Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
chrislhardin
Kalel7

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2 Victory Red
Injen CAI installation and Statistics for V6

I have some questions about installing an Injen CAI into my V6.

Is it difficult to install? What are the steps? Does it void the warranty? Does anyone have any statistics about the performance increase? What can I expect?
chrislhardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
I can't speak for the V-6, however, I just finished the Injen install on my 2SS LS3. I had to remove the drivers wheel to gain access to the washer fluids mounting bolts, wiring harness. Once the new washer bottle was installed, it was then off to the actual cold air intake. As with most, removing the factory air box kit is a piece of cake, then place the necessary rubber bracket onto the throttle body and tighten the first strap, then install the tube making sure the new rubber gromet goes into the factory rubber gromet on the frame rail and loosley tighten the bracket. Attach the Injen tube to the coupler on the throttle body tighten the clamp and then move to the frame rail and tighten the rubber grommett. Attach the filter and replace inner fender, wheel and lower the car back down tightning lug nuts to 140 ft/lbs tq. Back underneath hood, attach the catch box to the Injen cold tube and attach the other side to the inlet of the valve cover on the passenger side (where the factory line was removed). start the car, check for leaks being very careful around the pulleys. I know on the V-8 it is an increase of 21hp and 18 lb/tq not sure on the V-6 model. Hope this helps. I will be posting pics soon of my install.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Today I completed my install of my Injen system that arrived today from, http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61A2810A0A0.aspx

The system was rather easy to install, taking about 90 minutes. They provided the most detailed and easy to follow instructions I have ever seen for any type of project. Everything fit extremely well.

I took the Camaro for a ride after the install and it felt like there was some more snap. Too early to tell since I didn’t have a great chance to run it from the hole. I was able to feel the 2nd and 3rd gear pulls on the highway.

Again many thanks to all those who bought this system before me and expressed how good this system works for the Camaro.
Attached Images

Last edited by rtcat600man; 11-03-2010 at 05:44 AM.
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
scrming posted a detailed thread on testing the Injen a short while back with nice positive results. Search and you shall recieve.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
I installed mine in about an hour. But i already had my engine cover, the wheels and inner fender wells off, and all the tools laid out well before hand. The directions are a bit off, some of those nuts they say to take off use a 13, instead of a 10mm. wasnt very hard to do at all.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 AM   #6
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
heres a few
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2010, 04:47 AM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I installed mine in about an hour. But i already had my engine cover, the wheels and inner fender wells off, and all the tools laid out well before hand. The directions are a bit off, some of those nuts they say to take off use a 13, instead of a 10mm. wasnt very hard to do at all.

Your are correct about the bolt and nut sizes. I noticed that too, but wrote that off as a change that GM made after the initial instructions were written. Certainly didn't slow me down any.

The 90 minutes was from the time I got out of my car to the time I started it when completed. I had no tools out yet, nothing out of the box, this includes taking the time to take pictures. Also I needed to get my floor jack out and set-up to make sure I did no damage to the jacking point. Someone wrote a great tip which was to use a hockey puck I stacked two of those up and it worked GREAT.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #8
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Your are correct about the bolt and nut sizes. I noticed that too, but wrote that off as a change that GM made after the initial instructions were written. Certainly didn't slow me down any.

The 90 minutes was from the time I got out of my car to the time I started it when completed. I had no tools out yet, nothing out of the box, this includes taking the time to take pictures. Also I needed to get my floor jack out and set-up to make sure I did no damage to the jacking point. Someone wrote a great tip which was to use a hockey puck I stacked two of those up and it worked GREAT.

Thx for the pictures. Nice to hear positive comments about this. The only thing tnat is making me want to wait a bit was this... How hard is it to clean the filter? Do I have to pop the wheel off every time to get at it? I know it would only be a few times a year but if AirRaid ever figures out there product I will really have to think long and hard about which one to buy?

Tell me what you think.

Wizzer
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Thx for the pictures. Nice to hear positive comments about this. The only thing tnat is making me want to wait a bit was this... How hard is it to clean the filter? Do I have to pop the wheel off every time to get at it? I know it would only be a few times a year but if AirRaid ever figures out there product I will really have to think long and hard about which one to buy?

Tell me what you think.

Wizzer

According to the instructions from Injen, the filter should be cleaned every 25,000 miles unless it is in a dirty , dusty environment. For me that means each spring I will pull the wheels and open the wheel liner, take the filter off, it was a clean it with a vacuum and brush off the dirty spots. Seemed like for a once a year cleaning it was no big deal to me. Probably want to do some spring clean-up anyway. Just include the filter with it.

I went with the INJEN, because I did not want to wait anymore, the price was better by 50 bucks or so, INJEN is not redesigning there tube, the air is coming from below not heat soaked, the IAT sensor can remain stock according to Scrmng's findings. All this added up to take the extra hour for a real CAI system convinced me to pull the trigger on this system.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
I heard that you dont need to take the driver side wheel off. All you have to do is turn the steering wheels to the right and there was enough room. For the people that installed, is this true?

i ask because i dont have a car jack.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #11
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangjf7 View Post
I heard that you dont need to take the driver side wheel off. All you have to do is turn the steering wheels to the right and there was enough room. For the people that installed, is this true?

i ask because i dont have a car jack.
I installed with the wheel still in place.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #12
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I installed with the wheel still in place.
+1
Old 07-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #13
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I just completed my install... I did disconnect the battery but I did not remove the tire... Took about 1 1/2 hours by myself and it looks great... I went with the black wrinkled look and will post photos soon...

Easy install and I am mechanically dumb...
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I just intalled mine yesterday.. Was a piece of cake. But again, I already had my fascia and wheel wells removed. I also didn't have to remove the drivers side wheel... With the fascia and wheel well of it was easy enough without removing the wheel at all.

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote