Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #29
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
Modded or not, GM put a faulty part in his car and it failed. If they can't stand behind their cars, I'd suggest buying from another car company.
I was wondering how long it was going to take the trolls to come out.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #30
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

+1
Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #31
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
If the Service Manager did that then you can be sure he Branded your Vin. Whats that .... That means that any GM dealership who rund your Vin will see its been branded and all warranties have been voided. That Hurts is you ever decide to trade in your car ..... It also means that certain courtesies such as road side assistance are now null and void.
As for Taking GM to Court..... Im sorry to say this but as with all MFG thier pockets are deeper than yours.
I read and have been following your initial post and Having worked in a dealership man years I was curious but obviously not surprised at the outcome. I was rather intrigued and am sure you were handling this exercise as a "litmus test" of sorts considering it is a known failure. If you consider all you have done to your car and the obvious pride you have in it both asthetically and mechanically although it sucks its a speed bump when it comes to modding and owning a vehicle.........Now tow it out of there and go get it fixed ...Summer is coming

Brian
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #32
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
No offense but the top end of your engine has been apart. Yes there is a known issue with the pump but how do they know some mistake wasn't made in the cam or timing chain install, dirt got in the oil system, whatever. This is not to say Vengeance isn't a good place, they are but I'm just showing their perspective. The top end of the motor was taken apart by someone other than the dealership. You're done right there.

Not only that but not EVERY car has a faulty oil pump. Mine is as old as if not older than yours, with 25k hard miles on it and no oil pressure issues.

Gonna have to side with GM on this one, don't waste your time, money, or breath on fighting it.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #33
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
So is this the same as a air conditioner..Would that be considered part of the voided warranty? Seems a little extreme as an oil pump is not affected at all by HP or Torque. But this seems to be the new standard..Mod it and you own it...I pretty much told myself that months ago and it seems to take most of the stress away. And if it breaks I seek the absolute best solution to the weak point. Mossman...I love what you have done so far...dont get bogged down over an oil pump...just chalk it up as another part....good luck
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #34
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
That sucks but is consistent with GM's policy on tunes/ECM modification... basically voiding the entire powertrain warranty.

I don't know if this has ever been tested in court, but I doubt it. I bet that if you were to make a real show of legal force they would go ahead and fix your car. But that show of force would probably run you $20K or more...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #35
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

And just like that...

He's gone...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #36
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
That really sucks, OP. I'm sorry.

Btw, the language in the warranty denial doesn't even make sense in one of the sentences. You would think that such strong language would be expressed more clearly and in a more cogent manner. That's just low class to void someone's warranty and not even be able to write a proper sentence.

What state are you in?
Florida

Quote:
"Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back"

Nope. No violation of the act. You clearly voided your warranty.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
Should have saved yourself some keystrokes and typed 'you gotta pay to play'. Your post was more of a troll post that the one you pointed out as a troll post. Obviously you missed the point...a part that is COMPLETELY UNAFFECTED BY ANY OF THE MODIFICATIONS I MADE....FAILED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
is there any chance at all that the oem oil pump failed because of your mods?
No...confirmed by several reliable sources.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #37
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
It sucks for sure, but with everything you've done to the engine surely you're not that surprised.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #38
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
It's entirely possible that your oil pump failed prematurely as a result of your modifications to the engine. If they are not very strong to begin with, the mods certainly could have been a catalyst in the failure.

You have no leg to stand on with the warranty on ANY drivetrain or suspension issues. GM will eat your lunch in court if you go.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #39
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Should have saved yourself some keystrokes and typed 'you gotta pay to play'. Your post was more of a troll post that the one you pointed out as a troll post. Obviously you missed the point...a part that is COMPLETELY UNAFFECTED BY ANY OF THE MODIFICATIONS I MADE....FAILED.
I understand your frustration, but that's no reason to take it out on me....
Old 03-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #40
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
So is this the same as a air conditioner..Would that be considered part of the voided warranty? Seems a little extreme as an oil pump is not affected at all by HP or Torque. But this seems to be the new standard..Mod it and you own it...I pretty much told myself that months ago and it seems to take most of the stress away. And if it breaks I seek the absolute best solution to the weak point. Mossman...I love what you have done so far...dont get bogged down over an oil pump...just chalk it up as another part....good luck
Ah...finally someone who 'gets it'. I'm not complaining about certain aspects of the warranty being voided...I CLEARLY understand.

I'll have a Melling pump on order shortly and have it installed to mitigate the risk of a poor quality part failing...again.

More than ANYTHING this should be a cautionary tale for everyone that is doing any mods. REPLACE YOUR OIL PUMP. It's is known to be weak...check out the bulletin written by GM.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Old 03-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #41
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
I understand your frustration, but that's no reason to take it out on me....
I'm not 'taking anything out on you', not at all and apologies if I structured my response in a way that inferred that sentiment.

You missed the point I was making and made a very generic and broad statement.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #42
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I feel for ya Moss... I went in to get my PDIM replaced and had to beg borrow and plead with them to even look it up to see if there was a TSB on it... I was honest with them up front, that I wanted no special treatment my car was modded and so on. In the end I had to pester the tech, and send him all the information and they agreed to help me.

Obviously my situation is on a non Drivetrain part.... but even there they didn't want anything to do with me....

At least they are consistent.

they aren't even fixing the oil pan leaks which are a manufacturer design flaw, if the car is modded.... headers and a tune have nothing to do with a seal failing on the oil pan...

but they are pretty comfortable waiving us off when ever they can... Which I don't understand becuase the dealer gets paid by GM to do the repair??? I guess GM is handing down heavy penalties for any warranty work done in violation of their stated terms.....

Very furstrating when you know or are reasonably sure the failure had nothing to do with the mods...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote