Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #43
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
That is all well and good for Hyundai...but I have worked on Korean cars after an accident...(that is, if they are not TOTALED) trust me, you want a GM car surrounding your azz rather than a Hyundai. Besides the fact that the Asians still can't design an attractive car IMO. Go Camaro!:flag2:
I'm sure there are Asians working at GM too, but I guess they must not be allowed anywhere near the design teams.

Who was the designer of the Camaro concept? ..... hmmm........
If you don't know, it's Sangyup Lee. AND HE IS KOREAN TO BOOT!!! that's Irony if I've ever seen it.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #44
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
OHHH SHIZZZ evil twin LOL hahahah
Old 03-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #45
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I'm sure there are Asians working at GM too, but I guess they must not be allowed anywhere near the design teams.

If you don't know, it's Sangyup Lee. AND HE IS KOREAN TO BOOT!!! that's Irony if I've ever seen it.
i might be wrong but isnt he an american citizen? and there is no doubt that he understands american culture considering the design he came up with.

and i dont think the genesis coupe was designed by an asian (to whoever said asians can't design)....
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #46
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:

I meant the Asian car manufacturers...good grief!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #47
eddiehaskell

Drives: Pinto
Price wise, the V6 Camaro competes more with the 4cyl Genesis.
eddiehaskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #48
1982camaro

Drives: 1982 camaro
asians can't design cars? wtf?

i have heard many ludacris coments in camaro5, but this one is up there.

Supras, Skylines, Z's, GTR's, Lancers, STI's, NSX's, S2000's, Silvias, Preludes, etc.

these are some beautiful cars
1982camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 AM   #49
WootyMcBooty

Drives: 2003 Black Lincoln LS V8
The Genesis Coupe is a steaming pile. Lets compare some pictures

They decided for the front end they would copy one of the worst cars I have ever seen, the Toyota Solara.

Then they decided to take a huge ungainly chunk out of the rear quarter window for fun, as Jalopnik said once, 'what did the designer do? Sneeze right in the middle and just decide to go with it?'

Then, if you look at it head on, it looks like it honestly is retarded and cross-eyed.

I'm not going to make the "and its a Hyundai" statement because I can't back it up with anything that isn't just patriotic mumbo-jumbo, but lets just say I could see myself maaaaybe owning a Honda and not much else from the orient.

Sure its rear wheel drive, sure its got go fast parts but its essentially the equivalent of buying a scion, and who wants to tell the world that they went out and bought a scion.
WootyMcBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:27 AM   #50
vega$
Dreaming Big!

Drives: 06 Silverado CC 4x4 5.3L
Quote:
HAHA lets see. lets find out what looks almost exactly like it.

hmmm....
it's not the glass
it's not the body lines
it's not the headlights
it's not the fog lights
it's not the grill
it's not the wheel well lines
it's not the wheels
it's not the hood
it's not the gfx
it's not even the mirrors

what exactly are you looking at?? the emblem?

it's like saying the camaro's "hips" look "almost exactly" like the new eclipse

ok ok..maybe not "almost exactly"..
but who in their right mind would argue that the genesis looks like a newer and updated model of it..

compare your 03 mustang to a 95 mustang.. u gonna say they dont look alike either??
vega$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:06 AM   #51
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega$ View Post
ok ok..maybe not "almost exactly"..
but who in their right mind would argue that the genesis looks like a newer and updated model of it..

compare your 03 mustang to a 95 mustang.. u gonna say they dont look alike either??
It does, in some ways, look like a much newer, MUCH more updated Tiburon, but NOWHERE near "almost exactly."

a sunfire and firebird are much closer to "almost exactly."

Last edited by THE EVIL TW1N; 03-26-2009 at 02:29 AM.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #52
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
a sunfire and firebird are much closer to "almost exactly."
That's a perfect example to better explain where I'm(at least) coming from...how you view those two cars? Is how I view the Genesis and the Tiburon.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #53
iwannagofast
Paranormal Hunter

Drives: 1968 Chevy Caprice
I've driven two Hyundai Genesis Coupes. One 3.8 grand touring and the other a 3.8 track pack. Both slushboxes and I got to say both are close. It's got a nice interior as well as the camaro, but I gess it's preference between soft touch hard plastic and soft squishy plastic dash. I agree the coupe has a more euro feel and the camaro has that american feel of rocking out to ac/dc back in black. The track one I drove was black and I got to say in black it is definitely striking looking. You should have scene though look of sales guys face with me as he let me drive it back to the dealership on take off. I ripped into and spun the tires a bit and got the back in a bit loose as he stopped on the interstate at a emergency u to let me drive and with cars coming I needed to go and just wanted to see what it could do as I never got to do with the grand touring. Plus the sales guy was a young arrogant smarmy guy. It's what makes me not want to get new car having to deal with these type of sales guys. We need more like Camaro Scotty. But anyways... The traction control they put in it definitely is good. I would consider buying one, but I need to test drive the camaro to see what one I want more. That side by side pic though of the Genesis and Camaro definitely makes me want the camaro more as it is so sweet looking as I loved it since the Transformers movie and it still looks good. You'll get looks on the highway and more no matter how manys on the road. Plus having to say you're driving a hyundai to your friends is just to me a bit embarrasing no matter how much fun it is to drive. "I drive a Cough...Hyundai...Cough." Very Clarkson like.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #54
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Genesis is just another name but it's just the next gen Tiburon, probably using the same frame.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #55
perfxn

Drives: 2SS RS
lmao!! I drive a Cough...Hyundai...Cough." perfect example of perception equals reality, no matter what you do you cant run away from it!!
perfxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #56
lucerovski

Drives: '02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
Send a message via MSN to lucerovski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
That is all well and good for Hyundai...but I have worked on Korean cars after an accident...(that is, if they are not TOTALED) trust me, you want a GM car surrounding your azz rather than a Hyundai. Besides the fact that the Asians still can't design an attractive car IMO. Go Camaro!:flag2:
Asians in general, or Asian car companies doesn't matter. The Genesis was designed in Irvine California. The chief designer is named Joel Piaskowski. Which is funny because the Camaro was designed by a Korean. Everything is global.

Personally I don't like the Genesis, but that's just my opinion. It's too swoopy, and the glass in the quarter-panel is just odd.