Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Local Marketplace

Old 05-05-2016, 06:12 AM   #1
JeffK95Z

Drives: 1995 Z-28
FS: 1995 Z-28 - 4,000 obo in Vancouver, BC

Sadly with good reason for being so cheap But this would be a great car for someone to part out, or even get back on the road!

Craigslist here: http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5571323710.html

Cross post from the Canada forum w/ more info:

Hey guys,

Haven't been active with camaro's at all in the last 7-8 years due to leaving the country for work / family life, etc...

Kept my 1995 Camaro parked in Vancouver with plans on getting back to it eventually. But it's now becoming increasingly difficult due to Strata bylaws, etc... I need to do something with it :(

It's been in an underground air conditioned parking garage with a high quality car cover.

I'm currently living on the far end of the country in Newfoundland so anything I do has to be done remotely so it's a bit of a pain.

I have several options and would love to hear any opinions/thoughts:

1) Sell the car as it is - is this even possible? is there a market for a car that has sat for 7/8 years?

2) Get the car road worthy and sell it in Vancouver - Does anyone know of a trustworthy local place I could get this done at? I would have to have it towed there and then towed somewhere else while it is forsale

3) Ship the car home to me, with a stop at Davenport Motorsports to have it gone through and made road worthy (fun fact, the second last picture below is of the same car on Davenports Dyno way back in 1999)

So I guess my real questions are is there a market for selling the car in Vancouver, BC and would anyone guess on a value that would get it sold?

Thanks everyone!

Jeff

------------------
Here's some info I had put together back in 2007 when I thought about selling it - but I just parked it instead as I couldn't bring myself to part with it.

Hey guys,

Very sad to see my car go, but its time to get something a little more practical for me and my wife. This is our only car, so it doesn't really make sense anymore.

I've been slowly turning this into a road racing style car so you can see most of the mods are suspension related. About the only thing its missing suspension wise is a great set of springs. If the car doesn't sell, i'll be ordering them in a few months once they are available again (Strano springs).

Let me know if you have any questions! More info and pictures below.

Thanks for looking,

Jeff

Year: 1995
Make: Camaro
Model: Z-28
Milage: 150,000 km's (100,000 km's on engine & 60,000 km's on transmission)

I've had this car for 10 years now. I puchased it used @ 40,000 km's back in '97 and i've put 110,000 km's on it in the past 10 years. As you can see, i don't drive alot, and in the past 5-6 years i've only been putting about 5-6,000 km's on it each year.

Car has dyno'd 267 rwhp and 315 lb/tq a few years ago and ran 13.6's @ 102 in calgary's shitty air. It should make another 15-20 hp now, and run high 12's @ 106 or so here @ sea level.

Engine: LT1 V8, 350 corvette engine
Transmission: 6 speed

Over all shape: 6-7/10
Desription: The car has scratchs, and a small dent from a hit and run a little awhile ago (this will be fixed via ICBC).
The biggest issue is the front bumper cover. It is cracked in several places and is missing some paint. I have another bumper cover that I was prepping for paint, but honestly it doesn' really bother me that much so i never finished.

When clean, it still looks great to me, but then i'm more about performance then looks, so the scratches don't really bother me

Modifications

Body:
No body modification

Wheels/Tires:
Stock Corvette wheels powder coated Gunmetal Grey.
Front: 17x8.5 w/ Falken 255/45/ZR17
Rear: 18x9.5 w/ Falken 275/40/ZR18
* Tires have roughly 6,000 km's

Brakes:
Front: Upgraded dual piston (LS1) w/ Brembo Rotors and Hawk HP+ pads
Rear: stock single piston w/ Brembo Rotors and Hawk HP+ pads
Brake Lines: Earls Stainless steel on all 4 corners

Engine:
Stock engine with roughly 100,000 km's (was replaced under warranty around 45,000 km's)

Intake:
K&N Cold air intake (installed around 60,000 km's. New filter around 135,000 km's)

Exhaust:
MAC 1 5/8 headers (installed around 143,000 km's)
Stock cat (stock)
Borla cat-back exhaust (installed around 50,000 km's)

Fuel and Ignition:
Walbro 255 fuel pump (installed around 142,000 km's)
Stock opti-spark (stock)
MSD wires (installed around 143,000 km's
NGK spark plugs (installed around 143,000 km's)

Transmission:
GM T-56 6 speed transmission (installed around 80,000 km's)
Center Force dual friction clutch (installed around 80,000 km's)
B&M Ripper short throw shifter (installed around 90,000 km's)

Suspension:
LG Engine shock tower Brace (installed around 90,000 km's)
LG Rear Lower Control Arms (installed around 90,000 km's)
LG Panhard Rod (installed around 90,000 km's)
SLP Weld-in Subframe connectors (installed around 90,000 km's)
Strano Performance 35mm hollow Front swaybar (installed around 142,000 km's)
Strano Performance 22mm hollow Rear swaybar (installed around 142,000 km's)
Koni Single Adjustible shocks (installed around 142,000 km's)
Stock Springs (stock)

Rear End:
Richmond 4.10 gears (installed around 90,000 km's)
TA rear-end girdle cover (installed around 90,000 km's)

JeffK95Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
4000 CAD or USD.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #3
JeffK95Z

sorry for the delay, on vacation currently and for some reason didn't get notification of the reply :(

it was 4k CAD but i'm leaning towards repairing it and shipping it back 'home' to me.

i also notice now that the craigslist post got flagged for removal... weird!
Old 06-08-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
JeffK95Z

Some good news here - Had the car towed to a local GM dealer in Vancouver and it's been repaired!

It's also now on a train being shipped to me I'm rather excited to get it back and in great driving shape!