then CAI, Tuner, and Exhaust is questionable since I have never seen any gains from exhaust, but they do sound Cool.

Everyone has to take in to consideration they're local Emission Laws, if you live in a state that does California type emission testing then you should stay away from any cat forward exhaust system mods.

The best Mod I can think of for Emission State cars is Boost.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #35
hypurone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Everyone has to take in to consideration they're local Emission Laws, if you live in a state that does California type emission testing then you should stay away from any cat forward exhaust system mods.
Ted.
A moot point for Cali if they are CARB approved and are supplied with the corresponding EO #. Not sure about other states rules. The DT's have an EO# and have the number on a plate welded to the header.

Now, I WANT MY BOOST DAMMIT! But not gonna happen til GM certifies a unit for us...
Old 01-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #36
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
A moot point for Cali if they are CARB approved and are supplied with the corresponding EO #. Not sure about other states rules. The DT's have an EO# and have the number on a plate welded to the header.

Now, I WANT MY BOOST DAMMIT! But not gonna happen til GM certifies a unit for us...
The only header that can possibly get a CARB approval will be a Shorty as no movment or replacement of the cats are allowed.

I dont' Believe GM will ever Certify a Supercharger for your car and still have warrantee coverage, there is far too much Red Tape for EPA emissions certification, The OEs have it the hardest.

Ted.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #37
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I need longtubes
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #38
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I need longtubes
I have lots of Longtubes.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #39
hypurone

Quote:
The only header that can possibly get a CARB approval will be a Shorty as no movment or replacement of the cats are allowed. YUP! Which is the main reason I went that route...

I dont' Believe GM will ever Certify a Supercharger for your car and still have warrantee coverage, there is far too much Red Tape for EPA emissions certification, The OEs have it the hardest. Really? Hasn't it been done for other GM cars like the corvette, cobalt, cavalier, sunfire etc??

Ted.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Really? Hasn't it been done for other GM cars like the corvette, cobalt, cavalier, sunfire etc??
That would mean your Waiting for another Car not a supercharger.

GM has Never offered a Supercharger Kit that is both emissions, and Warranty Certified.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #41
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
Don't forget about the mail order tuning options guys. I've seen time & time again where hand held programmers don't add the power you'd expect. With a mail order tune you get a tune build specifically for your mods. Not only that most places do just like we do & also offer free re-tunes. Not bad for just about $200.......
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #42
hypurone

Quote:
That would mean your Waiting for another Car not a supercharger.

GM has Never offered a Supercharger Kit that is both emissions, and Warranty Certified.
Bummer! :bangdesk:

Guess I'll have to wait 2 years and have Callaway or LPE do the upgrade as they offer a 3/36 warranty on their stuff and anything that it damages if there is a failure.