Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #29
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
I think Z posted some vids if you want to see the Hawaiian streets.
I want to swear they used to drag race at one of the Air Force bases back when I was there in the 70's.
Damn that was a long time ago.

As far as STS marketing or not, take it up with them. They believe they have a good enough product to sell. They've done some nasty things over the years on vettes, gto's, 4th-gens, and our v8 5th gens. Let's hope they have it in them for this v6.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #30
Rdditten

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2LT RS, STS TURBO
Send a message via AIM to Rdditten Send a message via Yahoo to Rdditten
I'm hoping to get that track info for the STS turbo in the near future. Be patient and if anyone needs a kit let me know, we are selling and installing.
Rdditten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #31
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
I think Z posted some vids if you want to see the Hawaiian streets.
I want to swear they used to drag race at one of the Air Force bases back when I was there in the 70's.
Damn that was a long time ago.

As far as STS marketing or not, take it up with them. They believe they have a good enough product to sell. They've done some nasty things over the years on vettes, gto's, 4th-gens, and our v8 5th gens. Let's hope they have it in them for this v6.
We had a track up until a few years ago, Hawaii Raceway Park, which was at Cambell Industrial Park. That has since closed. They just opened Kalaeloa Raceway Park which is on the old Barbers Point Navel Station. Problem is very limited asphalt. They are planning to run sand drags, dirt ovals, and rallycross. I plan to participate in the first rallycross on September 25 (not with my 2010, of course). Currently, the only other legal option we have is Autocross which we have at the Aloha Stadium parking lot (which I also do but not with my 2010). My only other option is to ship the car to one of the neighbor islands, like Maui or Hawaii. But that cost some dough as you have to ship it over and back. I'm going to have to play with the VBOX on some deserted flat roads which are hard to find on this island.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #32
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdditten View Post
I'm hoping to get that track info for the STS turbo in the near future. Be patient and if anyone needs a kit let me know, we are selling and installing.
I hope you get it soon Rich. Let me know once your install is complete. I am pushing this a bit further to try an up the boost. I'll keep you posted. Sorry I missed you when you were on Oahu.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #33
Rdditten

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2LT RS, STS TURBO
Send a message via AIM to Rdditten Send a message via Yahoo to Rdditten
Will let you know as soon as I can Z. I am moving as fast as I can. My schedule is really full.
Rdditten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #34
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Will let you know as soon as I can Z. I am moving as fast as I can. My schedule is really full.
shouldn't you be at work? LOL!

Let me know if you need me to come over and snoopervise! I'm really good at standing around, drinking beer and saying "are you sure that is supposed to go there?" LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:56 AM   #35
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
What are friends for?
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #36
Z Madness

Quote:
To OP, sorry about the threadjack.

To Rich, yeah, get to work man! jk. How about you do a live video stream so we can all "snoopervise". MTI looks like their pushing sales of this kit as well so hopefully you can get'r'done right quick.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #37
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
To OP, sorry about the threadjack.

To Rich, yeah, get to work man! jk. How about you do a live video stream so we can all "snoopervise". MTI looks like their pushing sales of this kit as well so hopefully you can get'r'done right quick.
actually as it turns out Rich and I both work for the same company! (different locations)
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #38
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey Z its great to see you standing behind STS because it ensures me that it is a great kit. Its perfectly understandable for everyone else to be skeptical because of the numbers but im sure once we get some numbers, people will be impressed.
How do you like it as a DD?
Im a little afraid for my car with a turbo kit. If i was going to get the kit i would really want it to run7 psi, i would be ok with 5 too but 7 would be great. But my car being a DD, i really do beat on her. Im always punching her. BAsically shes sprinting all the time lol I just really want to know that if i have a turbo, and i beat on her while she is my DD, am i going to run into problems in terms of longevity or parts breaking? I know that youll never know for sure but im just looking for insight. Because i may be in the spot i have been waiting for, and well that will put me in the financial situation to"
A. Turbo the car
B. Upgrade to an SS
C. Trade for a Z06 used.
D. Wait a bit longer and pick up a used Z28 from the states.

See my predicament. When you think of it, the first 3 are really close in cost
What do you guys think
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #39
Z Madness

FYI, this is not my DD. I drive a Hybrid Tahoe. My daughter may use it as a DD in another year, we'll see. My plan is to get the Z28. This is my 5th Camaro. I have always had V8's so this was my first stab at a V6. I was impatient for the Z28 so I said heck, let's play with a v6 and see what we can do. Right now I have less than 2000 miles so I can't confirm longevity. But every time I drive it, I drive it hard. With that said, I decided to use the meth injection with a high/low boost controller. 5 psi for regular boost and 7-8 psi with meth injection on high boost. Hopefully I get that worked out soon. I know Hurst is deciding how to safely up the boost as well. I should have an answer within the next 2 weeks. Another company I know received a SEMA car from GM that is a V6 Camaro and they will be running the same STS set up with meth so they are definitely waiting for me to get the high boost issue worked out. Of course they are doing other sick mods to the exterior. Amazing so many companies are using an STS kit that doesn't work. Lol.

My thoughts would be to Turbo the car or wait for the Z28. Of course Z06's are awesome but for a DD? If you upgrade to an SS, you will be itching to do more performance upgrades which will then add even more to the cost. It really your own preference. What do you want to be driving on your daily commute?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #40
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Z thanks alot for your input, i guess ill just have to wait and see. Going for a vette will probably be my last option. Its really a toss up between SS, Z28, engine swap or killer V6 lol i guess il just have to decide when the time comes. In which ill have all the numbers worked out and then ill have to ask you for your opinion
Thanks for your help Z!!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #41
Z Madness

If you are looking for performance, go V8. If you want a fun daily driver, the V6 is a great option.